Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Vendor Experiences
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08/10/2005, 12:57 PM
Registered Member

Another satisfied customer here.

I've ordered from Jim on 2 different occasions: once in April and once June. I have been completely satisfied with his products and the service.

Plus he is a real friendly chap to boot :-)

[url=http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mikehulen@sbcglobal.net/album?.dir=3a6d]The Redneck Reef (tm)[/url]
Old 08/10/2005, 01:58 PM
Registered Member

I recommend them. They have great customer service. I usually buy from them then most lfs since they have started. but also they are local and deliver so it is always a plus.

mike
Old 08/10/2005, 04:29 PM
Registered Member

I pretty much order from them continually. They get in some great items at great prices.

Mark
Old 08/10/2005, 05:36 PM
Registered Member

I was asked to post this for them. Great guys and top notch service

Well phooey, it won't post the image but they had internet problems today, if you placed an order or signed up on the mailing list, please do so again

http://www.pernelf.com/fragsncrabs.jpg
Old 08/10/2005, 05:55 PM
Registered Member

I am local so I can't speak about their shipping, but I can highly recommend them for their service, quality and pricing. Jim has always been quick to respond to my questions and I have always been pleased with the corals I have purchased from them.
Old 08/10/2005, 06:58 PM
Registered Member

It's is a husband and wife team!
They are both the nicest people you could meet.

I have ordered from them 5 times and each time very satisfied with my livestock. Their hermits are terrific. Try the Scarlet and blue legs. Those guys are very hard workers.

I have got corals as well and been happy!

They communicate very well, so if you have questions they will be answered very fast.
Old 08/10/2005, 07:22 PM
Registered Member

WOW i love the feedback you guys have given me! thanks alot! i plan to order from them once they get a nice green open brain or i might have to snatch up a coco worm. thanks again
Old 08/10/2005, 07:38 PM
Premium Member

I have bought several things from FragsNCrabs including a coco worm (for $35!!), pink bird-nest frag (for $5), and a Turquoise Blue Millepora frag that has really good color. I have always had my stuff delivered so can't comment on his shipping methods. Here are some of them:
http://www.gotfrogs.com/images/120/FandC.jpg
Old 08/10/2005, 08:34 PM
Registered Member

Try them.. you will not be sorry.
They are great and every thing I have gotten from them has been in great shape.
Old 08/11/2005, 09:57 AM
Registered Member

Frags-N-Crabs are great folx... most of my tank stock comes from them.

..if there was any fault I'd find..it's him selling frags and colonies that I think he should put in his own tank. :-)
Old 08/12/2005, 06:49 PM
Registered Member

Frags n' Crabs

Not only are the prices GREAT, and the items that they have for sale GREAT, but the Customer Service can't be beat. I ordered a Brain Coral and they sent me email stating that it had already been sold. Someone beat me to the punch. They offered me an even better Brain Coral, more expensive, for the same price as the one that I missed out on. They wanted to know if this was alright... LOL

These guys have great products and are great to do business with... What a find...
Old 08/13/2005, 12:35 PM
Registered Member

Just got my order!!!

Went by this morning and picked up my order. Couldn't be Happier!!!!
Jim's a nice guy and the quality of his stuff is better than any of the LFS. Now if my girlfriend will just let me get a bigger tank I'll be a constant customer.
Old 08/17/2005, 11:19 AM
Premium Member

F&C = excellent service!
Old 08/18/2005, 09:59 AM
Reefcast Fan

glad i came across this thread. Im in Tx so i can get overnight shipping by 10AM for $22, or 3PM for $15.
ill defenatly be ordering some stuff from them soon.
Old 08/26/2005, 11:14 AM
Invertebrate Advocate

I have ordered once from frags and crabs and will be doing so again!

I ordered 1 ricordia yuma and 13 red banded trochus(RBT) snails and since I live in Houston I chose to actually pick them up. The ricordia yuma was $12 with my MARSH discount and it actually had TWO polyps on it. They have been doing great in my tank and a nice pretty orange under actinics.

Unfortunately he got a bad shipment of RBT and 10 of my 13 died before I could finish acclimating. I talked to Jim the next day and he said as soon as he got another shipment of them in he would replace them. He even admitted that several more of his had died and that he probably got a bad shipment of snails. Absolutely no run around like I've gotten from LFS and other online vendors in the past!

I went there last night and picked up the 10 replacment snails and rushed home and immediately aerated and drip acclimated them for 3 hours. They all went into the tank and started immediately eating my algae All 10 this morning were munching away.

Jim is top notch for customer service. He offered to ship the snails to me free of charge due to my long wait for another shipment of them and that his location is over an hour away from me. I chose to pick them up instead due to my hectic schedule and he threw in 5 free cerith snails for my trouble.

His prices are 1/3 to 1/2 of what our LFS charge for cleanup crews and his frags are reasonably priced. The thing I like is the cheap shipping, parking lot delivery twice a month and going to pick up ourselves at odd hours. With my crazy schedule FragsNCrabs gets my business with their flexibility.

Here are my yumas happy in the tank:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45...ricordia01.jpg

My to the rescue cleanup crew acclimating:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45...leanupcrew.jpg

Brian