Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Southern California Reefers
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/18/2004, 01:09 AM
Registered Member

Question Aquatic Creations?

Anyone know if Aquatic Creations is still around in Rancho Cucamonga? I drove up there today during lunch and it looked deserted. I found a post here in the Vendor forum from Oct. that stated Andrew was in the hospital due to heart problems? Anyone have any updates? His shop was the best place to get small frags for my 10G nano.
Old 12/18/2004, 01:16 AM
$30.00 lunch 4 my angler

i have no idea what happened. i use to go there all the time. the last time i went there was a note on the door that they woudl be closed due to a family emergency . then i would call and it said somthing similar btu that they would be open the following week. but thats been liek 2 months ago. i know his place was struggling a little so by him being gonne for a few weeks prob. did the business in. andrew is a great guy i hope to here from him soon. i wanted him to build my stand. andrew if you see this post pls pm me buddy. if anyone knows what happend fill us in . we lost a good lfs and friend in andrew and aquatic creations.
Old 12/18/2004, 01:26 AM
Registered Member

Andrews store is closed down, I visited Tyree this past sat. and he told me Andrew had some on going health problems and could not keep the store going.From what I was told Andrew is at least some what mobile now.
Old 12/18/2004, 01:29 AM
$30.00 lunch 4 my angler

does anyone no what happend to him?
Old 12/18/2004, 01:37 AM
Registered Member

Exactly what I don't know but it had to do with his heart/high blood pressure. I know he was in the hospital(ICU) for at least a couple of weeks.
Old 12/18/2004, 01:50 AM
$30.00 lunch 4 my angler

wow! i hope he is doing good now.
Old 12/18/2004, 10:26 AM
Rubberman

I understand he had a stroke or heart attack and won't be back. I bought some of his old tanks and believe the building is now empty.
I can only imagine the stress involved in owning and running a LFS.

SteveU
Old 12/18/2004, 10:36 AM
Registered Member

This thread really bumms me out.. Andrew is an awesome guy!

Take Care Andrew.

--Rick
Old 12/19/2004, 12:38 PM
Registered Member

Oh Man - I've dealt with Andrew only once, but he went out of his way to help me and answer all my questions - a real class act. I hope he is doing well now
Old 01/11/2005, 10:43 AM
Registered Member

I got an email from Andrew a little over a month ago and he stated he wanted to start back up soon this month. His line still works at the LFS and his website is still up http://www.aquatic-creations-online.com/
Old 04/16/2005, 01:29 AM
Registered Member

What happened to Andrew

I saw this post and didnt relize that so many have not heard what actaully happened... So here is the scoop...

Andrew as most of you know was running the store along with the manufacturing... And as of such didnt relize his health was going sounth.. he thought he was just over worked... well he ended up in the emergency room at the end of sept.. where they found he had suffered a few major heart attacks and also was in some advanced stages of Congestive heart falure.. His heart at the time was only pumping about 30% volume, you and I pump about 65- 75% So he spent the next few weeks in ICU closely guarded.. His wife and some customers shut down the store so Andrew would not be able to go back to it and would concentrate on healing and getting better.. Not a good move for us but a great move for himself and his family.. Last I heard he is up to 48% and getting strnger but he is pretty much retired now.. and only gets out now and then... He was in good spirits last we spoke but misses the the whole friendship and business he made... He told me he will most likely never open back up or even get to involved much anymore but he is finally enjoying his tank at home... So thats the scoop.. and as he puts it everyday he wakes up is a good day...
Old 04/16/2005, 02:15 AM
$30.00 lunch 4 my angler

wow! that is sad to hear. Andrew helped me out a great deal when i first started in the hobby. i wish him and his family the best! i miss pulling up to his store and his boy would say hey my dads not here and as i started to pull away he would say just kidding. and then those infamous dogs he had thier. they sure are ugly! but, he loved those dogs. anyhow, i hope i get to talk to him again at least. and he pops his head in here to say hello. Andrew bud i will miss your store and your freindship.hit me up if you see this.

richard

Last edited by SOREVIV476; 04/16/2005 at 02:41 AM.
Old 04/16/2005, 02:38 AM
Registered Member

Andrew has got to be one of the coolest and nicest persons I've ever met in life. I do miss swinging by the shop after work. Hope to see you on these boards soon Andrew!
Old 04/16/2005, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian Koyama
Andrew has got to be one of the coolest and nicest persons I've ever met in life. I do miss swinging by the shop after work. Hope to see you on these boards soon Andrew!
Yup. Andrew's a great guy, hurry up and get well!! We are all pulling for you. - Ali
Old 04/16/2005, 01:58 PM
20 & Over Club

I saw Andrew a few weeks ago down at the gas station by our house (he live's about 2 miles from me), he pretty much told me the same thing n2trobl wrote.

He looked good, said he was able to drive around the block, "that's all my wife lets me do" he said.
Old 04/16/2005, 02:04 PM
Registered Member

Does anyone know his handle on RC?