Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes

Old 01/08/2005, 04:25 PM
Registered Member

how many angel fish and coral beauty?

how many angel fish and coral beauty can i put in a 250 gl tank,cause i put a rusty angel yesterday in the tank and today a coral beauty (centropyge bispinosus),and man they don't like each other,

what should i do?,buy another one(angel) so they won't be in pairs, or just let them kill each other?

by the way i already tried moving some corals and rocks around so it looked diferent for the first one.

any advice please ,always welcome.

thank's
Old 01/08/2005, 07:38 PM
Registered Member

well you do know a coral beauty is an angel right? in a 250 gal tank there should be no reason to fight
Old 01/08/2005, 09:36 PM
Registered Member

give them a few days and if theyre still fighting then choose one. also if the angels are of differant species they probably wont pair up. I know there are hybrids in the wild but ive never heard of any being spawned in captivity.
Old 01/08/2005, 11:12 PM
Registered Member

i would give them a few days b/c there is plenty of space for 2 dwarf angels. it may have been a good idea to introduce them at the same time to try to lower the chance of fights. as far as how may dwarf angels you can put in there i would stay wiht 2 or 3. me spersonaly i would go wiht the coral beauty flame angel and lemonpeel, but that's just me. also angels well fight wiht each other b/c the rusty thinks that it's his reef and soon the coral beauty and the rusty will establish a pecking order and their own teratory in the tank. As far as adding any more angles i would be careful and i would get another rusty or coral beauty as the fighting will not stop.

Click the little red house for my tank and it's happenings.
Old 01/09/2005, 09:19 PM
Registered Member

are there any good pygmies for a 90 reef. i really like the cherub and the coral beauty, too, but i don't want them to nip at sps and clams and such, or be aggressive with small fish.

PETER
Old 01/09/2005, 11:00 PM
Registered Member

angels are always going to be a hit or miss. i just recently got a cherub angel. right now he's in QT but if he starts nipping at corals i'll trade him in for another

Click the little red house for my tank and it's happenings.