Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08/26/2006, 01:00 PM
pwdbyhrses pwdbyhrses is offline
Registered Member

Location: College Station, TX
PMike25...stay away

Horrible seller, I wouldn't do business with him. I sent him a MO for lights...a MONTH LATER still didn't have them...e-mailed him, he forgot...He shipped them out a few days later (after I had already been waiting and passed up deals on LR and sand) and gave me a tracking number that never worked. He called UPS and 'because it sounded like it was broken' UPS cancelled the shipment. Umm...ok?

Well he has his lights back, I still don't have my refund. I asked for one and on 8/3 he said as soon as he got the lights (which he confirmed he did get them on 8/7) he would send out a MO with my refund with delivery confirmation.

Think I ever got it? Nope. He had insurance on the lights too, but said they are not going to replace it for some odd reason...I guess because he didn't package them well enough I get the shaft? I'm pretty sure what he did was mail fraud, and am looking into it further. I havn't heard a word from him since the 3rd yet he can continue to post on here as of 8/25?

As a buyer I have no idea how he is (probably used my money to finance his large tank) , but he admitted this would be the second time he 'forgot' to ship something.
Old 09/03/2006, 05:53 PM
pmike25 pmike25 is offline
Registered Member.

Location: Florida
Listen HOW many times do I have to tell you I shipped it, Ill tell you again I SHIPPED IT. loud enough for ya!!! I sent this lady the reciepts from UPS, not my fault that UPS messed up and broke something and now IM suppost to pay for all of it, so its NOT mail fraud when I can prove I shipped it (still have the reciepts and plan on hanging on to em), so good try with that one, Yeah I forgot because my son broke his arm and crap (I even have pics posted in thread of mine) BUT no excuse on threating me with all the BS ya did. PLUS you were all ok with everything in your e mails which Im also hanging on to. So now im suppost to be with out the lights and money?????? DONT think so. for all I know you could have the lights and be laughting as your writing, ALOT of people know me on here and KNOW I DO NOT do things like that, so make your opinions all you want!!!
Maybe you should take this up with UPS NOT me, cause they have documents that it was shipped, so try and ruin my rep on here, will not work cause people know the real me, you have no clue who I am. I understand your upset, and I would be also, BUT doesnt mean you threating me. You start doing that to me I could care les what you say. Like I said time and again, it seems to me that UPS is responsible for this not me. If I can track it down and get it I would and give you your money back less half shipping. I honestly dont know where to go from here. The last time I heard anything about it, it was at the Terminal near you with broken aomething (my guess bulbs),Yes they said that they were suppost to ship it to the terminal that I sent it from, Never heard anything,,, once again thats my fault??? I think not, they wouldnt let me ship it if they heard that things were bouncing around in the box...

I will try ONE more time Tuesday cause tomm. is a holiday and call that 800 number that I even gave you and see whats going on, but thats it , ive called and called for you and this is the last time.

Thats the last time im shipping anything period cause I dont need to deal with this crapola...
Old 09/03/2006, 07:23 PM
daywn daywn is offline
Registered Member

Location: Okeechobee,Florida
i've delt with Mike and it doesn't sound like something he would do to someone.i wouldn't hesitate to deal with him again in the future.
__________________
Paul and Dawn
Old 09/03/2006, 08:03 PM
Don Lino Don Lino is offline
On The M0VE

Location: Lakeland, FL
I've also dealt with Mike on several occassions, he's a good guy and will definately deal with him again. I doubt that you can "Finance Large Tanks"...especially like Mike's--being that he made it from scratch...Wait a minute...Mike, did you finance your wood??
__________________
Andy Dufresne: "Get busy living, or get busy dying"
Old 09/03/2006, 10:52 PM
drives300 drives300 is offline
Hulkamaniac

Location: Bradenton, FL
Alright lets get down to the facts.
1. how were they packaged was he negligent in his packaging. Probably a critical fact pwd... will never know.

2. If he packages them appropriately i would think he would have a case against UPS insurance

3. I do not think a day or 2 of shipping something is a big deal.

Im not trying to take sides just trying to resolve the facts , I think the 2 of you need to come to some kind of mutual compromise
__________________
Water Param
79 degrees
nit 0
amm 0
phos 0 salifers
Calcium 450 salifer
alk 11 dkh

Ph 8-8.1
Old 09/04/2006, 09:44 PM
KH971 KH971 is offline
Premium Member

Location: Eatonton,GA.
UPS will be able to provide Mike with a signature showing delivery of the package, if he thinks pwdbyhrses has them.
Old 09/05/2006, 03:46 PM
pmike25 pmike25 is offline
Registered Member.

