Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Central Oklahoma Marine Aquarium Society
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/09/2008, 10:16 AM
My Life for Aiur!

For Those That Travel Far for LFSs...

The passing weekend was our time to visit family that we didn't get to during the holidays. Of course, since we were in Tulsa, we had to hit the LFS's as always. For those that travel to Tulsa fairly often, here are some updates for you.

Ultimate Reefs
Yes, as the rumor has it, Ultimate Reefs is no longer in business--with a retail store front. I got to talk to Shane briefly before he had to move on getting things finished. He looked very happy with a lot of stress of having a store front gone. It was good to see him smile. He had said that he plans on visiting the forums more often and even getting to attend various OMAS and COMAS meetings. Though he doesn't have a store front now, don't worry. He is still living the wet life by continuing with all his maintenance account. And if you see Coralmedic around the boards, give him a hearty hello. Though we're losing a valued retailer in the Tulsa area, we're very glad that you're keeping your hands wet.

Premier Aquatics
Nothing really too major to report here. As always, Scott K. is trucking along nicely with his store. Lots of fish, inverts, and corals of all shapes, sizes, and kinds are available in plenty of quantity. I've seen a lot of specialties at the shop, too, such as a Yellow Band Angelfish (Pomacanthus maculosus) from the Red Sea. In addition to his store front being updated as always, he's also had a email newsletter for those that sign up. Scott's unique touch makes a good laugh reading it for updates on the store.

Aquarium Oddballs
Last but not least, Aquarium Oddballs has had some major changes, though most of it isn't apparent at first. He's got his shelves full of a wide range of dry goods and has his large coral and fish selection as always. Even had a couple Tassled File Fish (Chaetoderma pencilligera) when I went in there. But that isn't the largest update. After a long down time, his website is back up and running. Though it seems to be a work in progress with goods to be purchased, Aquarium Oddballs is in exceptional working order and I'm sure it won't be long until you can browse the pages for updates before making the long trip in.

I hope that helped those that have some Frequent Flyer Miles on their hands. I enjoy travelling and looking through all the stores. I need to head down to OKC so I can tell the Tulsa group about what they're missing there
Old 01/11/2008, 12:15 AM
Registered Member

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the "not much" - BTW how many frags did you get for free for the post? Amazing that the majority of stores don't support clubs isn't it?????????????????
Old 01/11/2008, 12:24 AM
OMAS VP

Quote:
Originally posted by scott0615
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the "not much" - BTW how many frags did you get for free for the post? Amazing that the majority of stores don't support clubs isn't it?????????????????
I have never seen a yellow band angelfish before.
Old 01/11/2008, 12:32 AM
OMAS VP

http://www.seaworld.org/wild-world/s...-angelfish.jpg

Awesome fish.
Old 01/11/2008, 08:41 AM
Registered Member

Thank You for the Tulsa update there are lots of people whom don't get a chance to go to Tulsa offten but would like to stay in the loop .

COMING 2008: CATCH THE CRASE part 2

COMAS Social Directors
Old 01/11/2008, 02:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by scott0615
Wow Scott are you always this friendly? Man Travis thanks for the update!!! Glad all is well at the stores running in Tulsa and the link to Oddballs website!!!
108 Tanganyikan
29 Oceanic Biocube Salt tank
10 Whatever my little one wants in it
10 Hospital/Fry Grow out
2.5Ram snails & cherry shrimp