Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Vendor Experiences
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/21/2007, 11:40 AM
Moved On

Where Not To Order From During The Holidays!

I want to give everyone here a heads up as to whom not to place any orders with during the holiday season. Perhaps its me but I have had the worst possible experience with two companies. The first being BlueZoo Aqautics. I placed an order with them Friday of last for an overnighted Saturday delivery. I recieved a confirmation email with my correct billing and shipping address, however, they decided ( well out of sheer laziness) to ship the items to my prior address of mine even though I specified and recieved a confirmation with my new proper address. That's not even what's so dissapointing, I conacted FEDEX and they were very helpful in informing that I could have the package shipped to my correct address if the shipper could call them and correct it. (I was 3hrs away from their pickup facility with a newborn) I kept calling and calling Bluezoo, and nobody was home on a Saturday morning. I don't know how a company offers Saturday shipping but yet has noone in the facility in case of any shipping or other problems. WOW WHAT A GREAT COMPANY!

In my humble opinion they are slipshod at best, I will say however that Mike and Mark at the company are very upstanding guys and take their job seriously. I just think they need to pull the high schoolers out of the shipping department so their orders can arrive where they were intended to go.

I am still awaiting my refund on my money from these guys!

THE WORST PART IS AN ANENMONE AND A MATED PAIR OF CLOWNS DIED NEEDLESSLY AT A FEDEX FACILITY BECAUSE OF SHEER INCOMPETENCE!!

The worst company I have dealt with so far has been MARINE DEPOT LIVE! They debited my account ( and or put a hold) for funds and yet never shipped the items I requested. They did decided to send me an email at 10pm after their business hours and their store was closed ( because that does me a world of good) to tell me my order wasn't being shipped. What's worse is I placed this order on Wednesday and spoke to them on the phone Thursday afternoon and they never said anything about not having items in stock, and btw their website shows they have every item I asked for in stock. I should have thought this strange but I guess I believe in honest business practices!

I called them today because they never had the courtsey to let me know, they offered to ship the remainder of my order for next week. Wow how nice of them! I have to call them and then they come up with the brilliant idea of shipping a partial order, which they could have done on THURSDAY!! I swear if that's what you call good business practices then I must be a saint. Because if I treated my clients this way, or practiced such bad business practices I would be out on my ear in a month's time! I am waiting a refund from them now. Their getting 1 penny from me so that I can have my 400 bucks back

So if you curious as to where to order this Holiday Season.
DO NOT ABOVE ALL DO NOT ORDER FROM BLUE ZOO AND ESPECIALLY DO NOT ORDER FROM MARINE DEPOT!

Btw this thread goes out to KIRRA the lovely sales assitant at MARINE DEPOT, nothing better then an incompotent person who is nasty ta boot! Got to love this education system!

cheers guys and gals
Merry Xmas
David V.

Last edited by |233F gee|<; 12/21/2007 at 11:50 AM.
Old 12/21/2007, 11:41 AM
RC Staff & Thread Pirate

Quote:
SHEER INCOMPOTENCE!!

Nuclear winter solves global warming.
Old 12/21/2007, 11:42 AM
RC Staff & Thread Pirate

[moved]

Nuclear winter solves global warming.
Old 12/21/2007, 11:45 AM
Moved On

thanks

Thanks Doug!

sincerely,
David V.
Old 12/21/2007, 05:01 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11432452#post11432452 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by |233F gee|<

The worst company I have dealt with so far has been MARINE DEPOT LIVE! They debited my account ( and or put a hold) for funds and yet never shipped the items I requested. They did decided to send me an email at 10pm after their business hours and their store was closed ( because that does me a world of good) to tell me my order wasn't being shipped. What's worse is I placed this order on Wednesday and spoke to them on the phone Thursday afternoon and they never said anything about not having items in stock, and btw their website shows they have every item I asked for in stock. I should have thought this strange but I guess I believe in honest business practices!
David
I am sorry you are unhappy. As I explained on the phone, we did not charge or put a hold on your account, your bank did that. We did get a preauthorization for the amount of your order. On Thursday you asked me to make some changes to your order which I did for you. Last minute changes can cause significant delays in order processing. As you were concerned about FedEx delivering your order to the right place; I explained that you would receive an email after 7pm pacific standard time with your tracking number if your order was shipped. That way you could track the package and know when to expect it. I am sorry you were not happy about receiving an email last night. I personally worked late last night making phone calls and sending e-mails to everyone that had orders for today. I do not normally call anyone on the east coast after 8pm (5 Pacific) as a courtesy to them, as many people have children in bed by then.

