Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/11/2007, 12:57 PM
Premium Member

Looking forward to the same..
Old 12/11/2007, 06:52 PM
Master of Funk

After some troubleshooting, I have found that the Tunze pump was not at fault for my problem, but rather a broken powerstrip. Even through my trouble shooting, Roger told me several times that he was more than willing to test and replace the pump.

I'm 100% confident that he will do everything in his power to help you.
Old 12/11/2007, 07:02 PM
Registered Member

out of the 5 tunze streams ive owned 2 of them went out. Roger took care of them NO questions asked, absolutly NO hassles. He even sent me a free updated shroud for one of my 6200s.

I'm sure your pumps will be taken care of.
Old 12/11/2007, 07:26 PM
Grampa Extroardinaire

Quote:
Originally posted by Ritten
I'm very happy with the service.

X2 Kellie

Roger has always been very responsive and helpful

Too old for women to care
Old 12/11/2007, 08:43 PM
lift it up tallways

I've gotta say,

I thought it was common knowledge that Roger is the go-to guy for Tunze in the USA, and that his service is legendary.

I can't believe that you didn't know about the tunze forum, or to contact Roger. Then you've got the balls to post on a forum that is funded by sponsors (Tunze USA) with a title like this.

The thing that puzzles me is that any tiny amount of research at all would have lead you to Roger, or at least the Tunze forum. You don't need to drag their name through the mud in order to get service. It's part of the package, and that's why the price is where it is. They stand by their product 100%

The sad thing is, many people will read this thread because the title seems very odd. Not normally 2 words that you see together.
Old 12/11/2007, 08:55 PM
Registered Member

Roger was great. My nano 6045 had a broken clip and without a question (other than how many do I need), he sent me the upgraded clip. Great service!!!
Old 12/11/2007, 09:44 PM
Premium Member

I think it's a bit unfair that the originator of this thread did not post anything about Roger's response (which he received in less than an hour)...so I will:

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...readid=1269277
Old 12/11/2007, 10:50 PM
Reefer

Thanks for the link Craig.

Joyce
Old 12/12/2007, 12:03 AM
Girls Rule!

Roger has also been very nice to me. My nanostreams had the old style clamp and broke twice. Both times he sent me replacements right away and updated my clamps to the new design. Bc of how they treated me I bought there auto top-off unit instead of the JBJ one.

Thanks Roger and Tunze!
Old 12/12/2007, 02:05 AM
Premium Member

I went with streams over vortechs for the simple reason that the product has been on the market and is proven and the fact that I could not find one negative comment about the products or the service from roger.
Old 12/12/2007, 02:34 AM
Always Learning

Hopefully you will get this worked out, maybe check electrical systems as they can have problems when a lot of power goes through them. It can be frustrating when you have problems consistently with one thing.

Patience is the best remedy for every trouble.
Titus Maccius Plautus (254 BC - 184 BC), Rudens
Old 12/12/2007, 03:36 AM
TRC Leader

Quote:
Originally posted by Ewan
You don't need to drag their name through the mud in order to get service. It's part of the package, and that's why the price is where it is. They stand by their product 100%
Wow - I think I found a new signature line!
Old 12/12/2007, 04:02 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by melev
Wow - I think I found a new signature line!
I AGREE!!
Old 12/12/2007, 07:30 AM
Generic Member

I've only owned 3 Tunzes. I had a 6000/7091 for two years on my old system, and have a pair of 6100s and a 7095 on my current system. They have been flawless. I have had a couple if inquiries to Roger and he has always been very responsive. cant imagine much better.
Old 12/12/2007, 07:45 AM
Registered Member

I wanted to make sure and mention Marine Depot in this thread. I called them first because that is where I bought my Tunze. "Guido" (spelling") from Marine Depot contacted Roger immediately who then called me immediately. Customer service does not get much better than that.
Old 12/12/2007, 08:07 AM
Registered Member

who cares how good the customer service is. when u pay the kind of money for tunze they should not break within the first year.my0.02
Old 12/12/2007, 08:32 AM
Registered Member

You would be caring about customer service, if Tunze told you " you were out of luck on a return." Tunze has had some problems with some products. The way they have delt with them, is why they are an outstanding company.
Old 12/12/2007, 08:56 AM
Roughneck

Old 12/12/2007, 09:17 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by reef2
who cares how good the customer service is. when u pay the kind of money for tunze they should not break within the first year.my0.02
You know what? You are absolutely correct! Unfortunately products can still make it to the consumer that don't meet your (or their) expectations though. I work for a tool company that has an excellent reputation in a very specialized field. ALMOST all of the tools we sell have exceeded expectations. There have been a few that did not. Was it because we did it on purpose? No way! We always do extensive testing on our tools before approving them for sale but sometimes no matter how much testing is done the real world throws you a curve ball. It is these situations and how a company reacts that matters most. Sure, if most or all their products are bad then it doesn't matter but I don't think thats the case with Tunze.
Old 12/12/2007, 09:40 AM
Premium Member

Ewan, Craig, and others...

If you had read the complete thread. You would of noticed the 4th post. Where I stated that I missed the Tunze forum, My Bad.

You would of also noticed the 14th post, where I got ahold of roger and will keep you posted.

Also thanks for linking the two threads then you can all follow the progress...

