Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Used Equipment & Drygoods Selling
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07/08/2005, 10:43 AM
Registered Member

I am interested in complete setup if we can negotiate a better price, I am in nashville ten and guess i would be making a roadtrip, please give me more specs on tank size and pics..thanks!
Old 07/11/2005, 08:48 AM
Royal Bengal Reefer

I couldn't take the pic over the weekend, and will do today or tomorrow. Of course I am up for negotiation. I am hardly able to spend any time on selling as I am also trying to sell my house and that keeping me busy. Anyway, I am up for good offers.
Old 07/29/2005, 03:44 PM
Registered Member

I will take the icecap 660 for $100 plus shipping without the bulbs.

I just need the ballast, heatsink, wiring harness, and endcaps.

PM me.
Chris
Old 08/22/2005, 11:47 AM
Royal Bengal Reefer

Friends!

Yes, I have not sold the tank or anything that goes with it!! yes, it is because of my fault!!! And yes I am very sorry for not being a good salesman!

I have had number of personal and professional level situation which back to back came on the way on selling this tank. I am now at a situation, I have to let it go for the least amount possible. Please verify against each item and it will go around 10,000 but I know I will never get that or even close. We have to move out soon (our house is on the market but we are moving to a very smaller house meanwhile).

I will take 3000 for the entire setup! . you have to pick it up and arrange everything that requires for the move of the entire setup (mover, truck, etc). If you are interested, let me know and you can pick it up this weekend....Saturday!)

Here's the stuff that comes with it again...

I am serious about selling the stuff .... and I know I have lost many of your business due to my delay in response, half &%&% response etc...

This time I am seriously asking for your "BEST OFFER AGAINST MY OFFER (BELOW)". Please pick it up over the weekend.

Please start with my LIVESTOCK!!!

[B]200 Gallon Oceanic Tank (8x2x2)
Custom Stand and Top
(Fan mounted, but never hooked up on the hood...lazy)

-> 1500
I will get the right hight for Stand and Canopy as I stated they were custom. Stand is at least 6" higher than normal stand that comes with Oceanic (at least the one I saw). Canopy also higher.

Tank is painted black in the back and I added some extra holes in the bottom of the overflow with bulkhead and joint piple for added flow (forgot what they are called now)

Also various plumbing (spent over 1000) might be available with the tank as I break it down.

Important: I have to sell the livegoods before tank is available...obviously :-)

4 German Double ended HQI Bulb on Individual Pendent on PFO DE Ballast

4 PFO HQI Pendent = 280
4 DE German Bulbs = 120
2 PFO 250W DE Ballast = 240
(Obviously all the cord and stuff that comes with it)

Icecap 660 Ballast + 2 72" URI Bulbs (SA)

The whole Icecap setup = 150

2 AmpMaster 3K Pump

AmpMaster 3000 = 150
AmpMaster 3000 = 150

2 1" Sea Swirl (with extension)

SeaSwirl 1" with ext = 130
SeaSwirl 1" with ext = 130

2 300Watt Heater (wonpro titanium)

MyReef Stuff

MyReef Sump = 150
MyReef Refugium = 150
MyReef Protein Skimmer (MR2) = 150
MyReef Calcium Reactor (CR1) = 120

Other Misc Stuff

Pump For Reactor (MAG2) = 25
C02 Tank (CO2 in it) = 70
water shut-off system = 10 (not fency)
RO/DI system (old) = 50 (old.. need filter change)
Bunch of Salifert Test kits = 50 (will update type and qty)
Huge Bucket of Red Sea Salt = 20 (200G I think)
Light for Refugium (Jelli cmpt) = 100

LIVESTOCK - 30 lbs minimum order please as the rocks are big

All of my Rock = 1000
Breakdown = 3.99/lbs

I waited almost 4-5 months for these rocks and researched even 6 month prior to reaching my decision. I got the best Marshall Island rock. They are very nice shape and light and big. I mentioned to you that I haven't been taking care of it so I have some unwanted algae, and Aiptasia. But these rocks still shocks me with many surprise growths (good ones). Full of good creatures...worm, stomatella, tiny stars, snail, bugs....(no crab, no mantis and no beast hiding...then again, how do I know ;-) )

Live Sand
Mysterious is all I can describe it as...

100 for the entire collection.
(Once upon a time, in a galaxy far far away, these used to be called Southdown Sand)

Perc Pair and Anemone

I paid for the Rose Anemone only more than this. Need some care as I haven't been taking care of it at all for the last 6-7 months!!!

And these are True Perc (a lot of black in them) but not sure if you can call them Onyx. Matted pair and will spawn in a good home.

Regal Blue Med+

Gramma

Last edited by intekhab; 08/22/2005 at 12:03 PM.
Old 08/22/2005, 12:00 PM
Royal Bengal Reefer

To those I haven't responded to you.... I am sorry for not responding....

