Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Photography

Old 01/01/2008, 06:56 PM
Premium Member

adding borders to pics

can someone recommend an easy program that i can use to add customized borders to my pics? preferrably freeware
Old 01/05/2008, 02:05 PM
Registered Member

Old 01/05/2008, 03:33 PM
Moved On

freeware? hmmmm you could try PAINT lol
Old 01/06/2008, 03:46 AM
Registered Member

you can use GIMP, it's free popular program you can use enough to achieve some things
Old 01/06/2008, 03:47 AM
Registered Member

insert a pic into microsoft word, add a border using the menu then print screen and paste into paint, save!

-Samuel Clemens
Old 01/06/2008, 12:41 PM
Premium Member

thanks all!
Old 01/06/2008, 04:16 PM
RC Staff & Thread Pirate

If you use photoshop or elements, google "framing action"

Nuclear winter solves global warming.
Old 01/07/2008, 01:23 AM
Registered Member

only problem with saving in paint is that, the highest quality is JPEG, but it isn't high quality as such those you can have in photoshop and other programs. Photoshop would definitely be a good choice, but you do have to pay unless you can get it the other way illegally 0.o
Old 01/07/2008, 01:32 AM
Moved On

I dont understand how alot of you misinterpret others questions so easily sometimes. He specifically asked "can someone recommend an easy program that i can use to add customized borders to my pics?", not HOW DO I ADD FRAMES. You as an admin beerguy shouldnt assume others intentions and misunderstand what they're TRYING to say or ask after being around and answering so many questions. I been seeing this alot.
Old 01/07/2008, 10:13 AM
RC Staff & Thread Pirate

Quote:
Originally posted by hybridgenius
I dont understand how alot of you misinterpret others questions so easily sometimes. He specifically asked "can someone recommend an easy program that i can use to add customized borders to my pics?", not HOW DO I ADD FRAMES. You as an admin beerguy shouldnt assume others intentions and misunderstand what they're TRYING to say or ask after being around and answering so many questions. I been seeing this alot.

Old 01/07/2008, 07:37 PM
Registered Member

Talking

Old 01/09/2008, 03:02 PM
New Title

Quote:
It may not have applied to the exact question asked, but I thought it was helpful. Thanks beerguy

SereneReef
Old 01/10/2008, 11:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bwest
It may not have applied to the exact question asked, but I thought it was helpful. Thanks beerguy
ditto
Old 01/11/2008, 12:54 AM
Moved On

I hope you enjoy my not answering a question you have on a thread someday, but to bring upon another subject. My point was at least answer the thread-maker's question, not that it wasnt helpful. It just wasnt helpful at all to the one who posted this thread, OK?
Old 01/11/2008, 10:05 AM
RC Staff & Thread Pirate

Quote:
I hope you enjoy my not answering a question you have on a thread someday, but to bring upon another subject. My point was at least answer the thread-maker's question, not that it wasnt helpful. It just wasnt helpful at all to the one who posted this thread, OK?

Actually you're dead wrong. I absolutely answered his question. If you already have Photoshop Elements, there are a ton of free "Framing" actions on the Internet. I simple Google search is all that you need to use them.

Perhaps it was you who should have paid more attention to the OP's post.

Old 01/11/2008, 10:07 AM
RC Staff & Thread Pirate

What I find really irritating is that you're criticizing me for not answering his question when all that you were able to add to the discussion was:

Quote:
freeware? hmmmm you could try PAINT lol
Perhaps you should apply the same scrutiny to your own posts that you do to other's.

Cheers