Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Greater Minnesota Reef Society
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/09/2008, 10:03 PM
Registered Member

Some tank pictures

here are some pictures for you james.

Last edited by MN. Reef crzy; 01/09/2008 at 10:09 PM.
Old 01/09/2008, 11:10 PM
Registered Member

I like the tile, I was going to do that in my new house we're building-hardwood floors and dark tile surrounding an in-wall. How do you like it now that its up? How hard was it to do?
Old 01/09/2008, 11:42 PM
Registered Member

Yeah that is what i do for a living is set tile and do hardwoods and stuff like that so for me it is kinda second nature. But slate is a great natural stone, but it is weak structurally, it tends to flake and it is ridiculously heavy, but it looks good.
Old 01/10/2008, 07:47 PM
sweeeet!!

I like your aquascaping!! How far off the ground is it in the hot tub room?? What are the dims of the tank?? What ray is that??

Let it snow, I have a hobby to pay for!!!
Old 01/10/2008, 08:37 PM
Registered Member

thanks about the aquascaping, it took me like 10 times to get it how i kinda like it finally. We took out and than added and than took out, it was kinda funny. Now we kinda have it set up right i think i am going to remove alot of the mushrooms and ric. and start to go for a mostly lps tank. I am also think i would like maybe 10 sps or so also. Just a few of my favorites.

So the tanks bottom in 3 feet of the ground and the tank is 6 by 2 by 1 and a half. It is in a entertainment room in our basement and you can see it from the tub and the front. Now i regret because i would love a fish room .

stingray is according from who gave him to me is a round sand ray. He could not take care of it anymore and i was the only one the area that he knew had a tank anywhere near big enough for it.
Old 01/10/2008, 10:06 PM
Registered Member

how big do they get (the stingray)?
Old 01/11/2008, 12:56 AM
Registered Member

mine i think is over 2 years old, and it is 6" wide
Old 01/11/2008, 07:50 AM
Registered Member

I love the tank and the hot tub and the foxfaces and well hell I like it all!!!
Old 01/11/2008, 10:56 AM
Registered Member

thanks for all the nice comments. The foxfaces are really fun fish. They are loaded with personality. Thank god i have never got barbed by one of them, they get real freindly when food is around. A pretty good amount of my fish will eat right from my hand.