Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/11/2007, 02:55 AM
Registered Member

Best Stores ?????

I tried to post this in another forum but wouldn't let me "Not Enough Posts" so I will try it here. Being pretty new, what online stores offer up the best pricing for fish. I got my snails and other cleaners from reeftopia and now I need a place to get the fish. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11/11/2007, 03:05 AM
Registered Member

I had a good experience with saltwaterfish dot com. Shipment was well packed, (though not sure how they pack it during the winter, I expect they would add heat packs, don't know so don't quote me on that) and everything arrived alive.
Old 11/11/2007, 04:18 AM
Premium Member

I'm a fan of http://www.liveaquaria.com/.

Their products are high quality, very knowledgeable staff, and great customer service. I only had to use the guarantee once, and did so without any problems or questions.

Good luck, Fred
Old 11/11/2007, 07:06 AM
Registered Member

scan through the sponsors list here on rc and you will find some great online stores. liveaquaria being one of them.
Old 11/11/2007, 08:40 AM
Registered Member

Its not common but I had a terrible experience with liveaquaria(still batteling the cyano covered rock they shipped me)so now I go with www.reefhotspot.com or http://reefermadness.us/.
Old 11/11/2007, 08:43 AM
Registered Member

Welcome to RC:
I would also suggest you check out the (vendor experience forum) here on RC. You will be able to read about others experiences for online stores. Also as stated before-go to the sponsers page (the link is at the top of every thread).
hope this helps.

jolene
Old 11/11/2007, 11:10 AM
IllegitimiNonCarborundum

I like liveaquaria.

I personally will only order from websites that have a livestock guarantee.
Old 11/11/2007, 12:16 PM
Registered Member

I have been buying all my livestock from online stores for a long time and have good things to say about all 3 sources I use. But, I love LiveAquaria, maybe because Marty Smith was my vet when I lived in Northern Wis. in the 80s. I also do biz with saltwaterfish dot and bluezooaquatics---never anything but great results with any of them. I'm stocking 3 tanks now, lost all my stuff to Katrina, so I'm buying quite a bit; who I buy from depends on who has what at the time I want it. I've known some great folks in the lfs biz; but, sorry, the quality, price, guarantee, and service from good online stores just can't be matched--IMO.