Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03/02/2006, 08:59 PM
Registered Member

Recirc Mod Skimmers

Perhaps someone can help me. I have had enough with Beckett skimmers and how sensitive they are to just about everything and have decided to go with ASM G5 Skimmer.

I havent purchased a skimmer in about 2 years and wondered if someone could explain the Recirc mod and the benifits it brings? Does it increase the capacity of the skimmer? Would it make sense on the G5 that already has 2 Sedra 9000 pumps?

What extra equipment would I need If I paid ASM to drill the hole for the mod?

Am I making a good choice? I have a 265 gallon mixed reef with a 40 gallon sump and a 100 gallon refugium.
Old 03/03/2006, 08:14 AM
Registered Member

bump..
Old 03/03/2006, 09:25 AM
Registered Member

On the G5 with two pumps it seems most only recirc one of the pumps giving the water more dwell time in the skimmer making it more efficient which should increase its capacity. If you did the recirc mod on both pumps you would need to add a small feed pump. If you get it done at ASM.com you won't need any extra equipement it should come with every thing you need.