Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > Corallimorpharians

Old 08/23/2007, 11:09 AM
So little time

Some Ricordia yumas :D

I've been slowly getting back to softies and LPS lately (of course still sps) after the last incident I had. Here are a few Ricordia yuma's I have.

Enjoy.

Blue Yuma

Multicolor Yuma

Blue with orange tip Yuma
Old 08/23/2007, 11:15 AM
Ricordea ¤ Addict

Nice yumas! I've be trying to get a local guy to sell me one of his blue and orange yumas for a while now with no luck. He says he's interested in selling one and then flakes out... ARGH! I want one bad.

I am a proud member of the Chesapeake Marine Aquaria Society (CMAS). If you're in the Maryland area check us out!
Old 08/23/2007, 11:23 AM
Wet Hand Club of Chicago

Very nice colors. The middle one is intense

------------------------------------------------
If you work on a lobster boat, sneaking up behind someone and pinching him is probably a joke that gets old real fast
Old 08/23/2007, 12:10 PM
Premium Supreme Member

I love the blue yuma in your first pic. Looks very similar to my favorite ric in my tank, mint green/purple one, the color of the tips are different color.
Old 08/23/2007, 02:26 PM
So little time

thanks for the comments everyone.

Here's a picture of a different group blue/orange yuma (all the from the same bunch). This group of is under an overhang, so it gets shaded light.

I noticed that the yuma's color up better from indirect light or is it just me and my system...?

I placed one where it gets direct strong lighting and it melted
Old 08/23/2007, 02:58 PM
Reefer

Rics are my fav coral Hands Down.

Yours are beautiful!

I also noticed that the Rics dont tolerate strong lite well. However, it also depends on how much light they are 'used to' .

My first rics (yuma) were melting under the PCs! I moved them to the bottom of the tank, and kinda to a corner, now they are happy.

Let us know when you frag.....

Good Luck
Jessica
Old 08/24/2007, 02:37 PM
Registered Member

Man, I must be lucky... one of my LFS here gets awesome yumas all the time for pretty good prices... I've got a couple green and purple ones, 2 x 3" orange and blue ones, and a 5" bright yellow yuma with purple tips... all for no more than $100 bucks
Old 09/04/2007, 11:39 AM
Premium Supreme Member

If you don't mind me asking, how much was for the blue yuma? I saw one in the LFS, and the owner was charging some ridiculous price for it. PM the price if you want to be discreet. I just want to know if this guy is trying to rip me or is it the market price. I have a feeling he is trying to rip me though.
Old 09/04/2007, 12:05 PM
So little time

@chris, that is a good deal =)

jim, pm replied.
Old 09/05/2007, 02:32 PM
Premium Supreme Member

Thanks.

I just went to the LFS and got the same blue/purple yuma in your pic. It is a gorgeous yuma. But it was really really pricey just like yours. Mine came unattached, but the LFS owner wouldn't even budge on the price...that was a bummer.

Do you happen to know where these are coming from? They don't look like the usual yumas. These have giant bumps and a different coloration than the rest of the yumas I've seen. I'm thinking this is all from a specific region. I have a very similar one as this one. But it is cool green bumps with purple and red body, it is ridiculous.
Old 09/06/2007, 09:22 PM
Premium Supreme Member

Nevermind, my purple yuma just started melting. I'm ****ed. I knew I should not have bought it because of the store's handling of this yuma. But I took a chance and it didn't work.
Old 09/06/2007, 11:25 PM
So little time

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo327
Thanks.

I just went to the LFS and got the same blue/purple yuma in your pic. It is a gorgeous yuma. But it was really really pricey just like yours. Mine came unattached, but the LFS owner wouldn't even budge on the price...that was a bummer.

Do you happen to know where these are coming from? They don't look like the usual yumas. These have giant bumps and a different coloration than the rest of the yumas I've seen. I'm thinking this is all from a specific region. I have a very similar one as this one. But it is cool green bumps with purple and red body, it is ridiculous.
I believe mine is from Bali. Not positive though. Yup, they are pricey suckers. One of the reasons why I stopped purchasing them several years ago. The other is cause they got eaten by a eunice worm, so he had a several thousand dollar meal. That sounds like a sweet one you got, any pics?

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo327

Nevermind, my purple yuma just started melting. I'm ****ed. I knew I should not have bought it because of the store's handling of this yuma. But I took a chance and it didn't work.
Ah man, that sucks! Sorry to hear. I hate when that happens. Maybe next time you'll find a hardier piece.
Old 09/07/2007, 09:51 AM
Premium Supreme Member

I didn't even have any time to take pictures. It melted on me the next day. It was unattached when I bought it, and that should have sent alarm bells to my head. But I took the risk and got burned. Sucks.
Old 09/07/2007, 01:06 PM
Registered Member

Wow... The blue one and multicolor one is nice... Dun get these in our area...
Old 09/13/2007, 08:57 PM
Registered Member

very nice yumas!