Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Central Ohio Reef Aquarists (CORA)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/08/2007, 06:07 PM
We'll get 'em next year!

Oh My God! Me-Chicken is O-2! Can you believe it?

To get SPANKED like that @ home against a Pac-10 team is down right embarrasing!!!
And I LOVE it
Old 09/08/2007, 06:21 PM
Registered Member

I watched the game also; I was thinking how rather embarrassing for the big 10 conference though.
Old 09/08/2007, 07:01 PM
Premium Member

Exactly. Were looking weak Have been since we were 1 and 2.

But I would give that Pac 10 team some credit. They are pretty good and Would probably beat us right now too.

O'well... On with the Michigan Butt whoopins!!

Maybe 0-3??
Old 09/08/2007, 08:27 PM
Registered Member

Where is the michigan fan??? You know who.....
Old 09/09/2007, 08:51 AM
OSU Who?Catch Me If U Can

Yeah yeah I am here... Oregon looked good and should have been ranked. Michigan just could not put anything together. They loked good comng out on the first drive then Henne threw a interception and it was pretty much all down hill from there. Not to mention Hart suffering a leg injury, Henne getting hurt, and Long getting hurt all three which are captains. I wil say though that Mallet has some impressive High School stats but was not looking that hot yesterday. Like I told my buddy yesterday who goes to OSU, Michigan could loose every game this year until the OSU game and could win. Thats one thing I have never relied on was how they played that season (both teams) as we all know the "Big Game" always has some sort of a twist to it.
Old 09/09/2007, 10:54 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bcollins111900
Not to mention Hart suffering a leg injury, Henne getting hurt
They were already down 32-7 when those guys come off the field crying!
Old 09/09/2007, 11:28 AM

Agh yes, just solidifies why I hate OSU so much... certain fans. Just because they were down does not mean a comeback could not have happened. Hart which still played had over 100 yards
Old 09/09/2007, 11:34 AM
Premium Member

32-7 late in the second half... Come on man. I watched the game, not read about it on Espn.com... They were beat.

Hart and Henne should have come off BEFORE they got hurt.
Old 09/09/2007, 11:41 AM

I watched the game to... on ABC which struck me as odd I may add. Big Ten Network last week had the Michigan Appilachian State game on but this week the game was on ABC. Sort of odd? Teams have come back from worse. Still Michigan has no "D" and the "O" did not show up as well. There are many weapons on "O" Henne, Hart, Manningham, Arrington, Long, and so on but for "D" 8 new starters is a joke. Put the pom pom girls in on "D" lol.
Old 09/09/2007, 12:04 PM
Professional somedays

I'm really worried. Ok mich losing one game to unranked team in a diff division is funny. Sometimes you have jitters as a team and it just doesn't work out. However, this loss has me scared b/c the Big 10 as a whole is not looking terribly competitive.
Old 09/09/2007, 12:10 PM

Yeah another great point. it was nice to see Penn State win over Notre Dame and Wisconsin win but yeah it does not look good for the big ten.
Old 09/09/2007, 12:11 PM
Premium Member

Pac 10 ~ Big Ten match up and what (should have) been a good one.

I was glad it was on ABC... HDTV!

Michigan vs Appalachian State state was a division 2 game.

Like I said, oregon has a good team and would have probably beat OSU too. They were on a roll last year but fell apart for a few different reasons. But damn, Michigan looked as bad as they did in the Rose Bowl. (and OSU in the NC.) There is no good reason they could not put up more then 7 points. Those injuries were no excuse. We should not even need to metion that they were DAMN lucky that Oregon only put up 39. It could have been 59!

I think Michigans problems run deeper than just Carr.

Hate certain OSU fans if you want but atleast we tell it like it is.
You wernt going to win that game the same as we wont win all of ours. The way our O looks right now we will probably come back from Seattle with our tail between our legs too.

As a Side Note: The 32-point loss was Michigan's worst since losing 50-14 at Ohio State in 1968.
Old 09/09/2007, 12:52 PM
We'll get 'em next year!

Treg what kind of Buckeye are you?
The Ducks would have probably be OSU too??
We will probably come back from Seattle with our tail between our legs too?
Damn man... glad you're not giving the pre-game speach...
Is it just me or does this team kinda remind you of the 2002 team? Both teams have had close wins against lesser opponents (remember Cincinnati?) neither team won pretty but finds a way to win.
And Brian, c-mon man, MeChicken was flat out BEAT! Beat like a drum! Beat like a red-head step child. Beat like well... you seen it. Right?
Old 09/09/2007, 12:55 PM

lol, beat yes. Losing by 1 or 100 is a loss. But i do agree with Treg on the Ducks beating OSU and the Washington game prediction and these decisions are not based on the fact that I am a Michigan fan either. Washington is a good team but Oregon is better.
Old 09/09/2007, 02:09 PM
We'll get 'em next year!

Of course you do Brian I wouldn't expect anything else.
100? Sounds like Carr's quote after the game...
"...And there is nothing, there is nothing, that can keep me down. Not a loss to Appalachian State, not a loss to Oregon. Not a hundred losses. And not the loss of my job..."
The arrogance, the audacity, the smugness , it's one thing to be smart arse when you are winning, it's just repugnant when you are 0-2
Old 09/09/2007, 03:51 PM
Premium Member

Come on Now. I'm a fan thru and thru! Win or Lose!
I'm hard on my guys with nothin but Love man.

