Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Arizona - Fish & Reef Aquarium Group (FRAG)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/07/2008, 12:01 AM
THE 1 loss B(C)S winner!

Skimmer & Chiller for sale

I just took down my 55 and have a JBJ Arctica 1/4HP chiller - and a Tunze 9010 skimmer for sale. I got the skimmer from this thread this past week. It is in PERFECT shape, it looks practically unused. I can take pix if you want - but it really does look practically new. I ran the same skimmer last year and here are some shots

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...highlight=9010

$225 for the skimmer. Amazing little unit.

The chiller I also got from bnlimit - he had only been using it for a few months and bought it new. I used it for about 2 months on my 210 before I went to the Geotronic. Then I put it on the 55 for about a month. This chiller easily chilled my 210 with a lot of lighting. It also looks practically new and has probably six months use max on it.

Here is a link - JBJ's are one of the best chillers available - comparitively very silent. Built in controller with digital temp display.

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merch...egory_Code=JBJ

Would like to get $400 for this - I can get pix if you want, but it really does look brand new.

Thanks!

David

Closed minds should come with closed mouths.
Old 01/07/2008, 12:54 PM
THE 1 loss B(C)S winner!

Nobody local interested? Don't make me set up another tank! I'm surprised the 9010 hasn't sold - I loved it when I had it!

Old 01/07/2008, 12:58 PM
My Boys

Bump for fligers chiller. I am a jbj chiller owner. I love my JBJ . its a great chiller . anyone who buys it won't be disappointed.
It's Not The Beginning Or The End That Counts It's The Journey That Gets You There That Matters.Autism Is Just A Symptom.Over Coming It Is A Challenge.A Disability Is The Ability To Do Things Differently.
Old 01/08/2008, 12:51 AM
THE 1 loss B(C)S winner!

Thanks Ryan - I do love the JBJ and will just keep it as a backup if noone needs it. Both items still available - noone want to upgrade skimmers? Can your skimmer pull that junk with 20 watts?

Old 01/08/2008, 02:56 AM
Registered Member

whats the water volume that chiller is rated up to?
Old 01/09/2008, 01:39 PM
THE 1 loss B(C)S winner!

Skimmer pending sale!

Westy, here is a page with a lot more detail on the chiller. It easily handled my 210 depending on your overall system could probably handle a lot more. But I'm not sure of the exact rating, my WAG is you could probably run it up to ~300G, unless you have a LOT of lighting. My 210 had over 1,000W of lighting, several Eheims powering different things, Tunzes, etc.

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewIt...115~tab~1.html

Old 01/09/2008, 02:14 PM
Registered Member

ill pass as i dont think it will work for when i upgrade, 300 gallon display with atleast 100 gallon sump/fuge.

free bump.
Old 01/09/2008, 02:24 PM
Registered Member

both great deals, those tunze skimmers work awesome when setup correctly and since tunze is a sponsor here on rc they'll get you going in no time if you have any issues. they really stand behind their stuff. that is great deal on the chiller too, if i need one i would be all over it!
Old 01/09/2008, 02:31 PM
THE 1 loss B(C)S winner!

No prob Westy, I'd have a look at JBJ when you're ready though. Of the chillers I've seen/used I really like JBJ, Teco and Ocean Geotronic but I don't think they make it in your size. The Teco & Geotronic have built in heaters as well.

Old 01/09/2008, 02:45 PM
Registered Member

i'd stay away from teco right now, alot of users have been having issues with them and teco's support has been really bad. There were some complaints in the forums. JBJ chillers are a good solid choice.