Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge

Old 03/15/2005, 02:12 PM
Just say no to DSB

Quote:
Originally posted by Scarlett
Gone to two shows - wicked intense - both were small (one <2k other <1k)
But BNL is still my fave - worth every penny

"There is never enough time to do all the nothing you want" - Calvin
Old 03/15/2005, 04:18 PM
Registered Member

WIDESPREAD PANIC!!! All the way, best live show ever... and I've been to lots and lots....

The only band I'll drop everything for... only seen one bad show, at the second Bonnaroo, it blew, and I walked out... Totally bogus, and unless you're a die hard panic fan don't argue with me on that one cuz I'll blow you outta tha water... Anybody who says that show was good either had way too many drugs, or just doesn't like the band.... I expect more for an 18hour wait in traffic for one band... the only reason i went, but not the only thing i enjoyed....

Allman Bros. used to be great about 5 years ago, but seen them 2-3 times in the past few years and have been really disappointed.... Lost Dicky Betts and they lost me for a fan... not that he makes the band or anything, they just don't jam like they used to.... Feel the same way about Dylan, love his music, but his live show is like watching a hot air balloon sink slowly out of the sky.... saddening

I definitely hear Clutch and the Pixies though... seen clutch live bunches of times back when they were really small.... great, fun band... The Pixies are good, but not really my style these days....

Pearl Jam

I'd have loved to have seen Jane's Addiction.....

Seen lots more really fun ones, check out Dark Star Orchestra for a trip down memory lane, but nothing to really get worked up over, lots of fun tho...

Live in Asheville, NC and check out the music scene.... They've got it all..... except rap music...but OUtkast did come and do a show for the college so I guess they've got that too.... The only little town with big city music....
Old 03/15/2005, 11:27 PM
Registered Member

Widespread is great!! im seein them the week before Bonnaroo, and at bonnaroo , also allman brothers, gunna ba amazing!! this will be the first bonnaroo im going to
Old 03/16/2005, 12:35 PM
I have no catchy title

BTW -- the new Fantomas album is out in a month. I heard it's really good. BUUUUT the last one kinda sucked.
Old 03/16/2005, 08:17 PM
Registered Member

yea it did... i knew about the new one, im really lookin foward to it, and im goin to see slayer in sweedin this year , along with maiden, so i can get my lambardo fix haa
Old 03/16/2005, 11:33 PM
You're my boy blue!

Quote:
Originally posted by laxing22
Gone to two shows - wicked intense - both were small (one <2k other <1k)
But BNL is still my fave - worth every penny
The small shows always seem to be the most intense, I saw them at a bar called Grant Street in Lafayette, La, no more than 200 people and that was the most intense, not best overall but most intense show I've seen, and I've been to about 15 of there shows throughout the years.
Old 03/16/2005, 11:42 PM
Registered Member

anyone seen this years ozzfest line up?? http://ozzfest.com/bands.html
maiden!!! effin maiden!!!! this year is the going to rival last years old school show, priest, sabbath and slayer, and rob zombis gunna be there 2, and theres still1 more main stage band left to announce, im hopin its another huge band!!
Old 03/17/2005, 09:29 AM
Registered Member

KISS
Queensryche
Reach 454 (just changed their name) little partial here since drummer is my wifes cousin