Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/08/2007, 11:13 PM
Cancer Sucks

You barely beat the Bills.

Not a strong showing from Dallas.

"There either is or there isn't life out there. Both possibilites are frightening."
(someone help me out - who said this?)
Old 10/08/2007, 11:15 PM
no pig 2 big

Bills haven't played on MNF for 13 years. Its hard for anybody to win in that house tonight...
Old 10/09/2007, 12:08 AM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
Originally posted by Satori
You barely beat the Bills.

Not a strong showing from Dallas.
So? these are professional athletes playing other professional athletes. Any team can loose on any given day. Dallas was playing as an away team too.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

Anyone that thinks the SEC isn't the best conference is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 10/09/2007, 04:45 AM
Grampa Extroardinaire

There is no such column in the NFL called "UW" - Ugly Wins. Its either a W or a L.

Kornheiser said at the very beginning that there really wasn't any reason for people to watch the game. Gotta love folks like that.

Too old for women to care
Old 10/09/2007, 06:51 AM
Registered Member

Talk about snatching victory out of the jaws of defeat! Gotta love it! I was so tired I went to bed figuring I would read about the loss in the morning. I should know better. My husband always tells stories of the Cowboys of old winning in the last couple of seconds. Just like the good old days!
Old 10/09/2007, 08:35 AM
Registered Member

Hey Mr. Funk:

Dallas better bring its "A" game this week if they want to beat the Pats. Your man, Tony Romo, isn't going to beat Tom Brady by throwing interceptions all game.

Good luck.

"If anyone offers you pigeon milk, say no thanks." - Fat Man.
Old 10/09/2007, 08:39 AM
Grampa Extroardinaire

Gonna be a good game. Since the Steelers have a bye, I think I might actually watch it.

I do think the Pats have the upper hand.

Old 10/09/2007, 09:03 AM
I'm accident prone

Romo got caught with his pants down. Granted the Bills defense is better than their offence, but the Cowboys should have DESTROYED them. I can't stand the Patriots, but I sure hope they humiliate the Cowboys to shut them up.
Old 10/09/2007, 09:29 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by uscgbeachbum
Romo got caught with his pants down. Granted the Bills defense is better than their offence, but the Cowboys should have DESTROYED them. I can't stand the Patriots, but I sure hope they humiliate the Cowboys to shut them up.
I will take that ringing endorsement! GO PATS!

Old 10/09/2007, 09:41 AM
Grampa Extroardinaire

Hmmm, do I see a little friendly wager coming up between our attorney friends - one a staunch Cowboys fan and the other a die heart Pats lover?

Of course the bet would have to be something "public" for all of us on RC to see and enjoy.

Old 10/09/2007, 11:10 AM
Registered Member

If Sufunk is game:

The challenge is, Sunday, October 14, New England at Dallas 4:15pm. Loser must post at least one complimentary post every day for the consecutive 5 (business week) days about the Winning Team and its players and coaching staff. What do you say, Mr. Funk? Are you game? Mwuhahahahahahahaha!

Old 10/09/2007, 11:22 AM
Grampa Extroardinaire

Quote:
Originally posted by batguano
If Sufunk is game:

The challenge is, Sunday, October 14, New England at Dallas 4:15pm. Loser must post at least one complimentary post every day for the consecutive 5 (business week) days about the Winning Team and its players and coaching staff. What do you say, Mr. Funk? Are you game? Mwuhahahahahahahaha!
In a thread title "I bow to the power of the (insert winning team)" or something like that - not buried under a pile of useless posts.

And of course, I would be more than happy to make the same type of bet on Sunday, Dec 9 when the Steelers open up a huge can of whoop-buttocks on the patsies.

Old 10/09/2007, 11:43 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
If Sufunk is game:

IT'S ON!!!!!!!

I would NEVER bet against my boys, especially after what they showed me last night. We played the worst possible game we could and somehow miracled a victory, on the road no less!. Obviously, we better bring our A game next week but hopefully this game was the best of both worlds. A wake up call and a VICTORY!!!

Ok, bat, i like dkh's idea. The loser posts a thread in the lounge titled " I bow to the greatness of the Cowboys/Patriots". No cute little nicknames or games or padded insults, the loser has to actually be humble and sincere in their praise of the winner's team. The loser then has to post at least one more compliment per day to bump the thread until the next week's game.

Sound good??? Even though everyone thinks the Pats are unbeatable, we are usually a tough out at home, especially in big games. Noone thought we could beat 9-0 Indy last year and we did so i'm ready to shock the world and knock the Pat's off their pedestal and restake our claim as the best team in football FINALLY
Old 10/09/2007, 11:53 AM
Guardian of Little People

Everyone talks about the game Romo had, but what about Mr. Clutch Terrell Owens who dropped the 2 point conversion and couldn't make the big catch with 18 seconds left.

Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant
Old 10/09/2007, 12:06 PM
SPS Kibitzer

Quote:
Originally posted by BrianD
Everyone talks about the game Romo had, but what about Mr. Clutch Terrell Owens who dropped the 2 point conversion and couldn't make the big catch with 18 seconds left.
TO has had dropsys problem for a while now...he's too worried about what his next endzone dance will be and losses concentration
Old 10/09/2007, 01:01 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BrianD
True but that was a good defensive play and should have been a penalty! On the 2 pt conversion, the db never turned to look for the ball and just put his hands in front of TO's face. That is definition faceguarding and a penalty. The ref was staring right at the db who never turned to play the ball just faceguarded TO. Should have been half the distance to the goal and replay the down. Oh well, the non-call ended up helping us.

