Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment

Old 12/26/2007, 11:32 PM
Registered Member

I feed my RC 135 with a maxijet powerhead. Low cost, low watts, and it gets the job done. I also had lots of spares after I ditched them and splurged on Tunzes....
Old 01/03/2008, 03:56 PM
Registered Member

Hey,
I have a CS8-2. It has not working so great lately. The bubbles at the top of the skimmer cone are very small and are not becoming any larger at all. I do not understand why its doing this because as I look on this thread I see that people's skimmers are taking out crazy amounts of gunk, but mines isnt. Has anyone had this problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ali

"I'll believe it when I see it"
Old 01/03/2008, 03:56 PM
Registered Member

Hey,
I have a CS8-2. It has not working so great lately. The bubbles at the top of the skimmer cone are very small and are not becoming any larger at all. I do not understand why its doing this because as I look on this thread I see that people's skimmers are taking out crazy amounts of gunk, but mines isnt. Has anyone had this problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ali

"I'll believe it when I see it"
Old 01/03/2008, 04:06 PM
Registered Member

I have an old ER 6-1 and my pump just died. I've prefer to stay away from the Gen-X or Sedra pumps. What else is out there that I can use. I'd like to mesh mod whatever I get.
Old 01/03/2008, 04:34 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ASaleem91
Hey,

Thanks,
Ali
How long has it been running?
If you have a picture of it running it might help us also

Jason
Old 01/03/2008, 07:15 PM
Registered Member

Any new designs going on with ER. Do you think they will ever make a cone shaped skimmer?
Old 01/03/2008, 07:59 PM
out of work reefer...

been looking at a rc750 but I have heard some bad things about the pumps in the fourms as to the replacement cost of the pumps
Old 01/12/2008, 04:17 AM
Registered Member

I just got my new RS80 and I think something is up with the pump.

It's extremely loud and makes a humming/whirring type sound, even when on a silicone pad. I took a look at the pinwheel and magnet and compared them to my friends RS80's and they look fine.

Also i'm really not getting any bubbles, well very few bubbles compared to my friends RS80 I borrowed when I was deciding on a skimmer.

Man, after all the trouble trying to order an Octopus NW150 and then finally saying "screw it" and picking this up, it's just so disapointing.

I know the skimmer has to break in, but it should be making a ton more bubbles.

I know it's not my setup either, as when I borrowed my friends I had the thing totally dialed it in and it was kicking *** pulling all kinds of nasty skimmate. His is also 100% quieter than mine.

Any tips on what may be the problem or what to look out for?
Old 01/12/2008, 04:24 AM
TRC Leader

It sounds like the venturi is closed or blocked in some way.