Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06/10/2007, 06:12 PM
RC Staff

This thread was automatically split due to performance issues. You can find the rest of the thread here: http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...0#post10116270
Old 06/10/2007, 06:12 PM
El Jefe de WRS

2 should be more than the 'stock' 400 (stock is what... about 850lph?), single-pass or recirculating. 3 might be possible, as long as the water level doesnt have to be adjusted to be too low.
Old 06/10/2007, 08:31 PM
Registered Member

Yeah, first split

On a side note, is the aquabee a direct replacement for the recirc models as well?
Old 06/10/2007, 10:14 PM
Registered Member

Right now my skimmer sits in about 8.5 inches of water. I think I am going to drop it and see if it performs better/worse. If I drop it it will be about 13.5 inches of water. Some pumps like the kings perform better in deeper water. So far the Aquabee pump is performing better the more it breaks in.
Old 06/10/2007, 11:35 PM
El Jefe de WRS

The aquabee 2000 or 2000/1 could be seen as a direct replacement for any of the Aqua Euro pumps on a 1:1 basis, since they are all 590's (actually, rebadged resun pumps). So the Recirc 265 with dual 2000 or 2000/1s would be perfect.
Old 06/11/2007, 11:58 AM
Registered Member

i dont know if the recirc will hook straight up. you my have to get different unions, or cut the 90 off one of them. the classics will still skim with the water level below the neck. it just pushes the foam up the neck anyway
Old 06/11/2007, 09:13 PM
OSU Who?Catch Me If U Can

Hum, Monday and still no phone call about pumps being shipped. About to ship the skimmer back. IMO I won't buy another thing from Aqua Euro. The Reef Nut was AWESOME and a TON of Help, Aqua Euro just lost a customer, I was actually thinking about buying there large calcium reactor but I will get a GEO, something I know that will work and not have to worry about it... Anyone get there replacement pumps yet???
Old 06/12/2007, 06:24 AM
Registered Member

Still none here, not very happy.
Old 06/12/2007, 08:29 AM
Registered Member

maybe they are sending us all aquabees as replacements and they are just finishing up the "deal">)
Old 06/12/2007, 09:09 AM
Big 12 Ballin'

I highly doubt they are sending aquabees.

I'm thinking IF the re-tooling was completed and they got the pumps done in the Honya factory, they are sitting in a container waiting customs or something.

You might be a reefneck!
Old 06/12/2007, 10:07 AM
Registered Member

I was joking
Old 06/12/2007, 04:34 PM

Hum, just got home and nothing... Looks like I am going to be making a phone call tomorrow. It is to the point that we need to be compensated in my mind. I was told that I would have my pumps by today since they were "worse case scenario" going to be in this past Thurs but they would call when they arrived. I think aqua euro needs to send us a voucher for some diff pumps and have then overnighted, I am tired of this BS.
Old 06/12/2007, 06:47 PM
Registered Member

im not happy, but its not that serious imo. as long as we could identify the problem, and rig the pumps to be safe for the time being so we are not skimmerless, im happy to give them some more time to work this problem out in hopes they will use different pumps. i dont really want king 590 pumps. i wish they would give some kind of option on this. like you can get the 590's, or octo pumps, or 2 aquabees, or even just them give us vouchers for so much towards new pumps.. something other than the 590.
to be honest. im in no real rush to get them, because when they come, my skimmer wont perform as well as it is now if i change em, and if i dont.. then i just have 3 pumps for nothing.
Old 06/12/2007, 07:02 PM
Registered Member

Well I just modded my aquabee2001 on my AE 135 classic. At this point I wish I had a dwyer meter. Stock these things should pull 480-500lph. I just stacked the mesh on top of the needles and I think I am getting more than 600lph. Right now the neck can't seem to handle it. I am going to keep it on until it breaks in. Here are some pics.

