Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Used Equipment & Drygoods Selling
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04/17/2006, 01:53 PM
LIRA Member

Maristar 250W DE Hood- for sale

I am stepping out of the hobby for a while and I currently have a 48 inch Black Maristar fixture for sale. The fixture is in excellent condition and comes with 2 BLV HQI lamps(3mos) and 2 Antic 03 T5s (6 mos). I also have a set of Phoenix 14ks that I will throw in that are also 3mos old. The fixture comes a with a bluewave 7 dual MH HQI ballast. The T5 ballast is built in.

I achieved some really awesome colors after switching to this fixture due to the ROIII reflectors and the only reason I am selling is because my next setup will be larger and require a larger lighting system.

I am asking 650.00 for local pickup in the Brooklyn/Queens/Long Island Area. I paid around 1050.00 brand new. Please PM me if interested.

Here is the last picture that I took under this fixture witht he BLVs running to give you an idea.

Another shot a few months before where you can get a glimpse of the hood and the difference in coral color from the first shot.

Go ahead... Put the price on the bag. I don't have that problem any longer :)
Old 04/18/2006, 07:10 AM
Registered Member

are those the 10K BLVs?
Old 04/19/2006, 10:04 AM
LIRA Member

yep

Old 04/23/2006, 01:41 PM
Premium Member

I am interested on the Phoenix bulbs I am 20 minutes south of Staten Island (Middletown, NJ) so I can pick up

Chris
Old 04/26/2006, 02:45 PM
LIRA Member

Sorry Chris....

The Phoenix blbs were part of the sale and everything went yesterday. Actually, I mistankenly packed the the phoenx bulbs and have them in storage. I actually have to get them out to our fellow reefer who purchased the fixture as soon as my stuff comes out of storage.

Tazmanian _Cowboy, if you happen to see this post...... It was a pleasure meeting you and best wishes to you and your reef with your new fixture.

Old 04/26/2006, 07:58 PM
Premium Member

Jonathan,
It was a pleasure meeting you also. I WISH I had more time to talk. I had a good time and also learned a lot from you. Thanks for the knowledge and the great deal. I set the lt up last night and you are right, I love the colors...Can't wait to see what colors it brings out of my corals! Please keep in touch, and I'll do the same.

Guys, If you ever get a chance to meet or deal with jbanks (Jonathan) do so, he is a great guy.

Thanks again Jonathan

Taz
Old 04/27/2006, 06:59 PM
LIRA Member

Taz,

You are welcome and thanks for the kind sentiments. I wish we had more time to talk too This hobby is so awesome and I can not wait until I can get back to it. I will certainly keep in touch. Take care my friend...

Jonathan

Old 05/12/2006, 10:03 AM
LIRA Member

Hey Taz,

Are your colors starting to pop out bit more yet since running the Maristar?

Old 05/12/2006, 10:05 AM
Registered Member

will you be selling that 851?

It's difficult to get a man to understand something that his salary requires him not to.
Old 05/15/2006, 08:52 AM
LIRA Member

Matt,

That's a tough one.... Even with no water running through it, I still look at it with amazement and love When I get my next tank, depending on if I go much larger, I will have to sell my 851. I will keep you in mind.....

Old 05/15/2006, 09:09 PM
Premium Member

Hey Jonathan, Things are looking good. I had a bumpy start though. It seems that after all of the precautions that I was taking to acclimate up to the more intense light, My timer stuck over the weekend with the halides on. This happened that weekend after I picked up from you. I was away all weekend, and do not know how long exactly the halides were on. but I realized what had happened after I saw most of my corals burned at the top sides and the tank spiked to 89 degrees.

So after the bumpy start and after my wife got over being ****ed at me for buying the hood( she was snickering when I said my coral burned) All of the burnt spots are coming back and regaining color. As for the other stuff, Its looking great. Love it

Thanks again
Taz
Old 05/22/2006, 06:26 PM
LIRA Member

Hey Taz,

Sorry to hear that.... However, I am glad to hear that things are looking up and that the corals are healing and doing nicely. I haven't forgotten about those phoenix bulbs... I have been searching really hard for a new house so that I can get my stuff out of storage. As soon I get everything out, you will have a package coming your way

Take care buddy,

Jonathan