Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/19/2005, 09:15 AM
Registered Member

count me in....
Old 01/19/2005, 11:08 AM
R I P we miss you...

Hi James, I will be upgrading to a 125 soon. I'm not sure it will be up and running when you send the sand back. Is there any way I can keep it seperate form my 55 sand in the meantime? Could I leave it in a bag in the water or something?
Thanks!
Micki...

Western Ohio Reef Club

Click the red house for my 125 progress!
Old 01/19/2005, 11:09 AM
Registered Member

i've only been a member for about a month, unfortunately i could really use some of the sand for my newly started tank.

can i get any leftovers?

Z
Old 01/19/2005, 11:43 AM
Monkey

Micki - if you want, I can hold it longer for you until your system is running. Just make a BIG note on your return label to hold off on sending back.

Mzeinstr - leftovers will be available.

FYI - for all involved, the ship dates can be January 31st, February 7th and February 14th. - all of which are Mondays.

This should keep the flow of packages a little more manageable and make sure everyone has an opportunity to participate.

The sand will be kept until mid March. The anticipated ship date on the return will be March 7th or 14th (depending on my other obligations)
Old 01/19/2005, 12:31 PM
R I P we miss you...

Great! I will make a BIG note to you! Thanks so much!!!
Micki...

Western Ohio Reef Club

Old 01/19/2005, 12:50 PM
Nano Queen

I want to be in it too....!!!! Please count me in!

Mary.
Old 01/19/2005, 01:13 PM
Nano Queen

Can I send you the postage label for $ 3.85 instead of sending you a check? I own a shipping business so it is actually easier for me to send you the label that you can use for shipping the sand back.

Please do let me know. Thank you.

Mary.
Old 01/19/2005, 01:17 PM
Registered Member

from mzeinstr- you will contact us??

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!
Old 01/19/2005, 01:26 PM
Monkey

Quote:
Originally posted by filishy
Can I send you the postage label for $ 3.85 instead of sending you a check? I own a shipping business so it is actually easier for me to send you the label that you can use for shipping the sand back.

Please do let me know. Thank you.

Mary.
No - sorry. Check or cash only. The few people that sent the postage label or a prepaid envelope last time happened to be the same people that had leakage issues. I lost about 6 or 7 $3.85 stamps on that one...
Old 01/19/2005, 02:18 PM
Premium Member

I got a 10g nano right now. I could do 1 cup of sand and get one cup back or just buy 2 cups? Please let me know in PM. Tank been setup over a year now and bought 3 kits when I set it up so it is full of life! Thanks
Steve
Old 01/19/2005, 03:40 PM
Registered Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jamesurq

FYI - for all involved, the ship dates can be January 31st, February 7th and February 14th. - all of which are Mondays.

This should keep the flow of packages a little more manageable and make sure everyone has an opportunity to participate.

-
Do you want us to put it in the mail on that date, or prior so that it arrives to you on that date?

Thanks,
Sonny
"So is this great and wide sea, wherein are things creeping innumerable, both small and great beasts." - Psalm 104:25 KJV
Old 01/19/2005, 03:42 PM
Registered Member

He wants you to mail it on those dates (all Mondays) so that it will ship to him and get there during the week, and not sit at the Post Office for a weekend.
Old 01/19/2005, 03:52 PM
Nano Queen

Okay... so check it is.
Old 01/19/2005, 05:18 PM
Registered my member

Count me in.
Old 01/20/2005, 01:16 PM
Registered Member

Hi Jamesurq, The idea and what you doing to awesome. Too bad I am just setting up my first saltwater tank and don't have any to share with everyone. But I would love to grab a piece of the left over if there are any left after the trading..
Old 01/20/2005, 02:48 PM
Registered Member

Man, I bet the postman is gonna hate you... hehe
Old 01/20/2005, 03:38 PM
Registered Member

What a great idea, and thank you. I would love to get involved with this sand trade.

I haven't read the entire thread, so please pardon me if this has already been addressed. I live in northeast Ohio where it is cold in the winter. One hour in my mailbox and it would be frozen solid.
I love lamp

No kidding BullDZR.
I can't wait to hear how much is actually collected.
Registered Member

What a great idea, and thank you. I would love to get involved with this sand trade.

I haven't read the entire thread, so please pardon me if this has already been addressed. I live in northeast Ohio where it is cold in the winter. One hour in my mailbox and it would be frozen solid.
Old 01/20/2005, 03:44 PM
Dino - Victim of Women

Thats pretty cool, double post but someone as able to get in between them. Bet you can't do that again...

I'm also worried about the cold, just hope it is warm when it's shipped back!

"And who could have ever guess that Dino is apparently the smartest man on the planet?" - jgoodrich71
Old 01/20/2005, 03:56 PM
R I P we miss you...

It sounds like it won't be shipped back until March sometime. I live in Ohio too and I know the weather can still be cold. I would guess if we know when it will be sent back and can see the weather, Maybe he wouldn't mind holding it.

Western Ohio Reef Club

Old 01/20/2005, 04:18 PM
Monkey

Sandbed life doesn't mind so much. But you should do all that you can to avoid the prolonged exposure. Hell, if you could add some fiberglass insullation in the envelope, or a heatpack, or make sure to bring it to the post office just in time for the last pickup (instead of leaving it outside in your mailbox) , any one of these would help.

I'll do my best on the other end to keep it warm. I'll look out for the mail, and bring it in immediately, and on the way out, I'll ship at the last minute from the post office directly.

All will be fine.
Old 01/20/2005, 04:56 PM
Registered Member

I think it's great that he's doing this, and since most people are sending $4 cash to cover the cost of return shipping, maybe everyone should consider sending a $5 bill. A dollar per person isn't a lot, but an easy way to say thanks and help contribute for all his work. Not many people would go out of their way like he has.
Old 01/20/2005, 05:11 PM
Monkey

You're too kind Kewliz. I appreciate it - but it's not necessary.
Old 01/20/2005, 05:12 PM
A ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!

I ship chaeto ulva and live sand all the time and have had it to be in transit for 8days and be fine all critters alive so its gonna be fine .