I spent $200 this weekend on apperal AFTER that UGLY game!

Those Ducks probably would have beat our Bucks in the 2nd week of 2007. I say that with optimism.

Week 8? I hope that doesnt hold true.

Saying the Ducks look good does NOT mean I do not totally enjoy UM being 0-2. Because I do.

I just wish those were conference losses!

Porky, You honestly dont think were in a little bit of trouble?

Reminisce to 2002? No. Not me anyway. We had an O team in 02'...
Old 09/09/2007, 06:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by porky
Both teams have had close wins against lesser opponents (remember Cincinnati?) neither team won pretty but finds a way to win.
Hey now, don't be callin' my Bearcats a lesser team...
...they could probably beat Michigan right now!!!

They will break into the top 25 this year...

Sagarin has them ranked 21st (OSU is 19th), and they actually got votes in both polls last week.

Plus with ranked opponents Rutgers, Louisville coming soon and WV in November, UC will have every shot it could ask for to crack into the top 25.
Old 09/09/2007, 06:52 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by seandanekind
Hey now, don't be callin' my Bearcats a lesser team...
...they could probably beat Michigan right now!!!

As could your average high school junior varsity squad, I think.
Old 09/11/2007, 08:33 AM
><(//////////////////))o>

Quote:
Originally posted by Treg
Reminisce to 2002? No. Not me anyway. We had an O team in 02'...
Now I really have to disagree with this. Krenzel an "O team"? You have got to be kidding me. Now, Krenzel didn't make many mistakes, which helped, but the reason we won in '02 was our solid defense led by Mike Doss. I was at every home game plus the National Championship, and I can tell you in good faith that while we had some offensive moments, our team was by no means an "O team", and we won because of well rounded teamwork, more heavily on defensive side of the game. We had more low-scoring close games that season than anyone could take. And yes, this season is starting to slightly resemble that one.
Old 09/11/2007, 01:54 PM
Premium Member

I didnt mean to imply that in 2002 our offense was Better than or defense. My apology.

Doss... AJ Hawk!

I admitt, I wasnt at every home game. I wasnt at ANY home game, or the NC game. But for the life of me I cant remember out of all the 2002 games that I (only) watched on tv where we had 5 turn overs... Or only scored 3 points in a half against a MAC team! A bad MAC team at that!
It was raining... theres my excuse.

And how quickly we have forgot about Nugent, Maurice Clarett, Michael Jenkins? Ross, Gamble...

I'd take Craig Krenzel back in a New York minute compared to what I've seen from our current QB's. If these guys cant get it together were in trouble!!

2002 opened with a 45-21 win over Texas Tech and a 51-17 win over Kent State.

I'm struggling to find the similarities.

Hey, It's still early! I've got all the hopes in the world too, just like you guys!

The running game has a lot of potential, maybe it can get us by until the passing game comes along.

I've been a big fan of Chris Wells since he hit the field last year. That guy is a brick house! He reminds me of Eddie.

Sain is Insane! I cant wait to see him mature.

NC bound tho? In 2007? High Hopes with what was on the field last weekend...
Old 09/11/2007, 02:57 PM
We'll get 'em next year!

If you remember 2002, then you remember a LOT of those points were scored by the defense that was out of this world!
When I said they are reminiscent of the '02 I simply meant that both teams strength is their defense. Both teams started pretty low pre-season rankings. Both have 5th year seniors as starting QB's. Both also win/won ugly a lot of times. Am I saying they will win the National Championship? Well... I think they're gonna "win it all" EVERY year!
And Chris Wells could be a dominant force, if they let him. I remember hearing about this kid in high school, he was gonna "make us all forget ALL about Clarett" well I'm still waiting. I think the biggest problem is that Beanie is NOT given enough carries. Wells is the type of back that needs 20-30 carries to get going and unfortunately with our current "Pee Wee" League Football mentality (everyone gets to play) we'll never get that. And I'm sorry buy why are we running Maurice Wells up the middle? That guy should be running sweep plays to the outside.
I've said it before and I'll say it again... Tressel and Bollman are offensive retards!
Old 09/11/2007, 03:13 PM
Premium Member

True. And were not even forcing turnovers this year, yet.

Points well taken.

Isnt Boeckman a Junior?

When we win the NC this year you'll have bragging rights at calling it first.

Quote:
And I'm sorry buy why are we running Maurice Wells up the middle? That guy should be running sweep plays to the outside.
I'm just not impressed with this guy yet. Maybe its like you say and they have him running where he shouldnt but the guy just doesnt "do it" for me... Maybe its his size or the Florida attitude... Maybe its just the hair.
Old 09/11/2007, 03:36 PM
We'll get 'em next year!

I think Beockman is a 5th year senior, I think...
I like Mo' Wells, I really do, he is a junior and has put in his time. I just think that, like Beanie, the coaching staff doesn't know how to best utilize him. He should be running sweeps off tackle, catching passed out of the back feild and/or returning punts. But NOT running up the gut, there is nothing wrong with 3 yards and a cloud of dust, as long as you get the 3 yards.
I think the same thing is gonna happen w/Wells unless they starting using him the POWER back type plays.
If you and I can figure it out why can't the coaches? It's not rocket science
Old 09/11/2007, 03:45 PM
Always a Buckeye

Boeckman is a 5th year JUNIOR. He "grayshirted" then redshirted, then sat behind Troy for 2 years. He will be back next year.