Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/28/2006, 09:37 PM
Grouch Potato

kbxiong67 is a rip-off. beware.

User Id kbxiong67 is a rip-off.

Sent money months ago for a calcium reactor and he never shipped.

Pm's/Emails go unreplied, and paypal is unable to recover funds. (another joke. paypal provides no guarantee)

Anyway, heads up.
Old 12/28/2006, 09:41 PM
Registered Member

Wow I bet this will not even last 2 minute before they pull this. I tried to look up this person but could not come up with anything..
Old 12/28/2006, 09:52 PM
Premium Member

15 minutes and counting.

Old 12/28/2006, 09:57 PM
Registered Member

I can admit when i am wrong. lol
Old 12/28/2006, 10:19 PM
Premium Member

49 minutes and counting
Old 12/28/2006, 10:20 PM
Registered Member

bump
Old 12/28/2006, 10:32 PM
Registered Member

1 hr and it lives.....
Old 12/28/2006, 10:46 PM
Registered Member

kbxiong67

kbxiong67 (user info)

posts by kbxiong67
Old 12/28/2006, 11:13 PM
Registered Member

Go to his homepage and then his myspace..
Keep going till you get his Phone number and address

Then call him
Old 12/29/2006, 12:05 AM
Ancient Eskimo Legend

[moved]

"The wind blew, the detritus flew and then they came two by two."
Old 12/29/2006, 11:28 AM
Registered Member

Sorry to hear about your problem. I too was ripped off by a reefer on this board and voiced my thoughts about the matter.
The mods hands seem to be tied with these kind of matters but maybe if enough complaints come forward they (the mods) will iniated a policy that will stop the reefers from selling anything else on here until they hear that the problem has been resolved between the disputing parties.

just my 2 cents

Again sorry for your lose too. Good luck out here, its a cruel world.
Old 12/31/2006, 07:08 AM
Garbologist

Quote:
Originally posted by reef-newbie-11305

The mods hands seem to be tied with these kind of matters
It's not that we are tied, but more that we don't have the time or desire to be a mini eBay. The selling forums are a convenience for members, no more. They are actually kind of a hassle from our point of view. I would suspect that they might be dropped before we reached the point of trying to decide who really got ripped off and who didn't. That just isn't what RC is here for or about.

That said, if someone scams you and you see them trying to sell again then feel free to let me know. That's the best I can offer you. Also, I would be leery of buying from someone with 50 posts. Not that most can't be trusted, but they bumped their post count to 50 just to be able to sell, for one reason or another.

The Tribal Wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that:

"When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount."
Old 12/31/2006, 08:26 AM
Registered Member

Paypal has an area that you can file a complaint. If the seller doesn't respond in 15 days paypal will automaticly give you your money back. If they do respond they have to provide proof that they sent it. I was lucky enough to get my money back on a bummer ebay purchase once. Along with paypal i almost always use the CC when paying via paypal. You then have two options for getting your money back. File a complaint with your CC company and you can likely get your money back. Good luck in the future - one bad seller ruins it for many.
Old 12/31/2006, 12:25 PM
Registered Member

Papal is great in some ways, but in this case , Paypal wasn't used. I lost out in Paypal, as Paypal charged a $25 fee to recover my money on a $25.50 Ebay Auction, so they are not always great. Some people close the account fast enough and leave no money in the Paypal account and are home free.
Old 01/01/2007, 12:05 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by smiller
It's not that we are tied, but more that we don't have the time or desire to be a mini eBay. The selling forums are a convenience for members, no more. They are actually kind of a hassle from our point of view. I would suspect that they might be dropped before we reached the point of trying to decide who really got ripped off and who didn't. That just isn't what RC is here for or about.

That said, if someone scams you and you see them trying to sell again then feel free to let me know. That's the best I can offer you. Also, I would be leery of buying from someone with 50 posts. Not that most can't be trusted, but they bumped their post count to 50 just to be able to sell, for one reason or another.
If you are referring to me and my 50 posts, I'm not the one selling anything (so being leary of me is not the issue), I'm the one who bought the item. As far as the 50 post being bumped a mod helped me with that in order for me to be able to post my complaint in your feedback area. (rules: must have a min. of 50 post to post in that area). I didn't make the rules for that , you guys did. So you have a post limitation rule for that but no rule for "what if a buyer gets ripped off" (makes good sense to me.. not). As far as the buy / sell forum being a hassle for you all, I'm sorry to hear that as I look at it as a good service to offer its members.
[profanity]
I know that I'm on my own in this matter, just was trying to inform others so that they would beware of this guy. (and you guys say, handle this privately and quietly (what a joke)
Please beware of the guy who sold to me, because he sold to me & someone else and who knows who else. And I am sorry for anyone else who has been ripped off and got no justice (just my 2 cents)
Old 01/01/2007, 12:14 PM
Garbologist

Jeessh....chill out, my friend. You could have saved a lot of energy by looking at this:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/me...o&userid=72081

Now I'll calmly go back and remove the profanity from your last post. And I suggest that you not turn my statement into what you think I might have meant. Yes, the selling forums are a pain to moderate. But we do it knowing that it is a service to the members. Again, we aren't eBay.

The Tribal Wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that:

"When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount."
Old 01/01/2007, 01:13 PM
Registered Member

Well, it appears that I owe you an apology. I thought you were referring to me and my posts, so I got upset. For a better statement i don't enjoy being ripped off like that so i'm just a little edgey. Sorry, and thanks for straightening me out.
Old 01/07/2007, 02:46 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve_Aquarius
Papal is great in some ways, but in this case , Paypal wasn't used. I lost out in Paypal, as Paypal charged a $25 fee to recover my money on a $25.50 Ebay Auction, so they are not always great. Some people close the account fast enough and leave no money in the Paypal account and are home free.
The way it works if you buy an Item on Ebay and if Paypal is not able to recover the full funds then EBAY's $200 payout is what is paid. EBAY charges the $25 deductible. IE

I buy a tank for $300. I file the claim with Paypal paypal is able to recover the $300 for all is good. If the seller has $0 in his account then if the EBAY auction does not sqay $1000 seller protection covered that means paypal will not assume the loss for the seller but if its an ebay item they will still apy under ebays insurance which is the $200. IE you would get $175.

Hope this clears up some issues.
Old 01/08/2007, 02:54 PM
Delaware Reef Club

Or you can just call your credit card company and tell them you wish to Dispute the charge on your statement. Explaini oyu purchased something online and it was never delievered. the CC will attempt to resolve the dispute w/ the seller, and when they can't they credit your account and any finance charges that may have accumulated as a result of the charge.
Old 01/19/2007, 08:23 PM
This is not a test

I don't know the details but I am just posting an observation. kbxiong67 has been a member here since 2004. Not tons of posts but he posted about the hobbie and his tank thru that time. Also he stated he was getting out of the hobbie and made several sales at the same time as the one with jnfallon. I would contact these other member to see how there transaction went.

Things happen, people get sick, or move, or go to jail, PCs crash, etc. In fact in his post he said he was moving. Just saying doesn't look like he has the MO of a rip off artist.

I realize this is little comfort since you can't get in touch with him. I would contact these other member to see how there transaction went. One of them may also have another way to contact him.

Good Luck.