Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 10/05/2005, 11:27 PM
Premium Member

Please Becareful W/ Atlanticreef(tony) He Is A Theif

PLEASE BECAREFUL W/ ATLANTICREEF(TONY) HE IS A THEIF
I want people to becareful with Tony(AtlanticReef) he is a theif. On thursday of last week he went to my house to trade some coral with me. I had a Mario(Mchava) over in the afthernoon looking at some corals to buy. We where talking about the PM that I had becuase he had gothen a piece from Loc a few days ago. Well later on that night, Tony came to my house wanting to trade some Acans for my watermelon coral. I went ahead and treaded with him. Well as soon as Tony got there Mario said he was leaving and I walked him out to the front door and said goodnight. So I then went ahead and started to trade with tony. He had brought a coral colony that he wanted me to frag. I told him that was cool and I took the colony to the garage where I had my fragtank set up. It took me about 20min to frag the coral in which time Tony was by him self looking at my tank in the living room where my two boy's where watching TV. One of my boy's told me they saw tony get my step stool and had his hands in the tank in the same spot where my Purple Monster was at but they did not tell me right then.at the time tony went with me to the garage and i saw his short pockets were wet but at the moment i diddnt think he would do that cause i trusted him . So the next morning when I was looking at my tank I noticed that the Purple Monstor was Gone . The only two peole that where over the night before was Mario (mchava) who was with me all the time he was there, and Tony(AtlanticReef) who was alone for 20 minutes when I was fraging the coral. At first I thought that may be the coral had fallen over but I took half of my tank down including the Large Rocks but did not find a single coral. I waited a few day to see if Tony would say something. saturday i went to his house and he refused to open the door i knew he was there because i saw his 2 cars in the front driveway and i knocked on the door and his 2 kids went to see who it was but nobody opened the door. Well today I went to Tonys house and i waiting for about 30 minutes to see what time he would be home so finally he came home and i knocked on the door and he would not let me in his house. he opend the door from the garage and i asked if i can see his tank and he told me oh nonono i cant right now its dinner time and i told him come on tony i only need one minute and he seemed really nervouse and he clossed the gargae and ran in his house i was looking at him from the door window and he was walking in back and fourth scraching his head asking me to get out and said tommorw come ! and didnt open the door so that I can't see if the coral was there. He said he would call the cops if I did not leave. So I left realy ticked of. He then called me and that is when I told him that he had stollen my Purple monster. He denyed everything but my son saw him taking something from the tank. This is not the first time Tony has stolen from fellow reefers. If you all remmember Tongs did not have locks in the big dispay tanks before but after some of their Acans wen't missing they installed them. Tony was the one who stoled the corals cause i really knew that colony.and afetr it got stolen i went to tony"s (atlanticreef)and saw that colony there in his tank and i asked isnt that the one tong had in the display tank and he got really nervouse but denyed it . I also know that he cheated Ben from Coral Oiasis on some equipment a while back by trading him a fake Rollex . I am what to make sure the people know not to trust this person he will do what ever he can to get what he wants. As for my PM i will never see it again but I will also never let Tony come to my house and I hope no one else gets something stolen from him.
and something i am sure about next time i see tony i will deck him in the face it doesnt matter if he is supposedly "black belt" lol hahahaha so becarfull guys.

Thanks for reading.
Hugo (snipersps)
Old 10/05/2005, 11:52 PM
Moved On

Please see my thread in the Trade Forum Feedback. This guy Tony (AtlanticReef) is a theft. I have figure out a way to get back at him. Hugo, go ahead and email me at dieselab@hotmail.com if you want to know how I am going to do this. Don't worry, it is nothing illegal.
Old 10/05/2005, 11:54 PM
Registered Member

Take whatever actions you guys need to take but just dont stoop as low as him. Sorry to hear about your takings with him. Thats not cool at all.
Old 10/05/2005, 11:56 PM
Premium Member

dieselab
i will email you later definitly i want to get back at him
Old 10/05/2005, 11:58 PM
Moved On

really, it is not about the coral, but the principal of it all. worse of all, he has a family with kids.
Old 10/06/2005, 12:16 AM
Premium Member

i just wanted to let you all know how tony really is
Old 10/06/2005, 12:26 AM
experto de escollo

that's cold!!!
Old 10/06/2005, 12:54 AM
Hobby Addict

Thats pretty bad when you have to steal, just to get what you want. Nothing in this hobby is worth stealing, if you can't afford this hobby then "Get Out"!
Old 10/06/2005, 12:56 AM
Premium Member

lol that is true that should go right to tony
Old 10/06/2005, 12:58 AM
Moved On

btw- how old is Tony?
maybe I should sent a friend to his home since I already have his address when I sent him some stuff for a trade and got back some dead corals. j/k.
Old 10/06/2005, 01:01 AM
Premium Member

tony made some trades with sand dollar and we was aruguning with him about the corals cause when tony sent the corals he put 2 heat packs large in the box and of course the frags got to sanddollar dead tony doesnt have any expirence to ship corals
Old 10/06/2005, 01:07 AM
Registered Member

man that sucks. i know ive bought a few frags from him in the past (cant remember what) but i dont think i had any problems. sounds really shady and sorry to hear about the pm. id me furious too.
Old 10/06/2005, 01:10 AM
Premium Member

xdusty6920 yes man that does suck i think me and you have alredy traded fags before?
Old 10/06/2005, 07:07 AM
Minion

[moved]

..an additional 2 foot extension.. That thing hurt many people..

"Hold your children close."
Jim Hobbs
Old 10/06/2005, 08:34 AM
Registered Member

CALL THE COPS AND LET THEM DEAL WITH HIM.I'm sure that you have pics of your tank with this coral in the pics.
Old 10/06/2005, 09:29 AM