Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Saltwater Enthusiasts Association of Springfield

Old 01/09/2008, 11:43 PM
Registered Member

Any stuff for sale?

I'm getting back in the hobby Life has somewhat settled down after moving yet again and getting used to having a son and school and work and bills, etc etc.

So!

I'm looking for something small, maybe in the 20g long - 29 gallon range. Maybe someone has one of those cubes for sale? Whatever tank i get, i plan on doing an in-tank sump/overflow, so i may have to build a tank from scratch to get the dimensions i want.

Nonetheless, i figured it would be worth a shot to see if anythings for sale local
Old 01/09/2008, 11:50 PM
SEAS President

WOW, that was quick! Welcome back! There have been a few tanks for sale on here latley, keep your eyes out, you will come across something. I just sold the 55g I bought from you...

Jason
Old 01/10/2008, 12:30 AM
Registered Member

I think i found a 12g aquapod i may pick up if its still available. Wonder how well those work?
Old 01/10/2008, 08:00 AM
SEAS President

John Kelly still has his 75g for sale...

Jason
Old 01/10/2008, 09:29 AM
Registered Member

That would be great, but a little big for my apartment. definately looking for the nano range
Old 01/10/2008, 08:06 PM
Soup Nazi

I know that I was trying to push you in the 20g long direction earlier - and I STILL AM...
small, cheap, make a "coast-to-coast" over flow on it - do some custom plumbing so that you can incorporate a SCWD onto the return pump...

by the way GRATS on the kid... i made sure to put my daughter in front of the tank as soon as i could... i'm sure the first thing i saw her follow with her eyes was a bright yellow banana wrasse in my 55g...

glad to see you back, friend!
Old 01/10/2008, 09:40 PM
Registered Member

OK, i broke down and bought a 29g biocube.

I got it at petland and it was 25% off, which smashed the internet prices completely.

its 279 online, i got it for 185 so i'm happy. also got some live sand, salt, the stand for it, and a koralia 3..... all 25% off!

i got a steal and i cant wait to set it up!
Old 01/10/2008, 11:57 PM
Registered Member

I didn't know you were into reefing Shaar. How come I never saw the tanks when I was over at your place all those years ago?

<