Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Only & Aggressive Tanks

Old 12/27/2007, 03:03 PM
Registered Member

Lg Long Tent Anenome vs. Puffer and Trigger

I have a lg GSM and would like to get him a anenome...my tank is light with halides and everything and im sure there is enough current...blah..blah...blah.....but my question is how will a large(lets say 8-10in anenome do with a porc puffer and a clown trigger?.....i know the clown would host to a LTA cause he has in the past....but do you think the puffer and trigger will just pick away at it?or will teh clown defend it and that and combo of being stung...or are they just all out going to destroy it or is it kinda hit or miss?
Old 12/27/2007, 05:11 PM
Keeper of Sharks

I'd say a hit or miss. Back when I had my LTA (about 16-17" diameter) and had a Dogface Puffer in the tank with it, the Puffer ate it. I had never heard of Puffers doing this until I saw it. I don't think its very common but can happen.

"Risk something, take back whats yours. Say something that you know they might attack you for." - Linkin Park - Hands Held High
Old 12/28/2007, 09:04 AM
Art and science

I have a baby porcupine and a huma huma with a lg condy and they don't give it a second thought