Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/10/2006, 09:57 PM
Registered Member

we should not out live r kids

i wa swondering if anybody out there in reef land has lost a kid to soon????????
Old 10/10/2006, 10:00 PM
Registered Member

i lost my first born last years do to the fact some jerk was playing with a shoot gun and shot his front tire out while he was going 55 mph and Chris hit a light pole and the damn air bag took his life instead of saving it..... the police never found out who did it to this day.......
Old 10/10/2006, 10:08 PM
Moved In

I'm sorry for your loss. Unfortunately I know it all too well. My daughter was almost 15. It's not something I talk a lot about.

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!
Old 10/10/2006, 10:20 PM
Registered Member

sorry to hear about your daughter,my other kids just dont get it when i tell them to call me not matter what /when/ or even where they are.
Old 10/10/2006, 10:23 PM
Ich Rumor/Myth Buster

dc, even though the lounge is a place where we come to joke and kid around and beat up on people alot you can still share your heartache and I am sure you won't get knocked around on a touchy subject like this. I'm here to listen...
Old 10/10/2006, 10:25 PM
Registered Member

do you have kids
Old 10/10/2006, 10:29 PM
Registered Member

THANKS Freed, i feel so stupid for not saying thanks befor.your right alot of poeple just dont get because it is such a touchy subject and it something that just doesnt go away.
Old 10/10/2006, 10:36 PM
Registered Member

dc thanks for sharing about your daughter....sometimes people need somebody else ears .....your a good person.
Old 10/10/2006, 11:03 PM
RC Mod

When our son went into basic training he had to write a "If you're reading this I'm dead" letter. He survived basic training and his enlistment, but he left the letter behind when he moved to his own apartment.

It was one of the most touching and emotional things I've ever read..................... I feel very fortunate as a parent .
Old 10/11/2006, 01:27 AM
Premium Member

I have not lost any children, but I watched my stepdaughter go through losing an infant son. He lived exactly 30 days - what a roller coaster that month was as his health went up and down. I will never forget each of us taking turns cradling him at the funeral home before the service. He was never out of intensive care while he was alive so that was the only chance we had to hold him, and really to even see him since he was hooked up to so much equipment to help him breath. I'm one who will not look at a body at a funeral - I want to remember their life - but I spent a long time studying this little guy's face before letting him go because I never want to forget what he looked like. Those experiences change you somehow ...
Old 10/11/2006, 01:41 AM
Registered Member

I can't even read these posts. I'm a new Father, my Daughter's 3. I used to be afraid of NOTHING, now losing my Child is a nightmare I often have. I cannot imagine living without her. My heart truly goes out to those who have lost.
Old 10/11/2006, 06:42 AM
Registered Member

I am not a parent, but I lost my brother 6 years ago. His death totally devasted my parents. You should not have to bury your children. There is not a day that goes by that I dont think of him and wish that I could tell him I loved him just one more time.
Old 10/11/2006, 06:58 AM
Premium Member

I have three children and cannot fathom not having them in this world. I am sorry to those misfortunate souls who have lost their children. I can't begin to understand your pain.
Old 10/11/2006, 08:54 AM
Monkeys Rule once more

I lost my son Stephen at age 5 in 1968 to Brain cancer, it never goes away unfortunately, although I now have "the best 7 year old in the world", I never forget.
Old 10/11/2006, 07:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jenlovesty
I am not a parent, but I lost my brother 6 years ago. His death totally devasted my parents. You should not have to bury your children. There is not a day that goes by that I dont think of him and wish that I could tell him I loved him just one more time.
Lost my brother 23 yrs. ago at age 20. Not a day goes by that I don't think of him and wish I had just 10 minutes more to tell him I love him and apologize for being a jerk when we were kids growing up.

Mother was devastated. When she got the $27,000 bill from hospital for his stay in intensive care and the other hospital care, she wrote a polite letter back stating they had no idea as to why my brother died after his operation and why should she pay for sub-par care. Never heard anything else from them.