Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > Corallimorpharians
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04/13/2007, 10:36 AM
My Life for Aiur!

Some new Rics coming my way!

I just placed an order for some Rics from Pure Captive. Bryan is a real pleasure to do business with, and he has some really nice stuff. I can't wait to get these. They should be here on Tuesday!

I'll be getting one polyp of these Bubble Gum R. florida

I'll be getting one polyp of these Orange and Green R. florida

This Purple R. yuma

This Neon Green R. yuma

This Blue R. yuma
Old 04/13/2007, 10:43 AM
Geek

Wow very very beautiful! It'll be like christmas when they come
Old 04/13/2007, 10:55 AM
My Life for Aiur!

NO kidding! Especially since my 29g will mainly be Rics, and I only have a few. Here are some of the ones already in my tank

Orange/Blue R. florida

Green/Pink R. yuma

Unknown R. florida (too small to truly tell color)

Teal R. florida

Blue R. florida

Purple/Green R. yuma
Old 04/13/2007, 12:28 PM
Registered Member

hehehe travis like i said earlier your a TEASE..LOL..they are verry pretty..

scott
Old 04/13/2007, 12:43 PM
My Life for Aiur!

Hey Scott, my Blue R. florida got caught in a two time avalanche and got hit HARD. The first was a LARGE rock that fell over and hit the blue off to the side. I fixed it, and about 5 minutes later my bruiser of a Turbo Snail got behind it and knocked it over AGAIN. This it, it hit square on the Ric. I have a really torn up blue now. Hopefully it will recover. It seems to be doing find under the circumstances. I'm hoping that it will turn into multiple little rics when it recovers.
Old 04/13/2007, 02:04 PM
Registered Member

more than likely travis ive had one split because of rocks falling on them..howd the metalic green one>?..

scott
Old 04/13/2007, 02:07 PM
My Life for Aiur!

Quote:
Originally posted by bigScott
more than likely travis ive had one split because of rocks falling on them..howd the metalic green one>?..

scott
That one is doing fine so far. There was a baby hiding under the skirt, so I got two from you. How are the Acans doing?
Old 04/13/2007, 09:00 PM
Registered Member

for my first acan it rockin..thier gettin nice an fat..then you got 3 from me travis..hehehe

scott
Old 04/14/2007, 02:58 PM
Registered Member

Those are awesome, how do they look in your tank? Are you satisfied?
Old 04/14/2007, 10:59 PM
My Life for Aiur!

I won't get my new Rics until Tuesday. I've worked out a delayed shipment day to make sure that I'm home to receive them. I'm extremely excited. I'll make sure to take pictures and compare them side by side to the pictures from Bryan. I can't wait!
Old 04/15/2007, 10:30 AM
Registered Member

well travis when thier fraggable i hope im first in line..lol

scott
Old 04/16/2007, 08:41 PM
Registered Member

hmmm they must have sold fast, only have 1 ric on their page now. Everytime I go to their page they never have anything?
Old 04/17/2007, 09:03 AM
My Life for Aiur!

Quote:
Originally posted by rabid frog
hmmm they must have sold fast, only have 1 ric on their page now. Everytime I go to their page they never have anything?
He typically has little on his store front since he is a smaller scale shop that sells aquacultured goods. So, stock isn't as common, and sells fast. FWIW, the Rics that I purchased, he's been holding for about a month because of special circumstances. Bryan recently got his site running again with new stock. He was down for a while because he was updating things.
Old 04/17/2007, 12:50 PM
Ricordea ¤ Addict

Very nice collection you have there Travis. I especially like the first ones.

I am a proud member of the Chesapeake Marine Aquaria Society (CMAS). If you're in the Maryland area check us out!
Old 04/17/2007, 12:55 PM
My Life for Aiur!

They should be here any moment. I'll have to wait until I get home to see them and take pictures though. They left Tulsa, OK at ~10am, and Tulsa is 65 miles away from Stillwater. It's now been three hours, so they are already there or still on a truck. Here's a teaser of some of the other Rics that I have.

