Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Responsible Reefkeeping
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12/13/2007, 05:24 PM
Registered Member

Question Greenhouse emmisions.........are we doomed by 2050

Hi guys, I’m from Tasmania - Australia, as you might have heard if emissions rise up to between 450 - 500 and a 2deg temperature rise by 2050......are we doomed? The big question eah!!

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=336637

I mean there is plenty we can do as a fellow hobbyist but what can we do as a community to reduce the impact on our reefs?

Are there going to be fewer and fewer of us taking up the hobby, because were not going to be able to take specimens from the ocean for ever? Will the average hobbyist take to fragging specimens? Is it going to become an industry of fragging?

I know in my lifetime im goning to see some dramatic changes in the industry, i know some of you may have already.

Ok here’s the question - where do you see the reef keeping industry in say 10 - 20yrs? The changes i have seen in the last 4 years of reef keeping is incredible let alone 10 - 20! what can we acheive together?

Would love to hear some feedback from some fellow enthusiasts.

Thanks

Ryan
Rio 2600 on a Scwd return

LIGHTING
4x36w Pl
2x30w PC
Lotts of natrual sunlight