Quote:
I called them today because they never had the courtsey to let me know, they offered to ship the remainder of my order for next week. Wow how nice of them! I have to call them and then they come up with the brilliant idea of shipping a partial order, which they could have done on THURSDAY!! I swear if that's what you call good business practices then I must be a saint. Because if I treated my clients this way, or practiced such bad business practices I would be out on my ear in a month's time! I am waiting a refund from them now. Their getting 1 penny from me so that I can have my 400 bucks back
As you stated before I did contact you by email. Our policy, as stated on our web site, is to ship orders that are at least 70% filled. Since your order was not shipped, you were not charged for it. If we knew you would have been happier with a less complete order we would have gladly sent it out. I am sorry, but due to Christmas, Thursday 12/27 would have been the soonest we could get it delivered to you. It is too late to process an order today and an order shipped on Saturday would be dead this time of year when it arrived on Monday. We could normally ship orders out on Monday, but neither FedEx nor UPS is delivering on Tuesday the 25th.

Quote:
Btw this thread goes out to KIRRA the lovely sales assitant at MARINE DEPOT, nothing better then an incompotent person who is nasty ta boot! Got to love this education system!
Kira is extremely competent and would go well out of her way for you, if you treat her with respect.

I have written the letter you requested and faxed it to your bank as per your request.

Steve C.
Marine Depot Live Customer Service
www.marinedepotlive.com
714-935-9607 MDL
714-385-0180 FAX

Last edited by MarineDepot; 12/21/2007 at 05:39 PM.
Old 12/21/2007, 05:29 PM
Moved On

Quote:
On Thursday you asked me to make some changes to your order which I did for you. Last minute changes can cause significant delays in order processing. As you were concerned about FedEx delivering your order to the right place; I explained that you would receive an email after 7pm pacific standard time with your tracking number if your order was shipped. That way you could track the package and know when to expect it. I am sorry you were not happy about receiving an email last night. I personally worked late last night making phone calls and sending e-mails to everyone that had orders for today. I do not normally call anyone on the east coast after 8pm (5 Pacific) as a courtesy to them, as many people have children in bed by then.
Firstly, I asked you to switch from a rittieri to an entimecea quadricolor, which is not a large change considering you had them in stock, but they way you make it out is that was the cause for you not shipping the items, but the fact is you didn't have the mated clowns in stock as your website said. So trying to say my last minutes changes caused this is total BS! I placed the order on Wednesday and then called you early Thursday afternoon. If you had these items in stock or even suspected you might not you could have told me then, don't try to back peddle now with lame excuses. The fact is you had ample time to let me know by Friday, rather then at 10pm with a lame excuse email about "conflict in other countries." This is not the proper way to operate a business you said it yourself your website needs to be updated, so don't try to pass the buck here. It just makes it much worse looking.

With regards to this
Quote:
Kira is extremely competent and would go well out of her way for you, if your treat her with respect.
I was not rude or disrepsectful. It is you who have been nothing short of nasty condescneding and enphanlaising towards me. I am a lwayer a parent and educated person, and least of all I am a customer. You should try to treat customers with less indifference. I know I wouldnt treat my clients as you treated me.

sincerely,
David V.
Old 12/21/2007, 08:29 PM
Sponsor

David
As I said, I am sorry we were not able to ship your order when you wanted. As soon as I knew what was and was not shipping I started making phone calls and sending emails. You said earlier you received my email at 10 pm then you act like you were not notified. If we only shipped 10 -20 orders a day it would be easy to call everyone with their tracking numbers or to let them know we could not ship there order. I am not trying to pass the buck and have apologized several times for not shipping your order.
We pride ourselves in taking care of our customers. However we do not make live animals and do not have 100% control over their availably. If it was possible we would fill every single order.

