Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge

Old 09/07/2005, 04:41 PM
Registered Member

No discount, no out of network help from the insurance. I have talked to them about a payment plan which I will be receiving paper work for soon. The idea is to pay $50 a month until its paid off. What a pita though I mean I never got my issue resolved either! Been having memory problems. Anyway I went and had the primary doc do blood tests for B12 levels etc, fine, so he referred me to a nuerologist who this wasnt her expertise although she thought I might have a weat allergy so another blood test. Then she referred me to a nueropsycological testing place who were supposed to be spending half a day with me figuring out what the hell is wrong with me and offering me some kind of therapy or treatment. But now that progress is lost. More waiting to see a primary care doctor in the network and then hoping I can do this testing.

Its rediculous!
Old 09/07/2005, 05:16 PM
Call Me Ishmael...

Quote:
Originally posted by 10" Red Devil
Been having memory problems.
Hmmmm... Perhaps the memory problems caused you to forget that you didn't have a PPO and that's the reason you went with the wrong doc's, causing you to incur expenses you wouldn't have incurred if you wouldn't have been having memory problems....

Dwain
Old 09/08/2005, 10:42 AM
Registered Member

Haha very funny. Not!
Old 09/08/2005, 10:44 AM
Registered Member

Its not that bad, and I want to know why the providers never said anything to me when they accepted my copay.
Old 09/08/2005, 12:13 PM
Call Me Ishmael...

Quote:
Originally posted by 10" Red Devil
Its not that bad, and I want to know why the providers never said anything to me when they accepted my copay.
You might want to go to their PR/HR dept. and discuss the lack of communication with them. Being nice and diplomatic, while being direct and standing your ground can do amazing things with those depts.

If their employees didn't follow proper protocol by letting you know that your insurance wouldn't cover the bill - you have a place to begin discussions.

Also, it's very odd that they would charge you only a copay. Do you have a copy of the receipt for the copay? I'd be interested in seeing how it was worded....

Dwain