Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Chicagoland Marine Aquarium Society (CMAS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/11/2007, 08:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by canar
"Ye tho I walk through the valley of rice.... I fear no turbo...for torque are with me."
Ya know, I would find this much funnier if I didn't have a 19 psi turbo bolted to a 2.0L 4cyl.
Old 11/11/2007, 08:36 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by madadi
i don't think ill have enough room in the tank for all the frags i win if i bring the supra. i don't care what your running with
Supra? Did someone say Supra? What year and all of that good stuff? Got pictures for us to look at? I always wanted a Supra, just never had the time and energy to hunt one down.
Old 11/11/2007, 08:57 PM
Missing in Action???

Quote:
Originally posted by badazztealcobra
If we're waiting till spring it wont be much fun, I'll be going home with all the frags.

Well give us some of the modificatios
Chasis?
Motor?
Trans?
what kinda times you run this years?

The guy I work for took his stock Mercedes with 400 miles onit to the track and ran 12.3
that was pretty cool to see
Old 11/11/2007, 11:46 PM
Registered Member

i rean my car the last day of test and tune at 66 and ran a 13.7 all day long in my stock 1998 ls1 trans am. it has a 2.73 rear end and 16 ich rims which help me with having no torque for the gear. i had a top speed of 104 which was awesome "thanks gear". i would love to go out and run again b/c last time i had 200 pounds of subs and extra stuff also i had a full tank of gas.

were are we all thinking of going 41?
Old 11/12/2007, 12:36 AM
Tank Collector

Quote:
Originally posted by canar
"Ye tho I walk through the valley of rice.... I fear no turbo...for torque are with me."
CLASSIC..... Although the torque that a motor puts out when it has a turbo on it is insane, hence why I will have one by next spring if all goes right.

I usually stick with the age old saying "There's no RE-placement for DIS-placement."

You should be able to tell what year my car is by my screename... they only came in that color one year.

DEFINITELY not stock..... Got all the usual stuff, just will have a hair dryer attached to it come spring time... Im actually going to yank the motor in the next week or two go go over it and replace all the gaskets and get it ready for the boost to come. Last time it was at the track was 2 years ago, so I havent been in awhile myself.... Damn stupid mortgage payment.

Last time there it went 13.0 at 104.60 mph.... Since then I threw in TFS TW stages 2+ heads by TEA, TFS camshaft, 3.73 gears, and had my upper and lower intakes ported and polished. I'm also runnign a set or Nitto DR's on the back of it, so if I had to guess id say 12.4 (give or take a tenth) as it sits right now.... It'll be a mid-low 10 second car with the turbo on it.

I fired it up on Saturday when Saleenpwr came by to show it to him..... Sounds completely stock.

I hate not being able to drive it... Stupid winter.

Atleast my new plates finally came in.....

Last edited by badazztealcobra; 11/12/2007 at 12:53 AM.
Old 11/12/2007, 02:00 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
[
I
Since then I threw in TFS TW stages 2+ heads by TEA, TFS camshaft, 3.73 gears, and had my upper and lower intakes ported and polished.

[/B]
Why did you waste your time going to Brian tooley all he makes is sewer pipes out of aluminum heads?
Old 11/12/2007, 02:11 AM
Tank Collector

My heads flow great.... The numbers are a smidge under the TFS TW 205 numbers and were actually cheaper.... The work done was flawless, and the numbers were up great at all the lift points, not just some "gaudy" max lift point number and the rest of the numbers suck...

Why wouldnt I have used them if I got an awesome set of heads???

Last edited by badazztealcobra; 11/12/2007 at 02:32 AM.
Old 11/12/2007, 09:40 AM
ghetto retro

Ill race anyone for titles with the mitsubishi eclipse

Just a joke about the only cars i can take in this car are stock civics.
wish i still had my cobra
Old 11/13/2007, 01:22 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
My heads flow great.... The numbers are a smidge under the TFS TW 205 numbers and were actually cheaper.... The work done was flawless, and the numbers were up great at all the lift points, not just some "gaudy" max lift point number and the rest of the numbers suck...

Why wouldnt I have used them if I got an awesome set of heads???
When your heads start to leak just use them as small nano tanks!
Thank god summit racing bought that guy out!!!
Old 11/13/2007, 10:26 PM
Tank Collector

And where is this supposed leak going to start, just so I know where to look...
Old 11/15/2007, 08:52 PM
Registered Member

If the weather permits I'm going to the track (Union Grove) this Sunday. So if you're out there and you see a red IS350, say hi.... unless you're racing me.. then say bye because I'll be leaving you behind very quickly
Old 11/15/2007, 10:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Oblivionis
If the weather permits I'm going to the track (Union Grove) this Sunday. So if you're out there and you see a red IS350, say hi.... unless you're racing me.. then say bye because I'll be leaving you behind very quickly
Good luck on your tests! Post your ET's when you get them. I did some preliminary "test runs" ( ) the other night and I think the pavement is too cold already. My AWD system helped a lot but I could tell that I was slipping a good bit. Something was definitely up as I had to shift to 3rd to hit 60. If that happens on the track I can kiss my high 12 ET goodbye and say hello to the low-mid 13s.

