Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Coral & Livestock Trading

Old 11/30/2005, 10:08 PM
Moved On

Smile Michigan Trading

I see someone else did a post for their state. So I figured I would get one going for us here in Michigan.

I would like to find some people in Michigan that would like to do some trading.

I have Orange Monti Cap Frags, Several Types of Mushrooms that I can trade for other corals.

If Anyone else wants to post what they have in here your more then welcome.
Old 12/01/2005, 08:42 PM
Registered Member

Where are you located?
Old 12/01/2005, 09:03 PM
Moved On

BC we already chat...
Old 12/02/2005, 12:19 PM
Moved On

Come on guys....I know their is people on here in Michigan that would like to do some trading of Corals and Equipment.
Old 12/02/2005, 06:42 PM
Registered Member

I started that other thread you mentioned. lol

Where are you guys at?

I'm looking preferrably for any kind of acropora with a staghorn growthform, zoos and ricordia of any type.

I have a few frogspawn and hammer heads(think that's what they are) I can get rid of as well as some red and greentip hairy mushrooms.

I could spare some tan cap frags and I also have a cool blue/purple polyp tan cap frag or two, Some digitata that gets a purple body under good light, Some Montipora Aquituberculata sp? originally from a steve tyree frag supposedly.

I've got some of another one called psammocora contigua which is a gnarly stubby branching kind of chocolate brown sps. Agressive like hydnophora.

Want some GSPs? I got em too! Take them all! lol

My tank was a coral forest at one point, until my son decided to "help" and dosed the tank with mass quantities of kalk. But now anyway my tank is recovering , everything is growing well and I'm looking to have trades locally. I don't really like to ship when it's this cold out. But maybe I can anyway.

Oh, I also have an Advance Can-style m-58 metal halide ballast and some semi used halides bulbs...ushio 10k, Iwasaki 6500k, Blueline 10k (250 watters)

Also an icecap 430 ballast and set of waterproof sockets and harness for two tubes and another set of coralife cheapo sockets.

Hell I had more stuff than I thought! lol
Old 12/02/2005, 11:29 PM
Moved On

Where in MI are you? I am in Battle Creek

I would be interested in some of your stuff for trades.
Old 12/02/2005, 11:35 PM
Moved On

I wouldnt mind some purple digitata, hammers, frogspawn,monti caps. Whatever ya got. I have a bunch as well but not alot.LOL. I have bright Orange Monti Cap, Bright Green Monti Cap with blue/Purple Rim. Some Blastomussa, Alot of Shrooms(Several Types) some Ricordias, A bunch of zoos, Green Digitata, GSP, Acan Echinata, Frogspawn, Hammer, Pink Pocillopora and I think thats about all. I have a total of Like 96 shrooms. Maybe 10 different colors or morphs. Let me know if your interested in anything. I have them under 800 watts of MH and 130 watts of PC actinics and 2 watts of Lunar.
Old 12/03/2005, 01:38 AM
Registered Member

I would be interested in some bluerim green monti, ricordea, zoos, green digi and, shrooms. I don't have any blue shrooms in particular.

Tell me more about your rics and shrooms. what colors? I have too much green stuff lol.
I have my guys all under 2 400 watt coralvue and 2 250 watt 14 ks on a 90 with no actinics.

I live in St clair shores, a little north of detroit.
Have you ever shipped across the state before?
I'd bet the shipping would be cheap. tomorrow I can put a set of pics together and email them to you. I don't know what the image quality will be but I'll try. I suck at taking pictures.

I have the perfect shipping box, styrofoam sheet and heatpacks! forgot I had it all. lol I'll trade whatever you want. We both pay shipping and get new frags. It just doesn't get better than that.

