Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 03/08/2005, 07:43 AM
Moved On

Mr. Lang knows he did something wrong that why hes changed his name on a couple of other boards isnt that right Karnus,Big Fish. Mr. Lang I didnt see you at the swap on Sunday worried about a confrontation? Why did you drag your brother into this for Mr Lang?
Old 03/09/2005, 01:54 PM
Registered Member

If anyone thinks they are justified in sticking up for Lang your crazy.

Some of us opperate on a system of trust. When we see something we want for sale and make the decision to buy, we trust we're getting the correct combination of parts and componants for a smooth opperating product. We dont go research every single componant to validate compatibilty. WE TRuST one another and thats how it should be without the worry of being screwed. Its people like Lang that ruin the beauty of these transactions all together. We have an awesome opportunity here to network between one another and utilize one anothers resourses on a fair honest playing field. Once we start decieving one another the experience as a whole is tarnished. I have done quite a bit of business with fellow reefers on this page and have been very impressed and met some great people. If your not of that caliber mr.lang... go away!... and dont come back. If you dont have the gull and integrity to do business as a professional you are not welcome here.

As to the others who have stuck up for Mr.Lang... first, put yourself in the shoes of the person who received an incorrect combination of componants that are not designed to work together but were sold to you under the impression of a compatible kit(just cause the bulbs at some point fired doesnt mean the kit is correct or more importantly safe.) Secondly I have noticed that most of you are from the same general area. If your posts are placed with an alterier motive you also need to question your values and integrity as a person and re-evaluate your purpose.

That being said. Lang, you owe Mufret at the very least an apology. YOu were deceptive in your actions and I hope you will fess up, to at least retain some sort of respect from the other reefers here. Many very large claims have been made against you in this thread both questioning your motives and your integrity and if you truly believe you were in the right I would assume you would approach the situation with some more concrete evidence to defend your intentions and actions during and after the transaction.

Weak display pal. Weak display!
Old 03/09/2005, 10:23 PM
Moved On

not defending terry at all, but how come more than half of these people posting in here have 0 posts and no one has ever heard of you?
Old 03/09/2005, 10:59 PM
midnight desperado

because Terry has many names......
"If you don't test for it, DON'T ADD IT!!!!"
"Always strive for the optimum environment, not the minimum environment" -BrianD-
Old 03/09/2005, 11:01 PM
Registered Member

If you notice the people with low post #'s are all defending Mr. Lang
Old 03/09/2005, 11:02 PM
Registered Member

Hmm. I am watching this on more than this board. As a reefer in the area I am finding it most informative. One thing is for sure, something is rotten here.

My BS detector went off like crazy when I checked out the "proof picture" on the first page of this thread....Sure doesn't look like 48" T5 lighting to me. Call me crazy!?!?
Just watching, time will tell as it always does.
Old 03/10/2005, 12:59 AM
Registered Member

2 things, I was the first to say that pic he posted was not t5 lighting, nobody said anything.

2nd I've been a member for about 3 months and posted at least 40 to 50 messages on this board, so why does it just say i have post 2 or 3 posts...is the counter F.U.???

I know one thing, if i want to buy something on rc, if i cant find pos feedback on the seller, i wont buy at any price. I already bought a skimmer and it needed a new pump, old pump was noisy, all i get is im sorry. and that guy had good feeback, so i dont know if i'll even buy anything else on here.

also I think its time to lock this thread. The guy has been ripped off, nothing will come of it, so why keep it going???
Old 03/10/2005, 07:03 AM
Moved On

You know, something is weird about that post count, because the guy unoit has 6 posts in this thread alone but only shows 1 post, and Kryptkeeper has 4 and only shows 3 , also Mufret has 8 in this thread and only shows 5. Does it not count if you post twice in the same thread?
Old 03/10/2005, 09:47 AM
Premium Member

I don't think # of posts go up if you post in the Selling/buying forums.
Old 03/10/2005, 11:13 AM
Registered Member.

