Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Propagated Corals & Tank Raised Livestock Selling
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/16/2007, 04:36 PM
sweeeet!!

FREE Grouper to a BIG home!! Pick only up at this time...NW MN

I have 3 grouper that need a new home.

2 - Panther Grouper
1 - Blue with lateral gold stripes?!?!

They are free to a GOOD home. A large tank is a must, large being 100g+, but I am sure you know what I mean.

If I cannot find a home nearby, I plan to ship to Florida to a public aquarium. I just wanted to avoid the hassle of shipping these rather large dudes!!

Let it snow, I have a hobby to pay for!!!
Old 10/18/2007, 09:34 PM
See Ya ;-)

Ever in Sioux Falls...could bring there...a local fish store has a great display to keep them in and not sell...

Grant
Old 10/18/2007, 09:46 PM
sweeeet!!

Fargo is 2 hours away and that is too far. That LFS is selling tanks and unfortunately put a panther Grouper in a 20L. The other 2 grouper are sharing a 55g that up until yesterday, had electric current running through it. Some people are not meant to own animals!!

Old 10/19/2007, 04:57 PM
Registered Member

Hey James, I hope all is going well. I have a friend with a 240 aggresive here in Panama City that would love them if there big enough not to get eaten by his stone fish. You shipping them to the Gulfarium?
Old 10/19/2007, 05:07 PM
sweeeet!!

I was going to ship to Chris, but my wife is expecting anytime now and that is taking priority over those poor fish. The problem is the fish are going to lose their home any day now. They are selling the tanks out from underneath them. I don't even have any bags to ship them in. I thought about ordering some from USPlastics.com, but by the time the bags arrive, the fish will not be there. I really think I should just put them to sleep. I hate to do it, but there is going to be a time when the tanks are gone and the owners will probably just throw all three grouper into one 20g tank. As it is, I have purchased two Coral Beauties, 1 Powder Blue Tang and am about to buy the Humu Humu Trigger. My wife is in agreement to get a bigger tank for a predator tank, but that isn't going to happen overnight. Timing is bad. Any suggestions??

Old 10/19/2007, 07:15 PM
Registered Member

No spare tanks to put them in for a while? I got a 55 sitting empty, not really enough space but better than a 20 I suppose.
Old 10/19/2007, 08:58 PM
sweeeet!!

Can one of your USPS trucks bring it this way?? I'd pick it up from the post office here. I don't plan to save the grouper, unless you can get me that tank soon!! Where are you again?? What town??

Old 10/19/2007, 09:16 PM
Registered Member

I'm in International Falls, don't think I could talk my boss out of a truck though. Maybe but unlikely.
Old 10/19/2007, 10:16 PM
Registered Member

I'm in International Falls, don't think I could talk my boss out of a truck though. Maybe but unlikely.
Old 10/20/2007, 11:43 PM
sweeeet!!

If I can't find a home, I was given permission from the owner to euthanize (spelling is incorrect on that word) them. The owners said they would rather throw them in the trash. At least my method, the "freezer method" is a little more humane so I have read.

Old 10/21/2007, 08:44 AM
Registered Member

I think clove oil works faster if overdosed, there's something else you can use too but I can't recall it.
Old 10/21/2007, 10:23 AM
Registered Member

Are you going down to see that tank you were asking about on TCMAS? If so, Dirk probably has room for them at his place, although you would have to ask. If you are coming down to the cities to look at that tank, I am pretty confident you could find someone to save the fish, just post them up on the local forum. Of course, this is all dependant on if you are going down to look at that tank you had posted interest in.

HTH,
Mary
Old 10/21/2007, 10:58 AM
sweeeet!!

The fish need to be out today or tomorrow. On top of all that, as I mentioned above, my wife is super pregnant and due any day. And that takes priority over anything else, obviously. That is why I was hoping for a pic of Dirks tank so if I was interested, I could know for certain. He is not willing so I am not. The fish are going to have to go down unless someone comes here and gets them. Do you think Dirk would deliver that tank to me?? If so, he could take the tank home with him. Tell him there is a bunch of fish hardgoods for sale to populate his shop or whatever it is that he does.

Old 10/21/2007, 12:24 PM
Registered Member

IDK if Dirk would deliver. He runs an insurance business, and is a wholesaler for aquaria supplies and livestock to boot. Very busy man . Congrats on the baby, hope all goes smooth for you two (soon to be three!). LMK if you have any questions on that X10 system, but I am sure you can go to any radio shack to get answers if you need!

Take care,
Mary
Old 10/21/2007, 12:41 PM
sweeeet!!

Actually, I just bought an AC Jr. and plan to use the X10's on it. I still may use your clock thingy for my QT system, but maybe not.

Old 10/21/2007, 09:13 PM
Registered Member

I will talk to my friend tomorrow and let you know early if he wants them for overnight costs. If you have the ability to ship that is. We have to save these fish!!!
Old 10/21/2007, 09:14 PM
Registered Member

How big are they by the way?
Old 10/21/2007, 09:50 PM
sweeeet!!

Each are about 6"- 8' long. I have an interested party who can provide a HUGE home (60,000+ gallons). I won't say who it is unless they agree. I will hold off from putting them down. Ultimately, I am looking for a BIG home and someone willing to pay for overnight shipping. I will do the rest.

In the meantime, I plan to go to Wally-World and get some feeder fish for the upcoming journey. My biggest issues is that I don't really have shipping bags and would have to use 6-ply garbage bags or something. I will canvas my company tomorrow and see if I can find anything large and thick enough.

Old 10/22/2007, 08:26 AM
Registered Member

I talked to the friend with the 240G and he is willing to pay the shipping. Once they out grow that they will probably end up in the Saltwater Grills 25,000 gallon aquarium.
Old 10/22/2007, 04:52 PM
Registered Member

Keep in mind that if these fish end up in a "60,000" gallon tank, what larger fish are going to be in there to eat them for lunch?? I would give them a good home in my tank for overnight charges(unless it is out the roof on price). I already have one very healthy and happy grouper.
Old 10/22/2007, 08:42 PM
sweeeet!!

Apparently, the owners let the someone buy all three. Supposedly the person only has a 55g. I told them not to do it and to hold the fish for me, they didn't care and gave them away. They marked FREE and the first person through the door took all three.

There is still a Picasso Trigger that I may take for the meantime. If anybody wants that fish, please let me know. Same rules apply and I will be the judge or who's tank gets it. Sort of like an adoption case.

Old 10/23/2007, 12:06 AM
Registered Member

I will take the picasso trigger let me know how much shipping is
Old 10/23/2007, 07:53 AM
sweeeet!!

Quote:
by js_bass
I will take the picasso trigger let me know how much shipping is
PM me with your tank size and params please. Remember this is not an autcion, it's an adoption. And if I quote you shipping, I need a zip code from you!!

Old 10/23/2007, 02:19 PM
Registered Member

I have a 150 gallon tank with 0ppm on everything, and very little nitrate. I only have five fish in that tank, and i am certain he would be happy. My zip code is 66701. thanks, let me know.