The drop with 13 seconds left REALLY almost killed us. TO does drop more than most and more than he should but in my mind he makes up for the drops with great plays and catches that only he and a few other receivers in the NFL can make.
Old 10/09/2007, 01:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sufunk
IT'S ON!!!!!!!

I would NEVER bet against my boys, especially after what they showed me last night. We played the worst possible game we could and somehow miracled a victory, on the road no less!. Obviously, we better bring our A game next week but hopefully this game was the best of both worlds. A wake up call and a VICTORY!!!

Ok, bat, i like dkh's idea. The loser posts a thread in the lounge titled " I bow to the greatness of the Cowboys/Patriots". No cute little nicknames or games or padded insults, the loser has to actually be humble and sincere in their praise of the winner's team. The loser then has to post at least one more compliment per day to bump the thread until the next week's game.

Sound good??? Even though everyone thinks the Pats are unbeatable, we are usually a tough out at home, especially in big games. Noone thought we could beat 9-0 Indy last year and we did so i'm ready to shock the world and knock the Pat's off their pedestal and restake our claim as the best team in football FINALLY

DONE! Consider this a virtual handshake. David are you in for Steelers/Pats on 12/9?

Old 10/09/2007, 01:29 PM
Registered Member

The jury is still out on TO for me. I really disliked him in Philadelphia-I don't like the Eagles, but his behavior was awful. He hasn't been bad in Dallas yet, so hopefully he has learned a lesson from the bad press he received a couple years ago. We'll see his true nature when things aren't going well for the Cowboys. It's easy to be happy when you are winning, but if they start losing, I'm curious to see if the finger-pointing will start. Anyway, he can run, he blocks, and he can make some great plays, so for now he is okay with me. Time will tell.
Old 10/09/2007, 01:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
DONE! Consider this a virtual handshake. David are you in for Steelers/Pats on 12/9?
Agreed! Offer, acceptance, consideration
Old 10/09/2007, 01:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by spoiledcats
The jury is still out on TO for me. I really disliked him in Philadelphia-I don't like the Eagles, but his behavior was awful. He hasn't been bad in Dallas yet, so hopefully he has learned a lesson from the bad press he received a couple years ago. We'll see his true nature when things aren't going well for the Cowboys. It's easy to be happy when you are winning, but if they start losing, I'm curious to see if the finger-pointing will start. Anyway, he can run, he blocks, and he can make some great plays, so for now he is okay with me. Time will tell.
I'll be the 1st to admit that i told everyone that i wouldn't sign TO for free much less $5 million a year. He is a cancer and will destroy any team he is on.

That being said, he has been a model citizen pretty much in Dallas. Everyone says wait until it goes bad but things went HORRIBLE the last 5 games of last year and he still said and did all the right things. He is in a good situation now. He's on a winning team, he has a good rapport with Romo(seemingly) and a coach that isn't a tyrant.

Time will tell but to my amazement, it seems like he actually has turned a new leaf and is a good teammate now.
Old 10/09/2007, 02:09 PM
Grampa Extroardinaire

Quote:
Your bet Jim. Virtual handshake for 12/9 same stakes.

Old 10/09/2007, 02:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I'll be the 1st to admit that i told everyone that i wouldn't sign TO for free much less $5 million a year. He is a cancer and will destroy any team he is on.

That being said, he has been a model citizen pretty much in Dallas. Everyone says wait until it goes bad but things went HORRIBLE the last 5 games of last year and he still said and did all the right things. He is in a good situation now. He's on a winning team, he has a good rapport with Romo(seemingly) and a coach that isn't a tyrant.

Time will tell but to my amazement, it seems like he actually has turned a new leaf and is a good teammate now.
Yeah, I've got to say he has pleasantly surprised me since he's been in Dallas. I hope he can keep it up. It's just hard to forget what a jerk he was in Philly. It would be nice to see that he's turned over a new leaf. Maybe it really was just that team and that coach (then again, he went to Philly with baggage). Maybe he's just growing up.
Old 10/09/2007, 03:25 PM
Registered Member

As a diehard Cowboy fan for life you can imagine how much i HATED TO as an ex eagle AND ex niner!!! That was one of my main complaints with the Parcells era. He seemed to bring in all my most hated players as free agents but such is life in this age of the NFL.

I never would have signed TO and was VERY upset when we not only signed him but gave him a pretty big pile of cash to boot. I gotta admit that so far i've been wrong and it was a GREAT signing.

Even with the drops, TO DEMANDS the respect of the defense and is a threat every single play. There are only a handful of receivers like that in the league right now and having someone like that makes it so much easier on offense.

Then again, how could ANYONE not be a JERK in Philly
Old 10/09/2007, 03:53 PM
SPS Kibitzer

Quote:
Then again, how could ANYONE not be a JERK in Philly
See now your sounding like a real Cowgirl fan!
Old 10/09/2007, 04:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kev apsley
See now your sounding like a real Cowgirl fan!
Thank you!

Being from Long Island i assume you have the EXTREME misfortune of being either a Jets or Giants fan(not to mention Yanks or Mets)?