Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/13/2007, 04:08 PM
Registered Member

What happens in the Pats - Jets game?

1: Pats score 40+, blow the Jets away and cover easily
2: Pats score 30+ and cover, holding the Jets to few points
3: Pats score 30+ but don't cover
4: Pats shockingly score less than 30 and don't cover but still win
5: Jets win, the world stops turning, and the gateway to Hell opens on Route 1
6: Zombies storm the field and eat Mangini's brains in pregame, and the game get cancelled

I say the first option... however there is a storm forcasted for Sunday..low scoring game so it may be 41 to 0.
Old 12/13/2007, 04:13 PM
Registered Member

6!
Old 12/13/2007, 05:16 PM
Registered Member

I think Mangini and the weather will keep the score pretty close. I'll go with #4 but hopefully #5.

It'll probably be #1 though
Old 12/13/2007, 05:59 PM
Registered Member

I'll say #2! Go Pats!!
Old 12/13/2007, 06:02 PM
Cancer Sucks

I saw on CNN this morning that the Jets were caught videotaping the Patriots. It happened last year during the Jets-Patriots playoff game.

"There either is or there isn't life out there. Both possibilites are frightening."
(someone help me out - who said this?)
Old 12/13/2007, 06:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Satori
I saw on CNN this morning that the Jets were caught videotaping the Patriots. It happened last year during the Jets-Patriots playoff game.
does that mean we get to spend the next few months crying about the Jets being cheaters?

Old 12/14/2007, 12:21 AM
LIGHTS ARE ON!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by dwd5813
does that mean we get to spend the next few months crying about the Jets being cheaters?

No, press is only allowed to bash the Pats
Other teams can do as they please in a vain attempt to win
Old 12/14/2007, 12:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Satori
Wow, thats a pretty big misstatement!!!

The Jets asked for and received PERMISSION from both the NFL and the Patriots to tape the game last year. The Patriots provided a place for him to stand and tape the game. Halfway thru the game, the Patriots rescinded their permission and made the Jets stop taping which they did.

However, the Jets were taping the game legally under league rules. They were not taping the opposing coaches and their signals, just game play. The Patriots were taping coaches and their signals for the obvious reason of cheating both ingame and in the future.

It's funny how far Pats fans will go to deny that they cheated. They got caught by Detroit taping last year, Detroit tipped off Green Bay who also caught them. The league then warned all teams that this was 100% wrong, then the Pats go out and immediately do it game 1 against the Jets.

Their argument that the tapes werent used for a competitive advantage in the games is PATHETIC at best. They played GB and Detroit last year when both were already eliminated from the playoffs. Clearly they were taping those games to make IN GAME adjustments not for future use as GB and Detroit wont be on their schedule for 4 more years. Coincidentally, against both Detroit and GB, NE scored alot of points late in the game to break open close games and win. Weird, probably had nothing to do with the fact that they had the other teams signals in the second half, right???
Old 12/14/2007, 03:20 PM
LIGHTS ARE ON!!!!

Right
Old 12/14/2007, 03:26 PM
Registered Member

The Pats won alot of games with fourth quarter points this year as well. I doubt if they were video taping after game 1 this year. I still maintain that they were not the only team in the league video taping. http://www.newsday.com/sports/footba...,3978329.story Well it looks more like a cold rain event for Sunday preceeded by a few inches of snow. I guess we should keep the snow blowers handy!!
Old 12/14/2007, 03:32 PM
LIGHTS ARE ON!!!!

Eric Mangini offered a plausible explanation for the events that led to a Jets employee and his video camera being booted from Gillette Stadium during last January's Jets-Pats playoff game. The only thing he got wrong was his overall take on the matter.

"It's really not that big a deal," he said.

Sorry, coach. This is Jets-Patriots. Everything is a big deal. Especially when it's a Jets cameraman being ordered by stadium security to stop taping the game because the Patriots had been unaware of his presence. Especially in light of the Spygate scandal that rocked Mangini mentor Bill Belichick in Week 1, when Mangini and general manager Mike Tannenbaum turned Belichick in to the league and set off a dizzying chain of events that led to unprecedented punishment of the Pats coach.

I'm not saying what the Patriots did was right; it wasn't. But I'm also not naïve enough to think the Patriots were the only team doing it; throughout the history of pro sports there have been similar practices. It doesn't make it right, it just is.

The Patriots won't ever do it again, but it doesn't matter. They're good enough without keeping a dossier on teams' defensive signals, because they haven't lost this season, crushing opponents mentally and physically. With Mangini backpedaling in a defensive mode yesterday while trying to explain what happened last season, it's further proof that Belichick is once again dancing inside the head of his opponent.

No big deal?