A final update on this transaction:

Mr. Lang has contacted me and we have been able to work out an agreement that will resolve this transaction. I am pleased that we were able to come to an agreement and I think it was fair to both parties. I am appreciative for Mr. Lang's willingness to discuss the differences that we had regarding the transaction and I feel that we have been able to end this in an amicable fashion. My hope is that we can now all move forward and continue to enjoy this hobby (although it sometimes seems to border on an obsession).

I would also like to thank everyone that posted and think that the comments made provided both Mr. Lang and myself, different perspectives on our transaction that I feel ultimately helped us to be able to resolve our differences.

Sincerely, Mike
Old 03/10/2005, 11:26 AM
Registered Member

I gotta admit I'm impressed. Good job fellas.
Old 03/10/2005, 11:27 AM
Legal Reefer

Mr. Lang & Mike, glad to hear. Sometimes when we think we are right, we ask for others opinions. When thoes opinions are clearly one sided, one can change thier mind. Mr. Lang, I'm glad you did. Happy Reefing.
Old 03/10/2005, 12:28 PM
Moved On

Mike lots of luck in your future purchases you'll find out its not how the rest of us operate here.
Old 03/10/2005, 04:19 PM
Registered Member

?

Well so this forum actually accomplishes something other than being a soap opera and warning others about people that choose to follow the devil. And even gets them to take the righteous path and correct their wrongs...I didn't think I'd ever see this in these critical times of evolution. I'M REALLY IMPRESSED!!!

Thank you Mr. Lang for restoring my faith in humanity!!

And to all Reefers, maybe there is hope. Maybe since we all have something in common we can treat each other as we would treat ourselves!
Old 03/11/2005, 02:53 PM
Premium Member

===========To whom it may concern=================

I've been only on Reef Central about a month. I did 3 purchases from three different people who listed their items on here. I have nothing but praises about their item description, shipping and communications. As a seller you have the responsibility to get the product as described in working condition (unless stated broken) (regardless of AS IS) to the buyer. This whole community is based on trust. Certain people ruin it for everyone. I see no amicable communications from the seller what so ever. And I see no feedback from him after all these posts. That clearly states he was wrong all the way.
There are a lot of good people in RC. I gained enormous amount of information and knowledge in just than a month because of a wonderful group of people, who loves this hobby and want to share their experiences.
Thanks RC community
Old 03/16/2005, 07:29 PM
Registered Member

i just want to say im new but its obvious mr lang is coward!!!!
instead working hard to makethings better he runs from them.
i make plenty of mistakes, but i always try to fix the problem. i hope mr lang has a guilty conscience.

what a wuse
Old 04/16/2005, 09:25 PM
Registered Member

The guy is still an ahole.May his armpits be full of red bugs.
Old 04/17/2005, 06:01 AM
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by ed castile
The guy is still an ahole.May his armpits be full of red bugs.
hahahahahhaahahaha
Old 04/17/2005, 06:19 AM
Registered Member

LOL i cant believe this thread is still going, so exactly what kind of infestation would that be???? I know it ain't the crabs!
Old 04/20/2005, 09:44 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Littledim
Yup we flamed him good like a gang rape. We can all feel good about that. He will think twice now about trying to sell his junk around here. Many of “us� are of such fine character we did not have the guts to confront him without the veil of brand new IDs to conceal our cheap pot shots. I confess that I even got caught up in this petty BS.

This was a case of sour gapes between a seller and buyer, the seller’s ad was fine, the buyer did not express a desire for one ballast over the other. The seller told the buyer it was under warranty and get it fixed and today the buyer says it was repaired under warranty.

I am sorry Mr. Lang for being such an A-hole in my previous posts, also I went to your club website since that was attacked…. If the club was in my area I would check it out.

Hopefully men of character will follow my lead.
Thanks, Littledim! It looks like you have caught on.... a few people who are against the idea of a club .... finding an excuse to flame a person. Then flaming the club's message board here until they rendered it useless and a new one had to be set up elsewhere.

They can't state their argument here against having a reef club in Lorain County or we would know them for what they are. Their jihad against having a club will make up anything in order to destroy the idea of a Lorain area club, including false numbers of how many members, and most things thrown into this thread that people would assume to be true. Since the club is newly formed and there are no officers yet, Terry is only president in the imagination of these posts. Right from the first meeting, Terry said that was one job he didn't want.