Merry Christmas
Steve C.
Marine Depot Live Customer Service
www.marinedepotlive.com
714-935-9607 MDL
714-385-0180 FAX
Old 12/23/2007, 03:35 AM
Moved On

Quote:
You said earlier you received my email at 10 pm then you act like you were not notified. If we only shipped 10 -20 orders a day it would be easy to call everyone with their tracking numbers or to let them know we could not ship there order. I am not trying to pass the buck and have apologized several times for not shipping your order.
10pm the night before something is to arrive in the am before 10am is not acceptable at all, especially when it was ordered on Wednesday the day prior, again this is really a lame excuse and poor business practices.

sincerely,
David V.
Old 12/23/2007, 07:40 PM
Registered Member

Medication can be a good thing
Old 12/23/2007, 09:50 PM
Guardian of Little People

I pity the poor people who have to deal with the public on a daily basis.

Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant
Old 12/23/2007, 09:56 PM
Indiana Jones Of SPS

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11446699#post11446699 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BrianD
Thats why I am bald STRESS

DVRC Vice President
Old 12/23/2007, 10:06 PM
Yep, that's our sailfin!

Honestly, could people be any more irrational?

-Chris (is so happy he has an office job now)

90g SPS Reef
our myReef is currently offline

Old 12/24/2007, 03:04 AM
Moved On

I've obviously hit a sore spot here with some people. Three days is not unreasonable to me for getting a package of goods you supposedly have in stock . To receive an email at 10pm the night prior on the 2nd before the 3rd day is not what I call good business practices. I'm happy to take my business elsewhere, and deal with more personalized service where they take time and concern about how their customers are treated, and look to get repeat business. Enjoy Marine depot's service, I'll take my medication for my irrational thoughts for asking so much as to have the option to know when I speak to someone the day prior as to wither or not I'll be getting my goods the following business day. Call me crazy.

from the loony bin of prompt delivery and service!
David V.
Old 12/24/2007, 06:43 AM
Indiana Jones Of SPS

Its not a sore subject. They apologized. People make mistakes. You should have accepted the apology and moved on.

DVRC Vice President
Old 12/24/2007, 10:27 AM
Moved On

thanks

Thanks for telling me what I should have done, I'm glad you feel that superior. I didn't post this thread to bash Marine Depot, I posted this thread to point out something Steve at Marine Depot acknowledged, their website is misleading and not respresentative of their livestock. That being said, you can apologize til the sun comes down, but the reality is you don't change your business practices till you realise it's causing you to loose customers, and that's why I am here. This is a free forum and thankfully we're all allowed to voice our opinions here. You have yours and I have mine.

cheers and merry christmas!
David V.
Old 12/24/2007, 10:51 AM
Indiana Jones Of SPS

Re: thanks

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11448887#post11448887 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by |233F gee|<
Thanks for telling me what I should have done, I'm glad you feel that superior. I didn't post this thread to bash Marine Depot, I posted this thread to point out something Steve at Marine Depot acknowledged, their website is misleading and not respresentative of their livestock. That being said, you can apologize til the sun comes down, but the reality is you don't change your business practices till you realise it's causing you to loose customers, and that's why I am here. This is a free forum and thankfully we're all allowed to voice our opinions here. You have yours and I have mine.

cheers and merry christmas!
David V.
Me feel superior? Nah but I am sure everyone reading this thread will have the same feelings as i do. Read between the lines counselor.

