Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06/09/2006, 03:12 PM
Registered Member

tperk9784 Is a scammer - AVOID

Below is shown my corospondance with "tim", tperk9784
I paid 55$ through paypal and never recieved goods. I did file a claim and paypal found in my favor, however no money has been returned to me. This guy is a wanker and should not be delt with
no integrity, no honesty

Re: Will take little giant
Oh my I am sooo sorry, I put it in my trunk to ship the next day and totally forgot. I am sooo sorry. I feel reallly really bad. I'll make sure I get it out today, (fri). again I am very sorry.

Tim

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jafoca wrote on 05/18/2006 09:13 PM:
Have you shipped this pump? Any tracking numbers?

Have not recieved and not heard anything from you....

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tperk9784 wrote on 05/09/2006 08:19 PM:
You can send payment to amazon_anne@hotmail.com

I'll send it out ASAP

Tim

quote:

jafoca wrote on 05/09/2006 12:49 PM:
Do you take paypal?

I would like this pump.
Old 06/09/2006, 04:47 PM
Crap Under User Name

You need to give some more information, like when did you send payment and how long after that did he mention that he forgot to ship. I cannot see anything even coming close to a scam here with what you posted.

You should know that jumping the gun with PayPal can seriously screw up the seller's bank account. If it was a simple human error, like forgetting, then you just basically froze his bank account for no good reason. PayPal does not unfreeze an account once it's been frozen and he may be having serious financial trouble due to you.

I do not know the seller and have never even heard of his screen name before. However, if you are going to make accusations, bring some details along with you.

The little men that live behind my eyes and scream into my brain told me to tell you hi.
Old 06/09/2006, 06:47 PM
Registered Member

I'm curious too. I just recently purchased a 90 set up from him and was totally happy with the transaction. I'm sure there is a good reason. Was the 18th the last time you were able to contact him? I'm not seeing any current messages. Are you sure it wasn't lost in transit? Stuff happens
Old 06/09/2006, 08:49 PM
Hobby Addict

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...hreadid=838927
Old 06/13/2006, 12:43 PM
Registered Member

oops... didnt expect questions or replies here... Will post more details:

first of all, you can see some of the transaction on the thread that Gorilla posted, thanks!

Here is some more details:

I paid on May 9th, when I got the address.

As it shows, I messaged him on may 18th about the pump to which he responded a day later saying he forgot to ship it, and that he would ship it out that day, may 19th.

Between then and now I have sent many requests for status updates, tracking numbers, anything really... Then began threatening to file a claim with paypal because he has not responded to any PM or emails since the one on the 19th. Read again, NO communication since the 19th of may.

Then, on may 22 I had still not heard anything about the pump from him, nor recieved it, so I filed a claim with Paypal.

Paypal goes through a long process to assess what happened, I gave them logs of my PM's with Tim, and apparantly Tim did not respond to Paypal's petition for information. Paypal therefore found in my favor on this claim but could not get any money out of tperk's account... so they may or may not take action in the future.
Old 06/16/2006, 07:34 AM
Always a Buckeye

He hasn't had a post on RC since 5/18.