Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Northeast Florida Marine Aquarium Society (NFMAS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04/29/2006, 01:48 PM
Registered Member

Tank 4 sale Jacksonville Fl

I am looking in to selling my 125 gallon RR tank. I would love to try to sell the tank all together currently it is stocked with the following items:

Yellow Tang
Mandarin Dragonet
Maroon Clownfish + Anemone
Percula Clown

Green Brittle Star
Black Urchin
Cleaner Shrimp

Galaxea
Xenia Colony
Mushroom Blue
Zoo Green
Torch
Green Star Polyp
Hammer
Zoo Green/Blue
Green Mushroom Cups

250+ lbs of live rock and
50 lbs of live sand
100 lbs of sand

Lighting is power compacts 96 watts
Skimmer
External pump

I would love to sell the tank. looking for 2750.00.

Please feel free on contacting me and i will try to provide details.
Old 04/30/2006, 02:53 PM
Registered Member

Sorry to see you go It is a very nice tank setup though!! Are you getting out totally or are you getting something different?
Carrie
Old 04/30/2006, 07:06 PM
Registered Member

I am getting out of the hobbie for a little bit. I am currently looking to rent out my house and move in with my gf. I know its crazy and stuff. Once i get thing moved and things get back in order I will end up getting a smaller tank like a 50 gallon tank or so. I am surprised nobody has hit me up on it yet.
Old 05/03/2006, 09:09 AM
Registered Member

Is it sold? If not, it is probably due to the price, with your equipment. You need much better lighting for that size tank, unless it is Fish only with live rock. Whover buys, will need to put , hmm about another 3-500 to make it a good reef tank. My freind just bought a 125, tank stand canopy and 300 lbs live rock , aqua c skimmer, ca reator for $700.
Old 05/04/2006, 07:31 PM
Registered Member

Yeah, I've seen tanks fully stocked with nice SPS and halides go cheaper.

What I do when I am selling anything I browse the equipment/livestock "for sale" boards and price close to what seems to be the going price. It's unfortunate that hardly anyone will ever be able to sell their tank and get back what they paid for everything.

I'm not going to tell you what you should charge, but it might be easier to sell it at a different price.

I'm downgrading at the moment otherwise I'd be interested in the tank itself. Good luck with the sale, if it isn't sold already!