Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/07/2008, 06:14 PM
Premium Member

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. im not sure how i missed this Thank you
Perfect info
Old 01/07/2008, 08:04 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rishma
In God we trust, everyone else must bring data.

Cheers
I love it.

Quote of the year
Old 01/07/2008, 10:14 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bubbletip2

Thanks Bubbletip2 for doing this testing.

I was trying to understand the big difference here in this comparison. First I was thinking that the lumenarc III must have been on the system for a long time maybe dirty when you took the lumenarc numbers. Then it dawned on me that 21" off the water is just a long way for a non focused light to travel and still have any intensity. So while these numbers are helpful, if this same test was done with both fixtures say 14" off the surface it sure would complete the comparison, and give us some insight to how we can best chose a reflector for our own system.
Old 01/08/2008, 05:21 PM
Moved On

woohoo they finally came!!!!

wowza!
Old 01/08/2008, 05:57 PM
Registered Member

That's a good looking Boxer. One of most favorite breeds. O- Reflectors look good too, They will look even better above your tank.
Old 01/08/2008, 06:11 PM
Premium Member

How do you guys think this will work for a 12" high canopy for a 180g tank?
I don't have the option to put it any higher since i cant have reflectors sticking out of the canopy. The wife axed that idea really quick.

I know most people here have their reflectors like 12-14" off the water.
Right now, it's 11" from the top of the inside to the water. With reflector, that's only around 4" clearance. lol
Old 01/08/2008, 06:39 PM
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by JRaquatics
That's a good looking Boxer. One of most favorite breeds. O- Reflectors look good too, They will look even better above your tank.
thanks! she is from germany. I show her in conformation and we also compete in agility. she had her first litter two years ago at two. We have a breeding planned for this spring. here are some pix of her last/first litter! Everyone loves boxer puppies

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times
Old 01/08/2008, 06:41 PM
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by bsk997
I don't have the option to put it any higher since i cant have reflectors sticking out of the canopy. The wife axed that idea really quick.

Right now, it's 11" from the top of the inside to the water. With reflector, that's only around 4" clearance. lol
from what i've been reasearching the higher up placing is really optimal since they kind of spotlight light. when you have them that low you will probably have dark areas and areas that are getting an insane amount of light. lumenarc 3's might be a better option if you have to go that low
Old 01/08/2008, 07:27 PM
Moved On

well i got one wired up. have to run to the store to get some electrical tape i forgot (cuz i cant find the one i have) and also another extension cord to wire the other up. here are some pix of the halide firing up in the reflector 20k radium

few minutes later
Old 01/08/2008, 11:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bsk997

You would never be happy with them that low. I holes in the top of my canopy on my 180gal. I do however plan on placing some type of cover/crowmolding to hide it this spring. If you can get some pics of you canopy up, I am sure I can come up with a clever way of getting you the room you need. Lumenbrights would be worth it. Otherwise I would agree that Lumenarcs are your best bet at that height, and still being to low for those too IMO.
Old 01/08/2008, 11:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cl2ysta1
thanks! she is from germany. I show her in conformation and we also compete in agility. she had her first litter two years ago at two. We have a breeding planned for this spring. here are some pix of her last/first litter! Everyone loves boxer puppies

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times
Those are great. I really wish I had a larger yard I would get another one. My last boxer died of cancer at the age of 5.