Not getting the support of a popular site like ReefCentral is a setback, but only a setback. Having these people come to the March club meeting to disrupt it, was reprehensible and yet showed their dishonesty. Here they call Terry president, but at the meeting said the club is illegal because it does yet have officers. I am proud to be in a hobby that has people like Terry who will donate their own time and money to promote reefkeeping, knowing they may never get recognized for their devotion.
Old 04/21/2005, 09:08 PM
Moved On

Its terrible you couldnt have heard what he said about you after you won a majority of the items in the raffle at the csea xmas party and then at the first club meeting. Enjoy your new club buddy!! You should be careful on how quick you are to defend someone not knowing all the facts. Mr Lang had a black list of people who werent even allowed to attend the meetings before the first one was set. Mr. Lang made it known he didnt want to get corals from Salty Critter which are free donations but rather BUY them from his buddies store only, whos best interest does this serve?HUMMMMM!!!
Old 04/22/2005, 01:07 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by unoit
Its terrible you couldnt have heard what he said about you after you won a majority of the items in the raffle at the csea xmas party and then at the first club meeting. Enjoy your new club buddy!! You should be careful on how quick you are to defend someone not knowing all the facts. Mr Lang had a black list of people who werent even allowed to attend the meetings before the first one was set. Mr. Lang made it known he didnt want to get corals from Salty Critter which are free donations but rather BUY them from his buddies store only, whos best interest does this serve?HUMMMMM!!!
I'm glad I don't hear everyone's inner comments when I hit a lucky streak. I heard enough. We should remember. It's not winning the prizes, but supporting a club's activities by buying the raffle tickets or winning a silent auction that's important. I may win more than some but it's because on the average I buy a lot more tickets at a lot more clubs. At times I buy over $100 of tickets and don't win one prize. Then I get to make the inner comments. Besides, I'd rather trade in what luck I've had winning raffle prizes, and the silent auction, for one $205 million winning lottery ticket.

It's time for you to support the idea of a club and abandon the cattiness. Connections that people might have with who they know are not permanent features of a club. Such things, or their perceptions, change like the wind, but a club keeps going on. It's in the long term self interest of pet shops and their employees to support the clubs evenhandedly.

Keep talking if you want. You're making my point better than I ever could.
Old 04/22/2005, 01:40 AM
midnight desperado

How are we making your point better?
This thread is about Terry Lang, and how he ripped off a fellow reefer.. your views on the club make no differance...
"If you don't test for it, DON'T ADD IT!!!!"
"Always strive for the optimum environment, not the minimum environment" -BrianD-
Old 04/22/2005, 08:11 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by NwG
How are we making your point better?
This thread is about Terry Lang, and how he ripped off a fellow reefer.. your views on the club make no differance...
Since it would appear Terry didn't rip anybody off, the thread CANNOT be about Terry ripping off someone. Even the buyer posted on this thread to tell us he was not ripped off.

The thread was steered to flame the Lorain area reef club and personally attack Terry because he was one of its organizers.

If this thread were about lighting combo's and being ripped off, there would be more discussion on the topic, about over driving bulbs as published and tested in articles about running bulbs at alternate voltages that have appeared in magazines like TFH, FAMA, and AFM. Someone might mention other sales that Terry might have made. It might have stuck to the facts.

Instead it is about character asassination, punishing Terry for his support of the club, and trying to keep people away from the club meetings, that is, if someone were to happen to find this thread buried here in selling feedback.

Now talk about ripoffs. My son bought a big pile of Craftsman tools on eBay. Once he got them, you could see that each tool had been carefully angled and partly hidden behind another in the auction photo to conceal where it was broken.

You are making my point for me, because the more you post, the more obvious the agenda becomes, which is to unfairly trash a fellow marine aquarist because, bottom line, for whatever reason some don't want a reef club here and he does.
Old 04/22/2005, 08:15 AM
Registered Member

Plain and simple Terry did this to himself. Thats all there is to it, his multiple names on this thread and on other boards caused the bad press for the club that he started. Before you comment its good to know all the facts and where to point the finger.