Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Middle Tennessee Reef Club (MTRC)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12/09/2007, 11:33 PM
Registered Member

Disapointed with a LFS

When we moved to TN from CA i lost my Ro/Di unit so I had bought 4 - 5g water jugs and been paying to have them filled the last month at a LFS which I will keep their name under the hat until I verify the readings.

I bought a TDS meter and keep meaning to test the water I had been getting from the LFS but keep forgetting to do so.

Well my algae problem did not go away and tonight I remembered to test the water. I bought this water 2 days ago from the LFS close to me and was very upset with the readings.

I have verified so far with the meter a few reading but I want to get a sample of pure RO/DI to really make sure but the water from the store was 191 TDS !

SO here I am thinking I am getting premium water that I am paying 0.75 cents a gallon and it turns out the water is only 20tds less than what I am getting out of my un filtered tap.

A lesson for those buying water from a Local store for their tanks , TEST IT !!!!