Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > Corallimorpharians

Old 09/07/2007, 07:20 PM
Registered Member

neat little article

How to frag your yumas!

It's a PDF, so you'll need reader to view it...

::Click On My Little Red House::
Old 09/13/2007, 05:08 PM
Member Registered

Man that is old! That Yuma was actually supposed to be mine. Blane put it on his site and I ordered it. He wrote to me a few days later and said he is going to frag it and send me half. Then he wrote to me a couple of weeks later and said it died. It's funny that he wrote an article on how to frag shrooms but the shroom in the article didn't survive. Kinda made me mad at the time because I had been wanting a pink yuma for a couple of years. I find one and order it then I am told I only get part of it. Then it dies because of that. Blane should have just sold it to me whole.
Old 09/13/2007, 05:40 PM
Premium Supreme Member

Haha. In the article, he said it lived though, right? So, are you saying that it died? It does look like it healed, he even said he fragged it again to get 4.

Yeah, I personally would not be fragging yumas this way. It just seems way too risky for me, but I don't have the kind of connections to get another $$$ yuma if it died from slicing. Blane probably thought that it was a good experiment because he can probably get another one through his wholesalers for a fraction of the cost of retail/shipping.
Old 09/13/2007, 06:02 PM
Member Registered

I can't honestly say that it died but that is what he told me.
Old 09/13/2007, 06:07 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Al G Blenny
Man that is old! That Yuma was actually supposed to be mine. Blane put it on his site and I ordered it. He wrote to me a few days later and said he is going to frag it and send me half. Then he wrote to me a couple of weeks later and said it died. It's funny that he wrote an article on how to frag shrooms but the shroom in the article didn't survive. Kinda made me mad at the time because I had been wanting a pink yuma for a couple of years. I find one and order it then I am told I only get part of it. Then it dies because of that. Blane should have just sold it to me whole.
Wow...that blows. I'd be pretty ****ed too if a yuma meant for me died from fragging.

::Click On My Little Red House::