BTW, I think Union Grove rents helmets. You probably should bring one just in case. Like BATC said earlier... you don't want to end up driving all that way for one pass.

Have a good trip man, i'll be at the frag swap this weekend spending the money I was going to use for painting my a-pillars.

Ed
Old 11/18/2007, 08:13 PM
Registered Member

I had a lot of fun out there today. My best run was 13.345 with a reaction time of 0.049 and trap speed of 104.42.
Here is a video of one of my runs:

Last edited by Oblivionis; 11/18/2007 at 08:18 PM.
Old 11/18/2007, 09:35 PM
Tank Collector

Decent numbers..... Shoot up the rest of your times, like 60 foot and 1/8 mile.... be nice to see how the car grabbed for ya...
Old 11/18/2007, 11:06 PM
Registered Member

Not trying to persuade anyone from not going to the track, but with the weather and track conditions that have fallen within the last few weeks everyone needs to be really careful.
Most people don't pay too much attention to the moisture that builds up down track after the sun goes down and the temps drop. I've seen alot of cars crash at us 41 because of this,
Everyone pays more attention to thier 60ft and evaulates that, on how the track is hooking, and that's fine for the first 60 ft but what about the rest ? Fact is theres always more heat in the first 100-150 ft than the rest of the track. Also depends on how many cars are there and that have slicks to help keep heat in it, and if thier spraying down vht or not.
I also know that a car will make more power on a cooler day than a hotter one due to more oxygen getting shoved into the motor , but no one thinks of tire spin that comes with that extra horsepower.
I remember a few years back at Rt.66 when a kid in a brand new firehawk with street tires smacked the wall about 150 ft out and it was 80 degrees that day. He Totaled the car.

As for Me I'll stay with my 8.75 @ 149 mph run at Byron a few 3 weeks ago and wait untill next year to make some more hits.
I'd rather blow up 50 motors than hit the wall once!!
Old 11/18/2007, 11:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Decent numbers..... Shoot up the rest of your times, like 60 foot and 1/8 mile.... be nice to see how the car grabbed for ya...
Almost forgot 1.27 60ft. 5.57 in the 1/8th
Oh yeah its a 91 mustang Renegade car
Old 11/18/2007, 11:27 PM
Missing in Action???

whats a mustang renegade car?
Old 11/18/2007, 11:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by whiirly
whats a mustang renegade car?
Sorry it's a limited rules class in the Nmra.
Old 11/19/2007, 01:55 AM
Tank Collector

Quote:
Originally posted by Crazy One
Not trying to persuade anyone from not going to the track, but with the weather and track conditions that have fallen within the last few weeks everyone needs to be really careful.
Most people don't pay too much attention to the moisture that builds up down track after the sun goes down and the temps drop. I've seen alot of cars crash at us 41 because of this,
Everyone pays more attention to thier 60ft and evaulates that, on how the track is hooking, and that's fine for the first 60 ft but what about the rest ? Fact is theres always more heat in the first 100-150 ft than the rest of the track. Also depends on how many cars are there and that have slicks to help keep heat in it, and if thier spraying down vht or not.
I also know that a car will make more power on a cooler day than a hotter one due to more oxygen getting shoved into the motor , but no one thinks of tire spin that comes with that extra horsepower.
I remember a few years back at Rt.66 when a kid in a brand new firehawk with street tires smacked the wall about 150 ft out and it was 80 degrees that day. He Totaled the car.

As for Me I'll stay with my 8.75 @ 149 mph run at Byron a few 3 weeks ago and wait untill next year to make some more hits.
I'd rather blow up 50 motors than hit the wall once!!
I know, I'm just nosey and like to see all the numbers.
Old 11/20/2007, 12:21 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Here is the rest of the numbers... now how do I get down into 12s for my 1/4?

Old 11/20/2007, 01:23 AM
Tank Collector

I couldnt tell if the car was spinning off the line or if it was the other car.... How was traction ???

The car auto or stick ??? What kind of tires are you running ?? Etc.
Old 11/20/2007, 07:07 AM
Missing in Action???

with his 0 to 60 time being under 2 seconds he probally hooked pretty good
Old 11/20/2007, 09:23 AM
Registered Member

Yeah, it was the other car spinning off the line, my traction was good. I have Dunlop summer performance tires... no issues there. The car is auto (the only way they come.) Since there are virtually no aftermarket performance parts for this car, I'm thinking the only way to make it faster is to reduce some weight. Maybe getting lightweight wheels would do the trick.
I finally got some more videos up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vfw_dGsp0Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI5JlpHgQEA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W64ZDHtyxkI
Old 11/20/2007, 09:24 AM
ghetto retro

I have personally done a low 11 in my 95 cobra but after taking that one to the track i never took the v6 stang to the track or the 97 cobra. Hopefully next summer ill be back with a 93 notch. To the guy who posted about cold tracks and crashes you are absolutely right, a lot of the younger guys specially tend to forget that the track doesnt really have much heat up top. If i go this late in the season i usually like to run after plenty of cars have gone before me. Gives the track a little more time to get warm.
Old 11/20/2007, 09:31 AM
Missing in Action???

you will never get into the 12sec range by just reducing weight
if there are no after market bolt ons yet there will be