Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 01/26/2007, 01:19 PM
Premium Member

cokemanmark scam artist

Beware of this guy he is a scam artist.
cokemanmark AKA extremebudman01 Mark Buckner is a ripoff artist.
we worked up a trade on corals I sent my stuff just like I promised
shipped fedex paid $102.47 for overnight (del by 10am) emailed him tracking # on tuesday. He said he recived everything & would ship mine out on thursday for friday I was to pick it up @ fedex location IT NEVER WAS SHIPPED he never sent a tracking # and now he will not answer the phone. go figure

Last edited by rbaker; 01/27/2007 at 12:20 AM.
Old 01/26/2007, 01:33 PM
VENI VITI VICI!!!

gotts support that cocaine and bud habit somehow! thanx for the warning. sorry to hear about your loss, ive only bought one thing on RC and it was chaeto from ReefRockerLive, and he gave an honest deal and it arrived when he said it would and in great condition. spred the word to an administrator in their forum. see if they can do something. if nothing else they can ban him for that i do believe. dont take my word on it though. try to have a great weekend, and keep on reefin. Karma, will get him!
John M
Old 01/26/2007, 04:48 PM
Registered Member

wow man thanks for the heads up i was just about to do a trade with him thanks
Old 01/26/2007, 04:50 PM
Registered Member

u can report him to his local police and its mail fruad just save all of youre emails and stuff to prove youre point
Old 01/26/2007, 05:54 PM
Premium Member

He just scammed me too. I shipped him my corals for a trade and he received it but never responded to my emails.
Old 01/26/2007, 05:59 PM
Premium Member

He also posts for trades on saltwaterfish

http://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/member.php?userid=27904
Old 01/26/2007, 06:59 PM
Registered Member

i hope he gets banned from here that not right to do that to people well at least u have his adress and can report him
Old 01/26/2007, 10:05 PM
Premium Member

well he did make it right tonight after we sent the POLICE over to talk to him. after many atempts to call and email I quit trying to contact him directly BUT the local police in Villa Rica Ga. are very helpful & persuasive it seems. He called me while the police were still on the phone with me. We came to an agreement and he paid me for what I was out. I hate I had to go to this extreme to make it right but maybe he learned something
Old 01/26/2007, 10:12 PM
Premium Member

Wow I`m glad I saw this post. I was setting up a trade with him for some of my sons corals we had posted. He wanted me to send them overnight to him also. Glad I was waiting till next week to do anything about shipping them.

Sorry to hear about you guys that lost out with this person. I am glad to have RC and feedback forums like this to alert others.
Old 01/26/2007, 10:45 PM
Registered Member

He scammed me as well, I never received the corals, I shipped him a toadstool cost me well over 150$.

I am calling the police then tomorrow on him, please advise if have the police contact number for that area, since I to sent him a 100 coral, and paid 85 in shipping to him.
Old 01/26/2007, 11:32 PM
Premium Member

I just realized it was the same person AKA extremebudman01 but he gave his name as Mark Pitts at the same mailing address.....
Old 01/26/2007, 11:57 PM
Premium Member

extremebudman01@aim.com is his email. The schmuck has another alias now, its hunter13006. I cant search but did see his last post was in a for sale thread.
Old 01/27/2007, 02:27 AM
Eye Bol

I thought I remember RC saying it was going to impliment and enforce more standards to these types of people. At least ban them from RC so as to hinder their ability to continue this type of scam.

Sorry to hear of all who have been taken. I hope this doesn't keep you from future online transactions. Most people in these forums are truly honest reefers.

I really would like to see this guy put in jail for fraud. Maybe one day.
Old 01/27/2007, 03:11 AM
Registered Member

I TOO WILL BE SENDING THE POLICE OVER. HOWEVER A FRIEND OF MINE IS AN ATTOURNEY IN THAT AREA. UNFORTUNATLEY FOR HIM, I HAVE THE TIME AND THE MEANS TO PRESS CHARGES. I WILL!!! I WILL ALSO PLAN ON SUING HIM FOR TRAVEL, ATTOURNEYS FEES AND COURT COST. ANY ONE ELSE ON BOARD JUST LET ME KNOW. I WOULD LOVE TO DO A CLASS ACTION SUIT.

THANKS! SCOTT SERIO
Old 01/27/2007, 03:33 AM
Registered Member

aww man i just "traded" him some tunzes
Old 01/27/2007, 06:05 AM
Moved On

ok i am trying to fix every thing i sent two people money and will send what every needs to be sent if you would rather get money than the corals let me know
Old 01/27/2007, 06:19 AM
Garbologist

Quote:
Originally posted by cokemanmark
ok i am trying to fix every thing i sent two people money and will send what every needs to be sent if you would rather get money than the corals let me know
You need to contact me via PM concerning this current situation, and to address your multiple user accounts. Please refrain from posting on RC until we resolve this.

The Tribal Wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that:

"When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount."
Old 01/27/2007, 11:37 AM
Registered Member

I sent a PM telling him I was calling the police, he in turn sent paypal for coral and shipping. I recommend everyone take this approach, I have his phone number if anyone needs it please PM me.

Its a shame when we all try to swap corals from around the country and a guy this scams everyone now a few of will never probably have enough faith to do this anymore.
Old 01/27/2007, 12:06 PM
Garbologist

I have been in contact with him via PM. He has promised to make things right. While we are not prepared nor do we have the time or manpower or desire to get between every buyer and seller on this site, in this case you can let me know if your situation was taken care of.

I don't like throwing out a blanket statement, but please be careful of dealing with a member with very few posts in their history. Just something to think about. And remember, this is not eBay. You buy and sell at your own risk for the most part.

The Tribal Wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that:

"When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount."
Old 01/27/2007, 12:32 PM
Moved On

ok i sent money to gigi4539, BLANKENSHIP76 and bad habit
i am talking to er1c_the_reefer, Buganddoug and RufRidn to work things out
Old 01/27/2007, 12:55 PM
Premium Member

I can't beleive this guy, and his IP, have not been perma banned yet.
Old 01/27/2007, 01:02 PM
Registered Member

smiller,

I understand it isn't ebay, and please know I have had mostly all good dealings on RC. I know alot of people expect the mods to police the buying and selling, I am not one of those people. This is an informational site, where people can trade and sell small portions to upgrade their own tanks, not EBAY.

It is just a shame when a guy like this runs these schemes, but it is what it is. Thanks for helping everyone, and keep RC as clean as possible.
Old 01/27/2007, 01:11 PM
Registered Member

wow 6+ guys.....karma is a mug!!!

you should be a used car salesman

It's difficult to get a man to understand something that his salary requires him not to.
Old 01/27/2007, 06:05 PM
Spine Straightener

You folks need to get in touch with the FBIs Internet fraud unit. I got scammed about four years ago and they caught the guys. The court has been paying me back a little at a time. Good luck!
Old 01/27/2007, 06:35 PM
Moved On

hey i have now got thing straight with gigi4539, BLANKENSHIP76, bad habit and RufRidn
i am going to ship to Buganddoug on wed as he requested