My Wife is getting very upset at me for not selling the tank. Actually she feels potential home buyers are probably getting nervous seeing that huge tank in our Living Room. I am honestly eager to let this tank go as I am hearing everyday about it. My loss is your gain.
Old 08/23/2005, 09:45 PM
Registered Member

I'm very interested in the MR2. How old is it? Good working order? Will you ship to Chicago area?
Old 08/24/2005, 10:23 PM
Moved On

is the calcium reactor still for sale?PM ME
Old 08/25/2005, 04:40 PM
Moved On

younever got back to me on the reactor ,

do most ppl on RC not answer ppl ,,,wow ,,
Old 08/25/2005, 05:55 PM
Brace yourself!

Dude if you read the thread you'll see he's super crazy busy and has done that to everyone else.

It's the internet, try not to get to upset.
Old 08/25/2005, 11:34 PM
Moved On

not upset ,,
Old 08/26/2005, 12:14 PM
Royal Bengal Reefer

I am here... (actually as he said, I am super crazy busy)... honestly....

On the other hand, I get a frequent request about individual item, how do they look, dimension and stuff which I need to get. When I go home, one thing lead to another, and don't end up doing it. I will use this weekend and take pictures and dimesnion for you guys.

I wish I could sell the whole thing to somebody who will then turn around sell this ;-) ... Just not design for this selling business. God, buying was so easier... :-D

p.s. Folks, don't forget, I still have the Tank running, so I cannot sell you different parts unless I sell in order (e.g. fish, liverock and so forth)
Old 08/26/2005, 12:46 PM
Brace yourself!

Well since you've been trying to sell the whole thing and noone has managed to come through, maybe you need to take a hard look at breaking it down. It's more trouble but it will be much easier to unload. I would probably go as far as posting a new thread and linking to it here.

I'm still interested in the MRC, just as I was a month or so ago, so keep me posted.

As far as your livestock goes, you need to inventory what you have (if not already thoroughly done), figure out what you'll ship (if anything) then post in the appropriate places (local club boards, regional club boards, etc.). Start taking dibs (with alternate/backups recorded as well) and start selling your livestock. When the livestock is all gone start taking money and shipping equipment. Once the equipment is gone sell the tank. Then count your cash and hand it over to your wife.
Old 08/26/2005, 02:27 PM
Moved On

Or drop the price untill it sells . Or stick it on Ebay with no reserve start the bidding at 1.00 . No kidding ,I've seen someone sell acrylic 240 gallon tanks Start the bidding at 799.00 ( Buy it now 1200.00 )and get 799. for it. start the bidding at 1.00 ( with out the buy it now ) and end up selling for 1300.00. His buy it now price was lower when he started @799.00.
Old 08/30/2005, 09:19 AM
Premium Member

If you did not sell the Percs and the anemone I will buy them from you and I am local.
Old 08/30/2005, 09:22 AM
Brace yourself!

I wouldn't hold my breath trying to buy anthing here.
Old 08/30/2005, 09:47 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ReeferMonkey
I wouldn't hold my breath trying to buy anthing here.
He just replied on 08/26/2005 01:14 PM. That was not so long ago.
Old 08/30/2005, 04:29 PM
Moved On

He just replied on 08/26/2005 01:14 PM. That was not so long ago. [/QUOTE]

It has been for sale for over 4 months ! Sort of !
Old 08/30/2005, 04:37 PM
Brace yourself!

Quote:
Originally posted by Dizzyswimmer
It has been for sale for over 4 months ! Sort of ! [/B]
Thank you for sparing me the trouble.
Old 08/31/2005, 08:10 AM
Registered Member

I can proly take the tank stand and canopy if in good condition. I am guessing its still available....to lazy to re-read the whole thread :d
Old 09/10/2005, 12:25 PM
Registered Member

Oh well i will order a tank tomorrow. This is rediculous man why dont you just take all this stuff off the market since it is obviously unavailable.
Old 09/13/2005, 11:13 PM
Royal Bengal Reefer

I am sorry for making you all feel that I am giving you run around. yes, I am not able to sell it yet but mostly because of my fault. But the problem here is the way I could sell it. I have not found a solid offer for the main stuff (tank, stand, canopy)... and I just can't shutdown until those are taken... also live stuff... I still have the 300lbs + rock but offers are scattered...

My busy condition isn't helping.

(Going to Paris, France for a week. Honestly, I have no clue what to do if I get an offer on my house. Really want to sell it.
Old 09/13/2005, 11:57 PM
Registered Member

not for nothing; but the prices arent exactly at a "gotta get rid of it now set it so low people camp out in my front yard waiting for me to return from paris" prices.

your well over 6 grand parted out. Id be interested in 1 of the dual ballasts, 2 pendants and 2 bulbs. but 320$ is still a little high for used to me.

and then the live rock; Id take a few lbs of it; but not at 4$ a pound. I bought some 1 year aged baserock 2 weeks ago from another guy in georgia for 1$ a lb. it wasnt the best rock yet so not saying yours is worth 1$ a lb, but if you want to sell some for 2$ a lb you let me know where your at.

I dont mean to lowball you. just telling you what I see. seems if you willing to knock the total package in half; why didnt the parted out prices drop at all?
Old 09/14/2005, 04:26 AM