Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > Soft Coral Keepers
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/09/2006, 09:58 PM
Registered Member

Weslophyia Brain Issue

Hey everyone,
I've got a welsophylia brain coral. Beautiful green brain. anyway he has detached COMPLETELY from his skeleton. now heres the strange part. He's still alive. He's been living indpendant of a skeleton for two weeks now. he is inside a net resting in the sand. if i remove the net, he is swept away, being that he is basically weightless.
my question is: has anyone ever heard of or experienced this? also can he secrete a new skeleton? also, what the hell is going on with him? why did he do this? he's not stressed, he fluffs up to his normal expanded size each day inside his little net and jiggles happily.
thanks.
-xian
Old 11/12/2006, 12:58 PM
Registered Member

WOW.....I have never even heard of that..All of their important parts are inside of the exo.....I would love too see some pics.....
Old 11/13/2006, 11:25 AM
Registered Member

that sux.. good luck
Old 11/13/2006, 11:45 AM
Registered Member

how do I put up photos?