Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Large Reef Tanks
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02/05/2007, 10:40 PM

"Exotic Coral" 3600g Personal Aquarium

Looks like a nice website to follow. Even the roof is starphire!

http://www.exoticcoral.com/new_tank.htm

"The project started in 2004 and it has been a very long and complicated process. The tank is measured 12 foot wide 8 foot long and 5 foot and 10 inches tall. It is service by a 8 foot long, 5 foot wide and 3 foot deep sump. A 1200 gallon geothermal tank provides an additional temperature control. The tank is constructed by Water Dog, and is made of fiberglass sidings with three side viewing. The viewing panel is made of 4 separated pieces of starphire glass and laminated together. The tank sits on a 14" thick concrete platform, and another 13 inches of concrete below the platform.

A room is built after the tank was installed. The roof is made of 1" starphire glass to allow maximum sun light penetration. An additional 6 one thousand watt metal halide and PC provides additional lightings."

Old 02/05/2007, 11:30 PM
Registered Member

HOLY MOLY!!! i'd hate to have his electric bill!!

nice tank though.. see what money can buy you!! lol
Old 02/05/2007, 11:37 PM
Registered Member

looking good... thats a dream....
Old 02/05/2007, 11:57 PM
#1 Acro Crab Killah

Location: Boca Raton or Tallahassee - Florida State University
Does anyone have the link to the original thread that that tank was in? I remember seeing some really beautiful FTS of this tank months/years ago, as well as pics of it's skimmers and other crazy equipment.
Old 02/06/2007, 12:06 AM
Registered Member

yes i would like to see finshed product
Old 02/06/2007, 10:55 AM
THE 1 loss B(C)S winner!

Thats fantastic. There is some interesting reading. Thats a dedicated woman. I've never seen so many exotic Yumas.

"My passion for marine animals started when I was a child. I grew up in a small seaside town on the Island of Taiwan. My Dad is an animal lover, and he raised all types of birds and koi for competitions. My brothers, sisters, and I had gold fish, birds, cats, and dogs for pets.

When I was attending my undergraduate study, I worked as a lab assistant at the university lab. One of my duties was taking care of the experimental salt water fish tanks at the lab. I enjoyed taking care of the marine fish (large groupers) and got very much attached to them. When I went on to graduated school, I had several different gold fish and water lily tanks.

My love for the marine animal took a back seat during my career building and child rearing years. At last, kids are grown, and business have been past on to my children, and I am ready for the roses, orchids, and my reef tanks.

It all started in 2000; a friend of mine gave me a 55g tank, a 175w halide light, and thus the beginning of my obsession with this hobby. Four years later, I have accumulated two 55g, one 150g, and one 400g. The tanks contain thousands animals from Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. The fish and shrimp in my tanks spawn regularly, and I propagate stoney corals for other hobbyist. My family and I have traveled far and wild to seek out exotic specimens in the last four years. My Husband and I have gone as far as Fiji (in 2003) to select our specimens. And, we are planning to go to Solomon Island and Bali in the coming year when security risks improve.

Thanks again and hope you’ve enjoyed your visit. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions"

Closed minds should come with closed mouths.
Old 02/06/2007, 11:47 AM
Registered Member

nice to have $$
Old 02/06/2007, 01:05 PM

Here it is.. by weatherson

Thread and more pics on cvreefers:

http://www.cvreefers.org/showthread.php?t=3113

Old 02/06/2007, 03:00 PM
Registered Member

so wuzap is it finished or what.
Councelor: Any one else want to admit. :)
Old 02/06/2007, 03:39 PM
Registered Member

thats cool.... but the link says the site is down ...
Old 02/06/2007, 04:37 PM
Registered Member

Very impressive. it's big definitely, but I think the size at some point actually works against maintenance and presentation. A well designed aquascaping structure would probably do wonders. pillars? Very nice setup and thanks for sharing!
Old 02/06/2007, 07:53 PM
Registered Member

absolutelyy amazingg but what are you a show off or somethingg you must be richh ... lolll jkk thatts really nicee mannn good luckk i hoopppe all goess well but i think it would look nicer with more rockk and you know that u can put a black tiup reef shark in there that would look amazingg youll just have to watch the fishh thoguh they might die lmaooo thatss nice thoughhh good luckk
Old 02/06/2007, 07:53 PM
Registered Member

absolutelyy amazingg but what are you a show off or somethingg you must be richh ... lolll jkk thatts really nicee mannn good luckk i hoopppe all goess well but i think it would look nicer with more rockk and you know that u can put a black tiup reef shark in there that would look amazingg youll just have to watch the fishh thoguh they might die lmaooo thatss nice thoughhh good luckk
Old 02/06/2007, 09:32 PM
Registered Member

It's not invincible569's tank..... If you open the link to the cvreefers site and read, a it's owned by a lady in Monterey.

Nick
Old 02/06/2007, 10:12 PM
Moved back in!

I am more impressed with the livestock than the reef set-up itself. Seems to belong in a lab rather than behind a beautiful home in Pacific Grove. I think it's nice, but there should have been a little more attention to detail. It would have been really cool to incorporate one viewing side into the house so that you didn't have to go outside to enjoy the reef. Having grown up in this area...it's not exactly tropical year round. As far as equipment goes...pretty much on par with what I would have picked. When that Bubble King cup gets full, it must take 2 people to handle it.

I bookmarked their site and hope they continue to update it...

Thanks for sharing invincible569!
Old 02/07/2007, 08:30 AM
Fish Wrangler

The room may be closed in later. Looks like it's still very much in the construction stage.
380 FOWLR vlamingi 12", vlamingi 10", blonde naso 8", blue hippo 8", Sohal Tang 6", Purple Tang 5", Dussimer Tang 6", Clown Trigger 7.5", Picasso Trigger 2", Harlequin Tusk 6", Queen Angel 3.5; + more
Old 02/07/2007, 01:01 PM
Registered Member

very intresting tank if it only had a panel inside the house
then it would be kind of an indoor/ outdoor tank

incredible tank
Old 02/07/2007, 05:17 PM
Premium Member

Hey Edward, I've seen that monster tank before Here are the link for some newer pictures. http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r...&addtype=local
Thanks

Shu Tin
Old 02/07/2007, 05:34 PM
Wire Doc

makes me want to cry.
Old 02/07/2007, 06:42 PM
Registered Member

http://www.exoticcoral.com/index.htm

The tanks website incase people are too lazy
Old 02/07/2007, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shutiny
Hey Edward, I've seen that monster tank before Here are the link for some newer pictures. http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/...1&addtype=local
Thanks

Shu Tin

Current Tanks: sps
Very nice!! Love that huge Soly!!

Old 02/08/2007, 09:48 PM
Registered Member

NOT OUTSIDE.....WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
iF YOU HAVE THAT MUCH $$$$$$$ WHY NOT INSIDE WITH 20000Kssss THE SIZE OF BASEBALL FIELD LIGHTS.....AND A MASSIVE CHILLER....CORAL WILL NEVER GET THE RIGHT COLOR...I LOVE THE TANK, BUT DEF NOT OUTSIDE..
Old 02/09/2007, 07:47 AM
Premium Member

Did you see the pic above? It definitely seems to be getting the "right" color to me
Old 02/09/2007, 10:23 AM
Moved On

That sump looks like a Jacuzzi. Unbelievable. I think I d have to charge for admission.
Old 02/09/2007, 10:28 AM
Registered Member

Simply WOW