Green and Purple R. yuma (The ones that is posted above in a macro)

Blue and Green R. florida from Scott (bigScott)

Same Teal and Orange & Blue R. florida as above
Old 04/17/2007, 07:05 PM
Registered Member

Travis,

It was nice meeting you in Jenks. You amaze me! I have spent many many many hours reading various things on reef central since I joined COMAS and went to Jenks with the group. Your knowledge, helpfulness and creativity are a great asset to the group. These Rics are beautiful!! That will be a nice collection. Rics are one of my favorites. While we were at Oddballs, you said to remind you to get me some frags of orange pieces out of your tank for the OSU themed (As much orange and black as possible) 58 I have been working on. I would like an update on the 2 gallon tanks you were making. This is a project I would like to do, but I am a bit unsure about making it by myself. Plus, I lack any of the specialized tools. If I buy the used tank I am looking at to maybe us at a frag tank, I will be picking your brain om setting up the sump/refugium and plumbing. I saved the details about how you made the 10 gallon one.

How are the black and whites? I have a female (true perc.) that is atleast 3 inches. I have never been able to find a mate for her. He would have to be of decent size or she would tear him up.

Great Pictures,

Christy
Old 04/18/2007, 08:21 AM
My Life for Aiur!

Hi Christy! For the sake of of keeping the thread on topic, I'll give you a PM to reply. Thanks for the kind words.
Old 04/18/2007, 08:46 AM
Registered Member

Great rics that you are going to be getting. The current ones you already have are also great. I hope they spread so quickly that you start offering some of these to other ric lovers. I'll be the first in line :-)
Old 04/18/2007, 08:49 AM
My Life for Aiur!

My package didn't come in yesterday, but it is pending arrival today. I hope for the best for them. I think they will be fine.
Old 04/18/2007, 04:46 PM
Mari's Husband

Travis L. Stevens,
those shrooms are BEAUTIFUL!
Old 04/18/2007, 07:53 PM
Premium Member

Those are some SWEET Shrooms!!!
Old 04/19/2007, 11:56 AM
My Life for Aiur!

I got my Rics yesterday!!! I began to worry a little because they had been bagged up and in a box for about 48 hours. Luckily these were all aquacultured and extra hardy! All of them survived the extended trip. I didn't get to take pictures because I went and took a nap after acclimating and placing them in the tank at about 6pm. The next thing I know, it's 8am and I have to get ready for my doctor's appointment. Even though they were slightly stressed, I could still see them really well.

Bubble Gum R. florida
One polyp, light carnation pink. Fragging left a little overhang that I can clip to have a second polyp of it

Orange and Green R. florida
The pic doesn't do it justice. The green is about right, but the orange is bright, neon orange and not dull with a brownish tint like in the picture.

Purple R. yuma
This is a HUGE yuma. It was about 2" across shrivelled up. It wouldn't surprise me if it was 3" across when it is fully opened. It looks like it will have green vesicles on a backdrop of a purple body.

Neon Green R. yuma
This guy is gorgeous. By far, the brightest thing in my tank. It looks like it might be slightly bleached, but not much. I can only imagine if it gets more coloration that it will only become brighter.

Bonus Blue R. yuma
This is probably my favorite of the group. The vesicles are pinkish red, but faint and the body is blue and slightly faint. I have a feeling that they will need to color up a little. I'm venturing to guess that I may have gotten ahold of a "Superman Yuma"
Old 04/19/2007, 02:38 PM
Registered Member

hey ya mikekman youll be second in line..lol..j/k..but i trade with travis every now an them..im glad you like the corals travis..
good luck with them....

scott
Old 04/20/2007, 09:29 AM
My Life for Aiur!

Finally! Pictures!
Okay, here are the pictures that Bryan at Pure Captive took compared to the ones that I took. This will be in multiple posts, so bare with me. You'll have to excuse the pictures. I was truly playing with my camera and some were in hard to photograph areas. But, you get the general picture.

Bubble Gum Ricordea florida
These have been pretty amazing. I've never seen a color like this. I'm slightly disappointed that it isn't deeper, but I'm excited because it is unique. My overall satisfaction is 95%

Pure Captive's Picture

My Personal Frag
Blue Light

White Balanced for Accurate Color
Old 04/20/2007, 09:32 AM
My Life for Aiur!

Orange and Green Ricordea florida
The color of this one has absolutely blown me away. It is nothing like the picture and is the brightest thing in my tank. My satisfaction is 200%

Pure Captive's Picture

My Personal Frag
Blue Light

White Balanced for Accurate Color

Brightness Comparisson
This picture shows the new frag (upper right) and my frag of orange R. florida (bottom left). You can see how amazingly bright my new frag is.