Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Coral & Livestock Trading

Old 04/12/2006, 11:15 PM
Registered Member

Can you say FREE!! Indiana

I have an abundance of some freshly purchased Pulsing Xenia. I picked up the Xenia along with a pistol shrimp, Cheato (so MUCH life), 4 head Candy Cane, a Colt and a few nice chunks of Fiji LR. All of that for $30. I couldn't say NO!

Anyhow I would like to pass my good fortune (if you like Xenia) on to my fellow Reefers. If anybody WILL take some from me!

Whats the catch? I live in Parker City, IN! (WHERE??). It is basically a little place next to Muncie.

If you would like some e-mail mikieh@comcast.net. Any frag trades or very small donations are appreciated but BY NO MEANS REQUIRED!
Old 04/14/2006, 11:52 AM
Registered Member

Anybody? Local First...

I also hav s small kenya tree frags to trade or giveaway!
Old 04/14/2006, 12:29 PM
President emeritus, ORCA

congrats on a very nice bargain. Isn't it great when someone gives you a good deal.

Might I also add that that is very generous of you to spread the wealth. Not enough people are that true to our hobby. It makes me very happy when someone like you is willing to go out of their way to help fellow reefers. Thank you for setting a great example for this whole forum. I wish only the best for you and yours. I try to do the same from time to time, usually for people who lost their reef for one reason or another or newbies that need to learn before they start buying the wrong things for their setup. It's funny how a little help can go a long way. I know I have learned much about reefing through my friends in my club and if it weren't for them, I would have easily left this hobby two or three times in the first couple months. Back to my point...Thank you.

Craig Schweitzer
Old 04/14/2006, 11:05 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for the kind words Craig!

At this point it is all gone! I will probably offer more in the future hopefully with shipping available to those in need!

Mike
Old 04/15/2006, 03:32 PM
Registered Member

hello there i am living in bloomington going to iu right now, but i live right around marion (converse???). i will probably be up that way the next couple of weekends. I would be interested in pretty much everything you have to give away. The $30 package seems great as well. I currently have a 30gal with some softies. I am setting up a 55 gal in a couple of months when I move into my new place. I've already purchased a AquaMedic series 2-250 and 1-150 hang over setup. I'm excited to say the least!

Let me know what is left and perhaps we can work something out!

Thanks for the great post!

Adam
Old 04/18/2006, 01:17 PM
T5 Reefer

FYI... from what I have heard Xenia will not ship very well. It is only good for local pickups who can get it back into a tank quickly.

Not my personal experiences but worth mentioning before you try to ship.

-- itZme
Old 04/28/2006, 08:04 PM
Team RC Member

also free to good homes!

I have bunches or sarcophyton (clown fishes love them), some shrooms, star polyps etc that anyone willing to pick up in Bloomington are welcome to. My tank is bursting at the seams! Send me an email linda@dzre.com or call my office 333-4041
Old 04/29/2006, 01:50 PM
Registered Member

Linda,

What else do you have in your tank you're wanting to get rid of? I'm getting ready to move over on Nancy St. so I'll be moving my tank probably around the middle of May. I'd rather get some stuff from you then.

Adam
Old 04/29/2006, 03:46 PM
Team RC Member

All softies, some cabbage leather too. Give me a call and we can make arrangements. Ill be out of town the last half of the week.
Old 05/01/2006, 05:33 PM
Registered Member

hi Linda I tried giving your office a call today but i think you were gone for the day already...i'd like to get those corals off you sometime this week if possible....any and all of course haha

where is your office located? what all fish do you have in your tank? just tryin to see what is reef safe fish
Old 05/01/2006, 05:50 PM
Team RC Member

We'll have to wait until next week, I have a full day tomorrow and Im leaving on Wed afternoon. I have a foxface, hippo, pair of perculas, some pajamas, a mandarin and gobies. Everything is really healthy and if you have good water movement I assure you you will be doing the same thing in time! Get with me the week of the 8th.
Old 05/03/2006, 06:05 PM
Registered Member

linda--

i'll get with you early next week, i'll probably give your office a call Monday

i'm done with classes after tomorrow...and i usually work until 5 or so at a pool store. maybe we can make arrangements monday or tuesday evening. is the tank at your office or at home?
Old 05/03/2006, 10:31 PM
Moved On

any left???
Old 05/03/2006, 10:32 PM
Moved On

il take some !!!!!!!
Old 05/04/2006, 05:09 PM
Registered Member

i called it first haha
Old 05/28/2006, 03:14 AM
Ich Rumor/Myth Buster

Let me know when you have some more xenia available. I would like to put it in my QT to see what it will do. Thanks, Jeff
Old 05/30/2006, 10:35 AM
Registered Member

Linda- I am ready to come get those corals from you

Let me know when would be a good time for you, thanks