Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Southern California Reefers
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/31/2007, 01:00 PM
Registered Member

Angry FS: ALL my SPS for $200

Well, got home at last nite and found out that I accidently turn the heater plug "on" instead of "auto" beforing leaving for 15 hours shift. IT's a 500 watt heater, temp was about 87 when I got home, chiller was running.

Well, most of my monti caps are bleached out and some of the SPS are completely gone due to the heat.

After throwing out about 10pcs, I did a head count and I still have about 30-40 + pcs left from 1" to small colonies. I don't know there name, so please don't ask. The SPS were from John, aka emdy, Tery, aka stryker and a few other members here. Superman, green slimmers, green mili, yellow acro, brown acro with green polyps..etc.

Anyways, $200 for all, whatever SPS in my tank, including a 12" wide orange monti cap, 12" purple monti cap that bleached 60-70%. If any anything stick to large rock, I have to break it.

About 30pcs of sps are are in good condition. So $200 for the whole package.

Just selling SPS in my tank only, I am going to switch to softies only tank. Give me a call if you want to buy the whole package, I don't have time to apart it out. I will donate to my school, where I work if there is no taker.

1454 Munoz Place
Placentia, CA 92870
714-603-4707
Old 10/31/2007, 01:05 PM
Registered Member

dang, that's a heck of a deal. wish i had the extra money.
Old 10/31/2007, 01:07 PM
Premium Member

Sorry bout that man.
Im interested. Got any pics of your tank?
Old 10/31/2007, 01:09 PM
Registered Member

interested in them. Live about 1 street from you. Let me know if you have time after 6 today. th anks
Old 10/31/2007, 02:12 PM
Registered Member

dang tom that sux... yesterday i had outage from 2:30 pm ... i had to keep my generator running the whole night and fill up the gas every 4 hours lol... and the generator was REALLY loud, especially during the night time, so i just pretended i wasn't home fish is more important than my neighbor..
Old 10/31/2007, 02:34 PM
Registered Member

do you know off hand a couple of the sps species you have in the package?
Old 10/31/2007, 02:35 PM
Registered Member

sorry to hear tom. i wish i had the space.
Old 10/31/2007, 06:12 PM
Registered Member

I will try to get some pics up later today, only the monti caps were bleached, the rest of the SPS are doing good. I just don't want the hassle of deal with the heat/cal/alk..etc.

Beside I have a major project I am doing in now and I need to cut back on time spending on my house tank.

Nava405 - I was in a hurry for work it was 600am, I thought the plug was for the sump fan, so I had it "on".

GPS - give me a call I will be free all day, no pressure of buying stop by, look and have a chat.
Old 10/31/2007, 07:10 PM
Brother Maynard

wish i had the space in my tank as well!!! i would snatch it up in a heartbeat!!!

fer shure someone will pick this up!!!

Ben.
Old 10/31/2007, 07:20 PM
Registered Member

call you Tom
Old 10/31/2007, 08:58 PM
Registered Member

Tom,

I just got home. Traffic is horrible from the LAX. I gotta take the kids to trick or treat now. If you have time after 8:30 or so. I would stop by. Thanks.
Old 10/31/2007, 11:44 PM
Registered Member

Sorry to GPS and the rest of my friends that PMed or called me. EVERYTHING IS SOLD.

I took my kid to trick or treat, when I got back, two members already waiting for me at my house. They came from LA area.

took us like an hour to packed all the SPS.
Old 10/31/2007, 11:53 PM
Registered Member

I will also break down tank and converted into fish only. No more SPS so no need for all the flow.

2 x tunze 6100 with 2 x suregrip magnet, no controller 475 for both. One was bought brand new.
Old 11/01/2007, 05:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by chaffey
Sorry to GPS and the rest of my friends that PMed or called me. EVERYTHING IS SOLD.

I took my kid to trick or treat, when I got back, two members already waiting for me at my house. They came from LA area.

That was me =)...

Hey tom, thanks for bagging them up. Didn't know there was so many of it...Love the clams.

Alex
Old 11/01/2007, 05:36 PM
Registered Member

Nice score, Alex. How did the tank move go?
Old 11/01/2007, 07:34 PM
Registered Member

Hey Kelly,

Lost a fish, but everything is ok....Better than what I expected =)
Old 11/01/2007, 07:39 PM
Crawfish Eating Reefer

Watch out if Chaffey gives you some free peppermint shrimps.
Old 11/01/2007, 08:08 PM
Premium Member

Re: FS: ALL my SPS for $200

Quote:
Well, got home at last nite and found out that I accidently turn the heater plug "on" instead of "auto" beforing leaving for 15 hours shift. IT's a 500 watt heater, temp was about 87 when I got home, chiller was running.

Well, most of my monti caps are bleached out and some of the SPS are completely gone due to the heat.

After throwing out about 10pcs, I did a head count and I still have about 30-40 + pcs left from 1" to small colonies. I don't know there name, so please don't ask. The SPS were from John, aka emdy, Tery, aka stryker and a few other members here. Superman, green slimmers, green mili, yellow acro, brown acro with green polyps..etc.

Anyways, $200 for all, whatever SPS in my tank, including a 12" wide orange monti cap, 12" purple monti cap that bleached 60-70%. If any anything stick to large rock, I have to break it.

About 30pcs of sps are are in good condition. So $200 for the whole package.

Just selling SPS in my tank only, I am going to switch to softies only tank. Give me a call if you want to buy the whole package, I don't have time to apart it out. I will donate to my school, where I work if there is no taker.

1454 Munoz Place
Placentia, CA 92870
714-603-4707
i will take them
Old 11/01/2007, 08:37 PM
Crawfish Eating Reefer

Quote:

A few metros behind. lol.
Old 11/01/2007, 08:56 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Scissorhand
Watch out if Chaffey gives you some free peppermint shrimps.
Hoang - They are still in my tank, saw them this morning.
Old 11/01/2007, 09:26 PM
Crawfish Eating Reefer

Crazy! take those out and throw 'em in along with the crawfish. Yum.