Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Bay Area - Reefers (BAR)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06/02/2007, 09:59 AM
Resident physicist.

OT: Tile and Marble stores?

I'm going to be redoing my bathroom shortly, and would like a few more choices other than Lowes/HomeDepot as far as tile/stone is concerned, while they do definitely have some nice choices I would like to have even more options if possible. I seem to recall seeing a place that dealt with it in the South bay once but I can't recall the name of it for my life.

I would prefer to have it near San Francisco, however I don't mind driving to any place in the bay as long as it's worth the drive.
Old 06/02/2007, 10:30 AM
Registered Member

I think there is a pretty good one on Bay Shore close to the Cow Palace exit. Heard they have great selection and great prices. There is one in Oakland called Superior that have OK seletion but the prices are pretty good. They have cabinets and granite top that are cheap too. Maybe you could head out there after the meeting next week.
Old 06/02/2007, 10:34 AM
Registered Member

I would try Best Tiles
625 Bayshore Blvd.
San Francisco, CA 94124
Tel: (415) 467-8563
I think it on the old Goodman location. The price and selection is pretty good. There are also others in near this location.

HTH
Old 06/02/2007, 10:43 AM
Resident physicist.

Oh that's next to goodman's old location across the street if I recall, yeah I seem to recall that place, I'll swing by there as well, thought they just did granite for counters and the like though.
Old 06/02/2007, 11:12 AM
Registered Member

There is another one called unitile about 2 minutes from best tile you should check out. They relocated recently so call them for their new location ( donot base in the address in telephone book ) in same area though

Lester
Old 06/02/2007, 12:07 PM
Premium Member

Mike,

there is a plethora of tile dealers not too far from my house down here in San Jose off Brokaw. We ended up finding a tile that Dana and I both liked at a store off Montegue.

tyler
Old 06/02/2007, 12:23 PM
Premium Member

there are a bunch of Asian places on bayshore. they do cash prices too. their quality is ok not the best tho. the one next to the tire shop has a good selection. then theres one down the street on the corner. they are the cheapest. I used Fox Marble. they are the best but super expensive. I suppose it all depends on what your looking for.
Old 06/02/2007, 01:31 PM
Semi Reefing Vet

yes Bayshore has a bunch...

" Charles V "
Old 06/03/2007, 07:14 PM
Moved On

Best selection, but not necessarily the best price, in San Francisco is Floorcraft, across the street from old Goodman. Good pricing and good selection is Best Tile and someone gave the address above. Best Tile is about 3 blocks south of the old Goodman.
Old 06/03/2007, 08:53 PM
Registered Member

a bunch of tile/granite/cabinet places in san leandro off the marina blvd exit with pretty good prices and selection if you are around next saturday for the bar meeting that you may want to check out.. (opposite the outlet clothing area, more towards the industrial san leandro, cheaper rents = cheaper prices generally.. )
Old 06/04/2007, 01:15 AM
Registered Member

most of the tiles/granite places locate on the east bay, i think b/c of lower rental and close to the port. Sincere Hardware is a good place to visit. http://www.sincerehardware.com

There are a few good place around 92 and 880. Jerong is one, and I could n't recall other places. they are around Jerong.

http://www.jerongmarble.com/contactus.asp

If you're willing to go down south, you have to pay terico a visit. awesome price, but they only sell what is in stock
http://www.terico.biz/

http://www.allnaturalstone.com/ will another place, very pricey, but they carry everything that you need. great place to start out for information and find out the differences between stones.

i guess you will need to look for tubs too, try tubz in Fremont. I can't believe that they can have that many tubs in the showroom. their service is the best. second to none, imo.