Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/10/2005, 04:38 PM
Registered Member

Whew!!!

I am writing to warn everyone not to buy a maroon clownfish unless you are adding it to an aggressive tank! I loved mine when i got her over a year ago, but in the last few months she was a menace, going after the other fish, tearing their fins, sweeping out her own little bed in the tank and making a mess. In a year she got huge and fat with a huge attitude to match. Anyway i just spent 2hrs. tearing my tank apart trying to catch her and get her outta there to give to a friend. What a mess! My sailfin tang actually kept trying to help me out by chasing the clown out of a cave into the open water. Guess she was ready for the clown to hit the road also. Anyway just happy thats done and over with and had to share.
Old 01/10/2005, 06:10 PM
Art and science

they are very territorial
Old 01/10/2005, 08:12 PM
Corgilover

I know how you feel but my terror was a pygmy angel. It was gentle and shy at first but in a few short months, it became mean. Made a water bottle trap, didn't work. In the end, I removed most of my rocks. I felt bad for it when I gave it to the LFS but my tank is much happier with out it.
Old 01/10/2005, 09:38 PM
Registered Member

I have a mated pair of maroon's in my 135 reef. They let me put my hand near their RBTA when I clean the glass. They have been great fish. I hope thay stay that way.
Old 01/11/2005, 12:03 AM
Moved In

It's definately a crap shoot! Mine is almost 4, and while a pia for other reasons, isn't very mean at all!

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!