Anyone else? I have that icecap vho ballast and MH ballast to trade too! Make me a trade offer!
Old 12/03/2005, 03:07 AM
Moved On

I have shipped across state and country... I have a good styrofoam shipping box. Fit quite a bit in it I bet. I got a bunch in it when i got it. The Green Monti would be a smaller piece as it is a slow grower in my tank and cant part with the whole piece.Its not that big right now. My orange monti on other hand grows like a weed. I only have a few blue shrooms. I have some very nice flourecent green ones that you may like if you dont have anything like them already... The rics i have a nice too. I have 2 polyps of some that have a skunk pattern and some that are green,pink,purple,green color morph. the I have a few singles og green yumas and some single florida rics too. Blue, and yellow/orange/green. the frogspawn is lucent green with pink/purple tips. My camera is a 1.3 mp camera and really stinks...I wouldnt mind the vho ballast as to i need some more lighting. the green digitata needs some light to it. I have 2 pieces that are like 2" or so. the greenest I am keepin but the other I can send ya. I will have to put it up in the light more to color it up for you. I will do that tomorrow. I need some more red shrooms. I have 3 of them lost one under a rock today and the 2 others are baby ones. If they are the bright red like I have I wouldnt mind a few of them as well. Well im off to bed you can email me at jens2angels@aol.com . Its my wifes email but I use it more then her well talk to you soon
Old 12/03/2005, 03:58 AM
Registered Member

Yeah, the red shrooms I have are bright red. I can send you a few on a piece of branch rock. I believe there are about 5 of them on there and they are really spreading throughout the tank here and there. They look nice and some of them seem to tolerate the 400 watters even.

I am interested in your ricordea, especially the floridas.

Got any cool zooanthids? I am looking for real wacky colors.

You got a PM...
Old 12/03/2005, 11:34 AM
Moved On

Sent PM back..... We can work a deal for the florida rics. I have some zoos that may be interesting to you. Some need a better tank for sure...Would love some more Red shrooms since I have just a few. I may be able part with some frogspawn...What colors are yours? Well I will caht with ya soon.
Old 12/08/2005, 08:14 PM
Moved On

looking for some traders
Old 12/18/2005, 02:34 PM
Premium Member

you might want to check out michiganreefers.com if you haven't already. We have a swap coming up at the end of January.
Old 12/18/2005, 03:12 PM
Moved On

Yeah know about that website but I guess they dont think I am welcome there... So I dont participate in thier activities. Sorry
Old 12/20/2005, 06:27 PM
Moved On

no one wants to trade anything in Michigan or you stuck on the MR website that is lame and contains nothing for information?
Old 12/31/2005, 09:28 PM
www.michiganreefers.com

never mind

Visit:
www.michiganreefers.com
Old 01/03/2006, 12:58 PM
Ready For Some Football

Man, I thought you were trying to trade the Wolverines. I don't think you will get much for them.

Just a little Buckeye Humor

Old 01/05/2006, 12:08 PM
Premium Member

would like to trade but I have no active reef tanks at the moment. Would be interested in too few corals to stock a tiny 4G
Old 01/05/2006, 01:40 PM
Moved On

how much you plan on putting in that lil thing? Where are you from? I have some Zoas and Mushrooms you could put in it. LMK
Old 01/10/2006, 03:38 PM
Alpha One

I am willing to trade.
You can look at my website to see what I have.
I do not have close ups of all corals, so if you see something in the full tank shots you like let me know.

Nicest coral I have would probebly be a Milli with lime tips and pink skin.

Sing, goddess, the rage of Achilles the son of Peleus,the destructive rage that sent countless pains on the Achaeans...
Old 01/10/2006, 03:40 PM
Alpha One

Sing, goddess, the rage of Achilles the son of Peleus,the destructive rage that sent countless pains on the Achaeans...
Old 01/10/2006, 03:49 PM
Moved On

is that a blue encrusting monti??? I like that one... Will be checkin your site
Old 01/10/2006, 03:56 PM
Alpha One

Quote:
Originally posted by killerwhale0217
is that a blue encrusting monti??? I like that one... Will be checkin your site
Yes it is.
A nice one too.
That is an old pic. It is bigger now.

Old 01/10/2006, 03:56 PM
Moved On

I like your zoas as well but not into much SPS yet... I have a few sps that are doing great but other then that I have lps and some softies.... What would you be looking for? Let me know.
Old 01/10/2006, 03:57 PM
Moved On

I wouldnt mind a frag of that