Location: Florida
OK heres the latest and what interesting news it is. The terminal by me had them this whole time, they said they called me and they said its usually a 800 that calls, I NEVER answere 800 numbers because the number they had is my buisness phone and I get alot of people trying to sell me things, so thats why I never got the call and when they leave messages it says only the last part of it which is "your ID code is and then they say the code. OK got the lights and ALL the bulbs are broken. Have no clue if the fixture even works, They put a lable over the origional shipping label so I cant even see if it was recieved, Now I really have no clue what to do. I packaged it in the origional box it came in with the bubble wrap, exaclty how you would get it if it was sent from the manufacturer.

So now I have a fixture with broken bulbs and an unhappy person, what the heck do I do now????, its not my fault that they got broken, but at the same time its not the buyers fault either. The buyer want ALL the money back including shipping and I dont feel thats fair for me. I have taking pics of the box and broken bulbs and everything so I can prove it to them and the UPS labels are still there, except that they put a new lable over the origional one to send it back to the termal, even still can prove it went out with that and the reciept

Can I have some opinions on this, what should be my next step??

Ohh and there was NO insurance on it but they claim they claimed there was, why they would say that I have no clue, they never paid for it. BUT UPS insures everything to a certain amount. But they said that I had to file a claim out. But claims take a few days, but the lady behind the counter said that they might deny it because of the packaging??? That makes NO sence when I put it in the origional packaging it came in.

ANy opinions, I have NO problem giving money back, but whats fair for the both of us??

Thanks
Old 09/05/2006, 04:11 PM
smiller smiller is offline
Garbologist

Location: Ajijic, Mexico
You have the box back in your hands returned by UPS. It is between you and UPS to work this out. The buyer does not now nor did he ever seem to have any control over the situation. He does not deserve to take a hit on this and should have his money returned to him in full, shipping included.

Please keep in mind that this is smiller the reefer speaking and me being a RC Moderator means nothing here. What gets worked out between you two is your business and is of no concern to Reef Central, but unless I am reading something wrong here I don't see how a person could see it any other way. You may end up getting messed over by UPS, but again, the buyer had zero control over that.
__________________
Steve

The Tribal Wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that:

"When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount."
Old 09/05/2006, 04:37 PM
smleee smleee is offline
Premium Member

Location: Boise, ID
It sounds like it was never delivered - if that is true I would say fair is returning the purchase price and half the shipping. Then you have to deal with UPS for the damages.

eee
Old 09/05/2006, 11:03 PM
MJAnderson MJAnderson is offline
Premium Member

Location: Cleveland, OH
I know you're not a store, but when Reekgeek sent me bulbs UPS broke every one. They refunded my money and got the refund from UPS. I think you should do the same.

I've had things broken before. Getting a refund isn't that bad.
Old 09/06/2006, 12:33 PM
raskal311 raskal311 is offline
Registered Member

Location: Huntington Beach
If I were the seller I would refund the entire amount and try to get what I can from USPS.
Old 09/06/2006, 12:45 PM
gtrestoration gtrestoration is offline
Rubberman

Location: Grand Terrace, CA
Full refund. You should get the shipping charge back from UPS and only a maybe on the bulbs. UPS insurance of $100 is automatic but I think that if the value is more you MUST pay the extra to get any coverage.

It's the sellers responsibility to at least offer insurance on a package unless it's included in the selling/shipping price (IMO). If you didn't offer insurance to me I'd assume you had it covered.

SteveU
__________________
AKA, Riff
Old 09/06/2006, 01:00 PM
jerryc jerryc is offline
Registered Member

Location: Arkansas
The seller is responsible until a item is delivered full refund
for cost and shipping....
__________________
HELP I'M ADDICTED TO MICROMUSSA

You can find me with the little red house
Old 09/06/2006, 01:01 PM
Reefer421 Reefer421 is offline
Registered Member

Location: Spring Hill
First I want to say that Mike is not that kind of person, and actually is one of the nicest and most helpful people I have met on RC. I think bashing him is WRONG. Things happen and some times resolving them is not quick. I understand PWD is upset, but Mike is not in any better of a situation.

I bought some lights off e-bay and during shipping one was broken. I had to contact UPS and file the claim and I had to hold the original packaging incase UPS wanted to see it. They paid the seller the value of the lights and he sent me another set. You should be able to file a claim with them and get it taken care of. If you packaged it properly then UPS is responsible.

Crappy situation, Mike. I hope everything works out for both of you!
Old 09/06/2006, 01:08 PM
smiller smiller is offline
Garbologist

Location: Ajijic, Mexico
I don't see any bashing going on. When/if that starts this thread will be closed and they can work it out among themselves. For now all is peaceful
__________________

Old 09/06/2006, 03:36 PM
Elite Elite is offline
Registered Member

Location: San Jose, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by pmike25
Can I have some opinions on this, what should be my next step??

Thanks
Reefer421, read that... He asked for opinions.. So people just telling him what's the right thing to do ..
Old 09/06/2006, 04:26 PM
pmike25 pmike25 is offline
Registered Member.