I admit I came in a little hot under the collar. After the new pump quit working. I also understand how products can fail. I don't know if Tunze manufactures the pumps or has them manufactured by an outside source, Roger??? I to use outside vendors to produce some of our company's printing. The quality control can be out of your hands at that point...

I to bought the Tune's because they were an expensive top notch product???

I'm sure we will come to some sort of an agreement...

Thanks for all the comments, Rick
Old 12/12/2007, 10:17 AM
lift it up tallways

I read that Rick. I'm glad you found the forum after posting. As I said though, I really thought everyone knew. It's a big investment, and most people would need the extra security from reading the threads in the tunze forum before making that big of a purchase.

There is still value in your pumps, and I'm sure you'll see that once Tunze USA helps repair the pumps for you. For most, their customer service is the main selling point. They shouldn't have failed in such a short time frame, but I'm confident that they'll make it right.

Earl Nightingale said it best:
Only share your problems with those who can fix them.
Old 12/12/2007, 10:21 AM
Respek!

Ewan,

Slightly off topic: How many times have you had to deal with warranty issues for a Tunze or Giesemann product? Without question Roger is great in the US but I've now had to deal with Phil at Xenia (Canadian, and in some cases US, distributor for several German products including Tunze, Giesemann, Deltec, PolypLab and Rowa) for Tunze problems and Giesemann problems and he is, without question, the least professional person I've ever had the displeasure of having to deal with. He has solely destroyed any confidence I have in imported German products because his customer service is so pathetic. And now that I've had my problems with him and researched his track record I've found this is fairly typical (according to numerous sources).

To be clear: Roger in the US is incredibly diligent in dealing with warranty issues with respect to Tunze products. But I want people in Canada to be aware that the same support is not available. I made the mistake of assuming that Roger's professionalism was typical of Tunze - it's not. It's Roger who is great.

And yes this is me venting to people who can't solve my problems I'm just really angry about repeatedly being lied to.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ewan
I've gotta say,

I thought it was common knowledge that Roger is the go-to guy for Tunze in the USA, and that his service is legendary.

I can't believe that you didn't know about the tunze forum, or to contact Roger. Then you've got the balls to post on a forum that is funded by sponsors (Tunze USA) with a title like this.

The thing that puzzles me is that any tiny amount of research at all would have lead you to Roger, or at least the Tunze forum. You don't need to drag their name through the mud in order to get service. It's part of the package, and that's why the price is where it is. They stand by their product 100%

The sad thing is, many people will read this thread because the title seems very odd. Not normally 2 words that you see together.

"mens sana in corpore sano"
Old 12/12/2007, 10:37 AM
Premium Member

Canadian,

One of the reasons I was a little upset was the fact.... I went to Tunze's web site for help, e-mailed them twice with my concerns about the problems I was having. They NEVER answered either attempts. If I had not learned about Roger through Reef Central, I to would of been left out in the cold....

Makes you wonder??? Maybe some of the Tunze owners should try the web site to see if they really care....
Old 12/12/2007, 10:38 AM
Registered Member

I bought few nanostreams and althought they work great the clamps that hold the nanostream have caused me all sort of headache from broken the tabs to clamps broke in half. Sure Roger was great at sending the replacement, first time within 2 days I received new clams, second times almost 2 weeks, 3rd times here it has been more than 2 weeks and I have not see the new clamps yet. Should I be upset like the thread starter?
Please give him a break as he invested 3000 dollars for 6 pumps and only 3 are working.
Old 12/12/2007, 10:53 AM
lift it up tallways

Quote:
Originally posted by Canadian
Ewan,

Slightly off topic: How many times have you had to deal with warranty issues for a Tunze or Giesemann product? Without question Roger is great in the US but I've now had to deal with Phil at Xenia (Canadian, and in some cases US, distributor for several German products including Tunze, Giesemann, Deltec, PolypLab and Rowa) for Tunze problems and Giesemann problems and he is, without question, the least professional person I've ever had the displeasure of having to deal with. He has solely destroyed any confidence I have in imported German products because his customer service is so pathetic. And now that I've had my problems with him and researched his track record I've found this is fairly typical (according to numerous sources).

To be clear: Roger in the US is incredibly diligent in dealing with warranty issues with respect to Tunze products. But I want people in Canada to be aware that the same support is not available. I made the mistake of assuming that Roger's professionalism was typical of Tunze - it's not. It's Roger who is great.

And yes this is me venting to people who can't solve my problems I'm just really angry about repeatedly being lied to.
It's funny you should mention that Andrew...

I've been on Hiatus in the USA for 6 years. My wife and I just moved back to Canada a year ago, and I've been trying to get a clip for a broken nanostream through Xenia North America for the last little while.

The difference is extreme. Roger is quick to reply, and I've yet to hear from Phil. I'm not going to vent here, but I'll agree with you.
You'll notice that I mentioned Tunze USA in my posts above... The USA is there for a reason.

My nanostream is a super-glue eyesore. That's probably why I clicked on this thread in the first place... I pm'd Roger immediately when it broke, and he told me I had to go through Phil. I probably won't buy any more Tunze products in Canada. I'm after the vortechs for the very reason you mention.

However, the Americans should take advantage.
Roger, how'd you like to move to Canada?