Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion

Old 01/10/2008, 10:50 AM
Premium Member

Pictures look great!

My other computer is your MAC.
Old 01/10/2008, 01:38 PM
Registered Member

Awesome Tank!!! Hey crvz, maybe you already mentioned it, but what did you use to make your pillars? pvc or acrylic?
Old 01/10/2008, 01:38 PM
Registered Member

Awesome Tank!!! Hey crvz, maybe you already mentioned it, but what did you use to make your pillars? pvc or acrylic?
Old 01/10/2008, 01:49 PM
Registered Member

I think he used fiberglass rods
Old 01/10/2008, 04:43 PM
Registered Member

Thanks thrlride!!

Quote:
Originally posted by ernestlives
Most of the stacks are held together with fiberglass rods, as PB mentions. You can find them on the cheap at homedepot or lowes... look for reflector poles by the mail boxes, they cut easily enough with a hacksaw. I do have a couple of acrylic rods too, but I think they bend more than the fiberglass.

The red house. Click it!!
Old 01/11/2008, 11:52 PM
Registered Member

I can't wait till I get my 156 on Friday, I've been waiting for a month for it to show up.

any tips you want to share with me? I'm moving most of my equipment from my 120, the only thing I need to do is figure out the closed loop idea or add an additional vortech/tunze pump
Old 01/12/2008, 12:00 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by etrigo29
I can't wait till I get my 156 on Friday, I've been waiting for a month for it to show up.

any tips you want to share with me? I'm moving most of my equipment from my 120, the only thing I need to do is figure out the closed loop idea or add an additional vortech/tunze pump
I'll bet! It took months to get mine in... but I ordered it at a pretty crummy time (Oceanic was moving their facilities at the time... which cause a 3 month wait).

Tips...? I'm not real sure! Have you swapped tanks before? It wasnt much fun, that's certain, especially because I had to remove one to put this one in place. I setup a temp tank (a mere 30 gallon setup) during the swap for the fish and corals. Most of the rocks ended up in a brute trashcan. I guess my only tip is to take the time to do things right the first time. Don't rush to get things running unless there's no other choice!

The red house. Click it!!