Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07/21/2007, 05:29 PM
Registered Member

i have a pair of ocellaris clownfish, i aquired them from a local woman taking down her tank, they were in a community reef tank, i didnt ask if they had ever spawned etc as i wasnt thinking of attempting to breed them when i got them, she had them for 2 years. i put them in my 65 gal reef with some other fish, they are doing great and fun to watch, i have a 33 gal i setup with lr (50 lbs) and ls (60 lbs) it is ready for fish and corals now (the rock was also from her tank, established 2 years). if i move them over and they were the only fish in the tank is there a better chance they will spawn for me? they are deffinatly a pair, they go everywhere together, the female is about 2.5" and the male is just under 2". also do they prefer a anenome? or what other kind of corals do they like to host in? i dont know anything about breeding them, except what i have read here!