Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/28/2007, 12:05 PM
Registered Member

YW Goby/Tiger Shrimp Symbiots

Hello All,

Yesterday I added a Yellow Watchman Goby and it's symbiotic Tiger Shrimp to my 120g. They were living together before they came to my house so I know they have accepted one another.

As of this morning they are not residing together. The Goby is holed up about a foot away from his shrimp and is pointing in the opposite direction, it may not even be aware of the shrimp's presence.

I am concerned that they may not find one another. I have no experience whatsoever with this pairing so I don't know what to expect. I realize I am being impatient and that their relationship probably won't fall apart, but I would like some confirmation of this if anyone can offer it.

What will they likely do and how long will it take?
Old 12/28/2007, 02:54 PM
Registered Member

That happened with my Hi Fin and Red Banded Pistol Shrimp. At first they were together and then they split up for a few days. They are back together and are as happy as can be!

see
Photobucket
Old 12/28/2007, 02:57 PM
Registered Member

a lot of times they have intricate tunnels under your substrate and crushed coral and are still living togeather,but the goby will be scoping out one side and the shrimp will be fixing or making a new addition or something like that on the other side...im sure they are still paired up
Old 12/29/2007, 01:44 PM
Registered Member

gregrocks79.... I love your pic! And thanks to both of you for the reassurance.

They are living together as of this morning, and there has been a great deal of digging going on for the past few hours