Location: Florida
Welp I got the claim going and Im not going to bother waiting for it, I have much BIGGER problems going on, I just found out today my son might have Mono, plus the state cancled his insurance for some reason, weve been running all over the place doing blood work and all that. Beign on the phone with the Health care provider. So Im just going to suck it up and send a full refund. I am going to FULLY persue UPS for their mistake. Ill just take the loss and hope that UPS will refund me the money for shipping and for the bulbs.

Thanks everyone who knows me for putting your .2 cents in.
Old 09/06/2006, 04:31 PM
smiller smiller is offline
Garbologist

Location: Ajijic, Mexico
You did the right thing by asking what others thought of the situation. I know a few folks that could learn from this thread.

Best of luck with everything. Let us know what UPS does.
__________________

Old 09/06/2006, 04:39 PM
pmike25 pmike25 is offline
Registered Member.

Location: Florida
Thanks smiller and everyone else, what got to me is the threating part, I dont take that kind of thing lightly AT ALL. That just didnt make me want to solve it to fast, But I should have anyways! Im done with shipping things!! I dont need this again, its a pain in the bootay escpecially with all this going on with my son
Old 09/06/2006, 04:42 PM
jerryc jerryc is offline
Registered Member

Location: Arkansas
You are defiantly doing the right thing.

Lets just hope UPS does

Good luck with them hope you get your $$$
__________________

Old 09/07/2006, 08:33 AM
pwdbyhrses pwdbyhrses is offline
Registered Member

Location: College Station, TX
Just got a notification that someone posted in this...guess the firewalls at work aren't being very nice...

Well,

Not keeping me in the loop really didn't help things. Waiting a month to send out the lights because you forgot, saying you'd send a refund and havn't etc. etc. didn't help things either. What would you LIKE me to think?

You said you called UPS for the claim, but never told me a thing about it other than you'd get me a MO out to me ASAP for the price of the lights. Well, it's been yet ANOTHER month of me waiting. You said you'd just suck it up in the first place and send me a refund. Yet another month later, I have nothing. Hell at this point broken lights would have done me better than anything else, as at least I'd have SOMETHING to show for it.
Old 09/17/2006, 06:26 PM
pwdbyhrses pwdbyhrses is offline
Registered Member

Location: College Station, TX
Smiller re-opened this discussion after I defended my point in saying this is a feedback forum, and that I'm giving feedback on a transaction I had with a member. Good or bad, I'm keeping this civil and letting everyone know the status of it.

Here's an e-mail I received from PMike on 8/8/2006. Today is 9/17/2006.

"From: "Mike"
To: Stephanie Garcia
Date: Tuesday - August 8, 2006 8:44 PM
Subject: RE: Reef Central Question
Mime.822 (2061 bytes) [View] [Save As]

OK received lights today, payment will go out tomorrow, the reason that all
this happened is because the packaging that the lights were in, they only
insured it for loss, and they broke both bulbs and when they heard the
glass they stopped the shipment. But for some reason they denied the claim,
so now I have to take it up with ups or just eat it. So now who lost in
this!!! "

I don't have a refund as of today. Nor do I have any e-mail from PMike in response to any that I've sent. I never received an e-mail with a tracking number on it, either.

I'll update again on Friday. I don't get notifications of posts in here, so in reponse to this, if it's really important, I can be reached at stephaniegarcia at tamu dot edu
Old 09/17/2006, 07:36 PM
pmike25 pmike25 is offline
Registered Member.

Location: Florida
Now thats messed up I just sent that e mail to you, why would you do that?. 1st ya threating me with nonsence than you make a e mail I just sent ya dated to back than. Im sending your payment out Wednesday why would you want to try this.....Doesnt make sence, ive been nothing but nice and patience just like you have been. I told you also that I prob am getting the claim. welp by friday when ya get on here you should have it than......thats all Im saying anymore to you......
Old 09/20/2006, 11:22 AM
pwdbyhrses pwdbyhrses is offline
Registered Member

Location: College Station, TX
Messed up? On the EIGHTH of AUGUST you said it would be sent out claim or not. It's been lets see...a month and 12 days.

I didn't make it dated back then. That's what it is really dated. Because I'm not going to let you make me look dishonest and say I 'put that date in there,' here's a print screen of my e-mail box. You can't change the dates in there on mail. They just show up based on the actual date it was sent.

Old 09/20/2006, 02:40 PM
pmike25 pmike25 is offline
Registered Member.

Location: Florida
Once again nice try, all of us computer people knows that you can Microsoft things (anything) to say WHATEVER you want. Amother nice try...Here is the reciepts, like the others I sent ya of the actually shipping reciepts, did you mention that on here that I did that NO, wounder why you didnt?????? Anyways Im done dealing with this person and NOT going to answere this nonsence again. I attached the reciepts as well as the M/O reciept to PROVE once again I did the right thing, BUT will it be good enough, I highly dought it, BUT IM NOT KIDDING I am NOT answering from you again. ITS DONE in my book.