Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/31/2007, 04:10 PM
Registered Member

Yeah I can't wait to get it. I also got the modded PM collection cup from Mike. I was going to get the 200 but decided to get the 250 since it wasn't that much more and it leaves me wide open to upgrade to a way bigger tank in the future.
Old 01/05/2008, 05:20 PM
Registered Member

My skimmer just arrived!! Man this thing is big and built like a tank! I can't wait to get it going.
Old 01/05/2008, 06:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jetdrvr
My skimmer just arrived!! Man this thing is big and built like a tank! I can't wait to get it going.
Welcome to the club! Keep us posted on your results.
Old 01/06/2008, 06:26 PM
I think I love my tank

I just got my 200 put together and took it for a test drive and have a problem.
I am gravity feeding it via my overflow. When I turn my return pump on the skimmer fills to the point of overflowing the collection cup. I tried lowering the water level in the sump and raising the skimmer above the water line but that does not help.
I took a closer look and noticed the T fitting on the riser tube is at the same level as the water line in the collection cup. I then noticed the picture in the first post of this thread and saw the riser tube is much shorter than the one on mine. I think I have answered my own question but before I take a hack saw to my new $900 skimmer I would like some reassurance. Will cutting down the riser tube solve this problem? If so, how short should I go and will I be able to make fine adjustments after?
Longnose Hawkfish
Magnificent Rabbitfish
Diamond Goby
Blond Naso Tang
Bluechin Trigger

I got the poo on me.
Old 01/06/2008, 06:37 PM
Registered Member

I cut mine down to 7inches.
You can see axactly were the tee on my 200 sits
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...5&pagenumber=1

My water level sits about an inch below were the cup and the body meet.
Old 01/06/2008, 06:37 PM
Registered Member

Can you get a picture before you cut?
Old 01/06/2008, 07:45 PM
I think I love my tank

Thanks for the info. I got it cut down and she is running just fine now. I'll take some pics once I get it into it final position.
Longnose Hawkfish
Magnificent Rabbitfish
Diamond Goby
Blond Naso Tang
Bluechin Trigger

I got the poo on me.
Old 01/07/2008, 09:58 AM
Registered Member

I have a 220g FOWLR tank with a 70g sump. which one would be better for me the 200 or the 250? the tank does have big fish in it(triggers and angles) Thanks for the info
Old 01/07/2008, 10:39 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by treny
I have a 220g FOWLR tank with a 70g sump. which one would be better for me the 200 or the 250? the tank does have big fish in it(triggers and angles) Thanks for the info
If you don't plan on going any larger, I very confident that the 200 can handle your bioload IMO. The 200 is not a small skimmer by any means.
Old 01/08/2008, 12:51 AM
Registered Member

I finally got my skimmer up and running today. For now I have the valve wide open until it starts to break in.
Mike from Reef Specialty really helped me out alot to get this thing up and running the right way. If anyone on here wants to buy one of these call Mike. He has the best prices Ive seen and really knows what he doing. I will try to get some pics and post them tomorrow.
Old 01/09/2008, 02:08 PM
Registered Member

pics

Here are a couple pics:

The valve is still wide open for break in.