The last one shows how the pump just slips on to the AE elbow. I will post later with shots of the skimate.
Old 06/12/2007, 07:26 PM
Registered Member

I just cleaned the cup out before the mod and a good frothy foam was created instantly. In order to get finer bubbles I did end up putting a valve on the air intake. I may also have to shorten the return pipe to allow less turbulance in the neck. 3 of the aquabees mesh mod might be over kill on a 400
Old 06/12/2007, 07:54 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JRaquatics
I just cleaned the cup out before the mod and a good frothy foam was created instantly. In order to get finer bubbles I did end up putting a valve on the air intake. I may also have to shorten the return pipe to allow less turbulance in the neck. 3 of the aquabees mesh mod might be over kill on a 400
i had to cut about 1.5" off the return pipe myself.
with the aquabee it almost looks like a bm neck full of air.. thats how mune does when i have it wide open.
Old 06/13/2007, 08:34 AM
Hawks Rule!

Looks awesome Jeremy.

Sandbeds operate like wormholes and the excess nutrients and detritus are transported to a sister galaxy - Bomber

12-7-41 & 9-11-01 Never Forget!
Old 06/13/2007, 09:09 AM
Registered Member

Here's someone selling the Aquabee pump for $90: http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...readid=1037375
Old 06/13/2007, 12:31 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bcollins111900
Hum, just got home and nothing... Looks like I am going to be making a phone call tomorrow. It is to the point that we need to be compensated in my mind. I was told that I would have my pumps by today since they were "worse case scenario" going to be in this past Thurs but they would call when they arrived. I think aqua euro needs to send us a voucher for some diff pumps and have then overnighted, I am tired of this BS.
I've called and am not getting much more information. It seems that the manufacturer has repeatedly delayed things, not AEUSA itself. Just waiting for the pumps to get into CA.
Old 06/13/2007, 12:46 PM
One Good Friend

Well, don't feel to bad, i poped off the back of my genx2400 and its exactly the same as all yours.....i wasn't using it, which was good, but i have to contact pacific coast imports and get it taken care of, which i seriously doubt happens.
Old 06/13/2007, 12:46 PM

I pulled my pumps back out after gooping a TON of silicone on them the other week and they are once again rusting. I even prepared the area so the silicone had a clean surface to stick to and I know I covered every square inch, no doubt in my mind, I used almost a whole large tube of aquarium silicone (One that fits in a caulking gun). So here is the scenario, what happens if we start to loose livestock? I pulled the skimmer out of my sump since the pumps are rusting again. I'm sorry but I purchashed an Aqua Euro Skimmer which on there website indicates come with epoxy incased pumps... Paid for something I did not get and we are all still waiting on new pumps that were suppose to ship almost a week ago. Aqua Euro needs to give us a voucher to purchase new diff. pumps and they foot the bill. I just find it real funny that Aqua Euro has not commented in this thread for quite some time now...
Old 06/13/2007, 12:53 PM
Registered Member

The turn around on these pumps are taking longer than expected. I feel actions should be made on getting new pumps for the current AE customers, like the ones in this thread. They should have took the loss right away and replaced the pumps with octos or something.

I can't honestly say I can recommend these skimmers anymore, especially if they stay with the King pumps.
Old 06/13/2007, 04:16 PM
Registered Member

I have to agree, no pumps for some time, and possible livestock issues in the meantime, not a good scenario. Aquaeuro should pick of the ball and start sending other pumps ASAP, none of us want's a king590 again, fixed or not! I guess I can not recommend them anymore either, unless something impressive is done soon. Great skimmer bodies, but way too much hassle otherwise. If anyone from Aquaeuro reads these posts QUICKLY make this right, if not your best customers, happy reefers who like the equipment, will quickly become your worst nightmare, UNHAPPY reefers who do not like your equipment, that post a lot on reefer boards
Old 06/13/2007, 04:46 PM
El Jefe de WRS

I think I might have to move down to New Mex and show them how to build a skimmer down there...lol.

On a related note. There are aquabees being used on Chinese skimmers (www.reef-free.com), so they are either cheap enough to buy, or there are clones out there. Could be an option for AE. Otherwise, perhaps to seperate themselves from the competition (Octopus), there is the Aqua-Excel company with their 'black BK'... that would roll some heads...
Old 06/13/2007, 04:58 PM
Registered Member

Hey Hahn, I just thank you again for the recommendation on the AquaBee pump. I can't wait to go home and see whats in my collection cup.