DVRC Vice President
Old 12/24/2007, 10:54 AM
Moved On

You obviously are you keep throwing disparaging comments and remarks to me. So it's plainly obvious, perhaps you should read your own comments again. Did I ever speak badly about you? Secondly, how could even possibly know what everyone who has seen this thread thinks, if that's not ego I'm not sure what is. Sadly only a few people commented. This has been my experience and my feelings on Marine Depot, you don't like it tough, stick in your hat!

cheers
David V.
Old 12/24/2007, 11:07 AM
Indiana Jones Of SPS

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11448981#post11448981 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by |233F gee|<
You obviously are you keep throwing disparaging comments and remarks to me. So it's plainly obvious, perhaps you should read your own comments again. Did I ever speak badly about you? Secondly, how could even possibly know what everyone who has seen this thread thinks, if that's not ego I'm not sure what is. Sadly only a few people commented. This has been my experience and my feelings on Marine Depot, you don't like it tough, stick in your hat!

cheers
David V.
This is my last response to you. You felt you hit a sore spot with your post. I responded why you received feed back like you did. You went and responded in a sarcastic way by saying i must feel superior by giving advise. if you want to respond and keep this going then do so. But I will not just keep fueling your fire . It seems you like being mad at people.

DVRC Vice President
Old 12/24/2007, 11:15 AM
Moved On

You know your obviously not aware of your tone to me in the first place. Your just trying to debase what I have said here, you keep responding back more and more negatively towards what I have said here. You don't agree fine, but why the need for the disparaging comments then, if you didn't take it personally. I have no need to be mad at people, your not in my shoes or experienced what I have here. Telling me that I shouldnt have created this thread is not advice, how about you refrain from reading and responding to it. You obviously don't agree, so if you dont have anything constructive to say then move on!

cheers
David V.
Old 12/24/2007, 11:21 AM
Indiana Jones Of SPS

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11446699#post11446699 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BrianD

Sorry Brian
I do not understand what you mean LOL

DVRC Vice President
Old 12/24/2007, 11:24 AM
Moved On

Quote:
This is my last response to you

Still at it man? I just hope the moderator closes this thread, your really a childish and nasty indivdual. Thanks for ruining my thread!

cheers
David V.

Last edited by |233F gee|<; 12/24/2007 at 11:36 AM.
Old 12/24/2007, 12:35 PM
Yep, that's our sailfin!

Like they said, you can't make everyone happy. However, it is rather apparent that someone is a bit bitter and looking to pick a fight with any and everyone.

90g SPS Reef

Old 12/24/2007, 12:52 PM
Moved On

wow

I'm starting to think you all work or are associated with marine Depot somehow. I find it odd I'm the only person who's ever had problems with them, and secondly all I did was respond to comments directed at me calling me crazy for stating what I experienced. I'm not accepting the apology, I think they should change their website to truly show what they have in stock, somethign Steve already stated to me personally that it doesnt work.
Old 12/24/2007, 01:00 PM
Yep, that's our sailfin!

Re: wow

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11449630#post11449630 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by |233F gee|<
I'm starting to think you all work or are associated with marine Depot somehow. I find it odd I'm the only person who's ever had problems with them, and secondly all I did was respond to comments directed at me calling me crazy for stating what I experienced. I'm not accepting the apology, I think they should change their website to truly show what they have in stock, somethign Steve already stated to me personally that it doesnt work.
Stop right there. Now you're simply assuming things. I have, like you, had problems with Marine Depot before. Not exactly the same as yours, but problems are bound to arise in every retail business. They were kind enough and helpful enough that I was pleased with their overall support. They did nothing more for me than they did here for you, I simply was more rational and understanding than you appear to be.

90g SPS Reef

Old 12/24/2007, 01:08 PM
Moved On

Quote:
They did nothing more for me than they did here for you, I simply was more rational and understanding than you appear to be.
What about me is not being rational. I came on here and simply stated their policies suck, that 3 days time is more then enough to know wither or not you have said items in stock. The only person assuming here is you, your assuming you know what happened on the phone or through email. I stated they were nasty, and rude about it, the email was a mass created generlazied response, sent at 10pm. THATS NOT GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE. PERIOD END OF DISCUSSION. What your doing now is trying to debase me, calling me crazy, calling me irrational. You don't agree fine! You don't need to post disparaging remarks to say you disagree!

cheers
David V.